Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Race Change Potion!

XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
edited December 22, 2016 in Feedback and Suggestions
So, I know this horse is long dead, but I am hoping if I hit it enough times it will jolt back to life.
We should get race change potions.

When giants were first released, they were ugly. By the time they changed them, I was really attached to my progress on my main character. I still am and will not restart all my progress. But would like to at least look like a giant.

*body slams the dead horse*

Tarlach - Xeek
Darkpixie99SherriMissFortuneSylviaWolfeSignatureSoraHakuDAMilkypockyKokoroFoxieeZeoand 5 others.

Comments

• ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited December 22, 2016
    It's kind of irrelevant at this point. Everyone that has played for a while has either stuck with their character or made a new character with the race they actually want to play. Also if this was a thing there would be no elves anymore...
    SephanleSylviaWolfeSignatureHazurah
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    But the people who stuck (like myself) might want to change.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    To be honest, I wish I could turn my main into an Elf. I would pay for this type of item if Nexon put forth the effort to make race exclusive skills locked until that race was in use again. This way you can gain more talents and skills, while still retaining the previous progress.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    It would be a good idea but: how it could be applied with the race exclusive transformations?
    - Human: Paladin/Dark Knight
    - Elf: Falcon
    - Giant: Beast
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I support this, only because of other people I know would fully support this as well.
    I'm fine with being an elf TBH. xP
    I don't care if they remove the skills to the point where if I change back I need to re-rank them. I just want to be a giant. They look awesome.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I've been wanting to leave behind my elf self for the longest time. I identify as a human. This is the thing I want the most right after stopping all of the pointless crashes caused by the disregard for users with older machines which can run this game laglessly, but apparently not crashlessly, whereas some more modern games apparently have absolutely no problem <_<
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    NekoLily
    NekoLily said:

It would be a good idea but: how it could be applied with the race exclusive transformations?
    - Giant: Beast
    If possible, race exclusive skills would be wiped and the ap would be given to the character(final hit and stuff have AP, even though the transformations don't.) The character might not need to go through the gs of getting them again, but they'd be given the lowest rank of the transformation skill to just rank up again. As for race exclusives like final hit, it could either be given again at lowest rank or the character would have to go out and get the skill.

That's just my thinking of it.
    DaktaroSignatureHazurahFarseerarentaKaiwyth
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    If you're under 5k total, honestly just make the race you want to. With all these events, it wouldn't take long at all to get back to where ur main was.
    Nifanity
    Zincathon
    Zincathon said:

If you're under 5k total, honestly just make the race you want to. With all these events, it wouldn't take long at all to get back to where ur main was.
    Except, any time you spend getting from 1000higher you can use to get your main even higher.
    I would say if you are around 1k or less go for it. But 5k is way to much. And also doesn't help people who are over 5k. Like myself.
    SylviaWolfe
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 23, 2016
    [blockquote class="Quote" rel="NekoLily"]It would be a good idea but: how it could be applied with the race exclusive transformations?
    - Giant: Beast[/blockquote]

You'd have to do each transformation questline at least once, and the skill(s) would be locked until you rebirth into that race again.IE: Not a Giant, so as a human the Transformation skills have the same lock Icon as from the style tab, and cannot be initiated with a hotkey or button press.They'd also appear under a "Race Locked" Skill Tab, with the ranks retained and added to a unique new talent called "Hero." These skill talents are added separately from the other Talent Skills, and include the exclusive skills from each race.

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'd be happy to pay a bit not to have to grind out one of my alts. Also I kinda like my name. Heck I wish we could rebirth between the races and that it just locked the skills that were race-specific if you weren't that race, but I get where that could be a bit much.
  • SignatureSignature
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I think there wouldn't be anymore elves either, me included
    +1
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    edited December 23, 2016
    Would be kinda nice. Not sure if I'd use it, but it'd be nice to have that option.

It could be an item where it's either X amount of cash to deter people from switching around all the time without being so much that it would deter anyone from using it, or it could be something with a time period between each use, if the devs are concerned about people switching around for the sake of it (because I feel like this is something that would come up as a counter argument) so uhhh... yeah there's that.
  • HyoukariHyoukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    or you can buy elite hero cards and get a character of the race you want that's 2k total. Won't hurt you that much.
    edited December 23, 2016
    -
    Hyoukari
    Hyoukari said:

or you can buy elite hero cards and get a character of the race you want that's 2k total. Won't hurt you that much.
    -

I have 18k AP. I am fairly sure it will sting.

-
    mintiel
    mintiel said:

Would be kinda nice. Not sure if I'd use it, but it'd be nice to have that option.

It could be an item where it's either X amount of cash to deter people from switching around all the time without being so much that it would deter anyone from using it, or it could be something with a time period between each use, if the devs are concerned about people switching around for the sake of it (because I feel like this is something that would come up as a counter argument) so uhhh... yeah there's that.
    -
    They can have a one time per character. Or something if that worries them.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    This idea was briefly visited before here: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/657/race-change-potion/p1
    The point of this topic is not only to continue the idea, but also go over how it could actually work.

IGN: Nilrem
    Server: Tarlach

Race change is something that has been brought up a number of times in the past.
    While yes, we have Elite hero cards, they are not enough if a player has invested 5k+ levels into a character.
    This is made even worse with bags, beauty coupons, and difficult to obtain skills added into the mix.
    Not to mention crusader levels, squire levels, reputation levels, etc.
    When a player becomes far too invested in a race, but is unhappy with the results, it becomes a giant hurdle to recreate the results again.

Now, an actual race change item would of course need to be an expensive cash shop item. One would need to be encouraged to switch wisely, not constantly.
    The best way to handle such an item would be like a special rebirth card/token.
    Switching race has its complications, but having it done through a rebirth could ease some of them.
    Equipment is set, titles unequipped. The only problem there are styles.
    For that, just have it transfer styles shared between races. This is to make beauty coupons not be wasted.

Now that the cosmetic side is out of the way, next comes skills.
    For that, it is simple: Have it be a similar effect to an all reset capsule.
    All skills to rank F, with skills your race cannot learn "removed", and AP returned.
    For transformations, just have it check if you did G2, and then reset all of those skills to rank F.
    This would double as being a simple "fix", and as a cost to discourage constant race switching.
    Demi god and crusader skills can remain untouched though. Those should not be a problem.

Last are small things, like titles obtained, EvG faction coding, etc.
    I'll be honest, such things are very specific, but should not be hard to change or fix.

Well, I guess that is another idea thrown into the pile.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I like the idea of being able to change race. Of course, I'll never consider it with my main. I like being an elf. But this will help a bunch of others out too.
    I have no ideas on how something like all this will be achieved, but I'm here to say I support the idea! ^-^
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    I've kind of already got it here in another forum, but it seems to be competing with revamping old skills. Hopefully Nexon KR's recent teaser towards giants is a hint that they're working on it.
    Nilrem
  • MilkypockyMilkypocky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    i'd be all for it. even though i enjoy being an elf for the cosmetic features we have and the running speed i still feel hampered by all the combat disadvantages they have so i want to switch to a human. i've considered creating a human character and switching to it when i'm able to buy NX again but ive gotten so far with my main elf that it's stopping me from doing so.. being able to switch races without having to sacrifice practically everything else you've been working hard towards would be amazing.
    that's just my example and i'm sure there are lots of people who'd really enjoy this kind of feature for whatever reason they have, whether it be that they're not enjoying the race they play as anymore (like in my case) or they simply want to see what another race has to offer