Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Race Change Potion!

Comments

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I adore being an elf, but given the chance to switch my main to human I'm going to jump on it and would pay handsomely to do so. Gimme dat dual wielding, exclusive clothing (I'm looking at you Maplestory headphones) and overall relevance.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited February 24, 2017
    Considering it looks like we will never get an elf revamp, might aswell race change.
    I am for it.
    SherriSylviaWolfe
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited February 28, 2017
    In-game name and server otherwise you're suggestion is invalid. Also, I think it might be better as a race change set, containing the race change potion you suggest along with the amount of pon it would cost you to change each of your features to what you'd want them to be since your appearances would be reset once you shifted race.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited February 28, 2017
    Alright, fair enough, I didn't realize they'd changed the rules. You would think they'd just carry over the old rules
    -shrug-

To be honest though, with the release of the Giant Update, I could just see Nexon giving out free Giant Ace Cards. So perhaps they wouldn't have to make the potion you're talking about and simply do a character card update. I remember you could rebirth pets into different species using pet cards. For example, I had a bluebird that I wound up changing into a penguin. However, it's been a while since I've done that so I'm not sure if that system is still in the game. Can anyone confirm or deny that it is or isn't?

Because if it is still in the game code, I could see them using Character Cards to trigger the race-change, rather than making a brand new item to do the same thing, or at least make it a costly option in the Dressing Room since your features are decided there anyway.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Why not just make a giant?
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    If we had a race change potion then we would no longer have any elves :'(
    SylviaWolfe
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited February 28, 2017
    @AlmostNotsuper Because they probably don't want to re-rank their skills and go through the content again. =T

@Blankeye The time for Elves is coming.
    SylviaWolfe
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Blankeye wrote: »
    If we had a race change potion then we would no longer have any elves :'(

or it could make everyone go elf or giant depending on how skills are effected. elves could go human to learn beserk and final hit and then switch back to elf. if a race changing option allowed us to keep all our skills the same it wouldn't make much difference at all what race we play as.

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I love the idea of a race change potion or any type of option that would allow it. My main is human but I would love to change to into an elf.
    XxSWxX
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Forum already exists
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Forum already exists

Thank you! Merged threads to keep things together. :)
    Darkpixie99
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Even if there were no changes to elves, I would still pay to change my human main to elf. I never really liked Final Hit or Bash to be honest. I would much prefer faster running speed.
  • KagaKaga

Lmao always this.

Does none of you guys not get that people invested a lot of TIME, MONEY AND AP, which is why they don't want to race change?

I for one don't want to "just make a new character" when I spent so much time and money on my elf, nor do I want to go from 27k ttl to 0 or "2k" since apparently that's "good enough".

Reason why we need a race change option is BECAUSE of the time and money we spent already on our main.
    KokoroSylviaWolfeBehelitZeo
    Kaga wrote: »

Lmao always this.

Does none of you guys not get that people invested a lot of TIME, MONEY AND AP, which is why they don't want to race change?

I for one don't want to "just make a new character" when I spent so much time and money on my elf, nor do I want to go from 27k ttl to 0 or "2k" since apparently that's "good enough".

Reason why we need a race change option is BECAUSE of the time and money we spent already on our main.

But you've known the differences between the races for some time now. It's true that you've sunk a lot of time and ap into your current character, but you could've done the same with a giant, and you still can. No one's stopping you, and players like you have been ranting for years now that giants are superior. The longer you wait the bigger that gap grows. You have to have known that.

As for equipment, I doubt a race change would affect equipment as well, and there are already trade-unlocks for things that aren't restricted by race.

Honestly, I see no reason not to have a race change card type thing (though I don't know how easy it would be to implement, I assume it's possible because pets can do it). What irks me is the context. Giants get an update -> "Hey I wanna be the best race so can I change to a giant with my existing character pl0x? kthxbai". If it were me, I'd release a race change item for purchase for a limited time after the giant update, wait for the inevitable elf update to come along, let the people who only bought one item QQ for a couple months when they realize their mistake, then release it again for a limited time. Keep re-balancing the races and repeat until the game dies. Best cash grab.

But seriously, at least wait to see what they do with elves before you start jumping ship. Be patient.
  • KagaKaga
    edited March 3, 2017

Lmao always this.

But you've known the differences between the races for some time now. It's true that you've sunk a lot of time and ap into your current character, but you could've done the same with a giant, and you still can. No one's stopping you, and players like you have been ranting for years now that giants are superior. The longer you wait the bigger that gap grows. You have to have known that.

As for equipment, I doubt a race change would affect equipment as well, and there are already trade-unlocks for things that aren't restricted by race.

Honestly, I see no reason not to have a race change card type thing (though I don't know how easy it would be to implement, I assume it's possible because pets can do it). What irks me is the context. Giants get an update -> "Hey I wanna be the best race so can I change to a giant with my existing character pl0x? kthxbai". If it were me, I'd release a race change item for purchase for a limited time after the giant update, wait for the inevitable elf update to come along, let the people who only bought one item QQ for a couple months when they realize their mistake, then release it again for a limited time. Keep re-balancing the races and repeat until the game dies. Best cash grab.

But seriously, at least wait to see what they do with elves before you start jumping ship. Be patient.

No. We wanted a race change option before the giant revamp.
    Obviously no one is stopping me from making a new character, but anyone with common sense wouldn't want to sink more time and money after coming this far, unless they really have a lot of freetime, which I don't.
    You did say "You could have sunk that much money and time on a giant", which I didn't and obviously the others who want a race change option because elves are the weakest race of all.

It's not just giants, humans are even way more superior.
    At this point there is no turning back.

They will most likely give elves (if they even give them a revamp) an "archer boost" or some BS. I mage like a lot of elves so that would be useless regardless.

I am willing to take the risks to race change if my equipments are only for elves (which they aren't)
    Like I said, not sure if you have been around the forums for the past years but we have been hoping for a race change option before this giant revamp.

Regardless if they release an elf revamp or not, what's wrong with having a race change option? does it hurt your gaming experience or something? whether people are impatient or not, they can ask for whatever they want and hope they get it.
    Regardless if they release an elf revamp or not, what's wrong with having a race change option? does it hurt your gaming experience or something?
    Honestly, I see no reason not to have a race change card type thing (though I don't know how easy it would be to implement, I assume it's possible because pets can do it). What irks me is the context.

I know people have been asking for the ability to change races for quite some time, but the thread I originally replied to specifically mentioned the revamp as the reason, and nothing more. Still, it seems I have unintentionally roped you in with them. Sorry about that. =3=;
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    edited May 30, 2017
    I had this really odd idea, I have no idea if anyone else has posted this. But what if there was a Cash shop item. that let you change your charaters race? As in if your tired of being a human, and want to be a giant or elf without having to make a whole new charater? Sure charater cards would be less needed. but they already dont really have a use other then alts for bank space lol. Like im a human but I honestly wish my char was a giant lol. Make it so like every 90 days or more you could change your race. Or even only one change, but you can switch it back to the old race at anytime incase you didnt like it. I think it would make a lot of older players happy and new players too. Cause no one likes starting from nothing.... :/ ! Give me a shout on ideas to further this!
    Love,
    Foxiee of the Tarlach Server (Yes we are still alive!)

Updated Info toards this idea:

I realized I didn't explain much in this,

If we DID get a race change Some people say its "Not fair" or that its a "I don't want to see everyone change" or "You chose your race you should be stuck with that race" In honesty. Think about the plyers that where BEFORE Giants/Elves. We did NOT get that choice to start over really well. We where already INVESTED big time into our humans. Even being the start of the game. We still didnt get this whole other races. So to us older players some of them not all. We WANT to be able to change. Honestly probably barely anyone would change races.

Best way to do it If it did happen:
    Allow us to keep all r1 Skills cept for Human/Elf/Giant ONLY skills. Re-set them to F. Or give us them r1. Allow us to keep our total Lvl / AP. There are server change tickets ect in KR. This would be about the same kinda request. Cept no moving a charater. Only re-writing what it is.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited May 19, 2017
    I think this has been suggested countless times. Regardless, allowing people to change race would discourage people from starting over on other characters and spending more money. I doubt it'll happen.
    Mabskmk
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    While it is a good idea, there are a few problems to the idea, namely the race-specific skills. Unlike other games, where there are same amounts of skills regardless of race and the skill leveling is simple, Mabi has a skill point ranking system, where skills take different amounts of points in order to rank the skill in question, and not all skills take the same amount of AP. To have the race change to seamlessly, they'd have to find some way to fix the point system issue, which seems more troublesome than necessary, at least to me.
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    The first thing I can think of is what will happen to the race specific skills like Final Hit or the Beast/Paladin mode. If you have one of those skills at rank 1 will they vanish and you lose the AP spent on them or will you have those abilities on a character of the wrong race.

The second thing I thought of is what would happen to Race specific quests?

The game might be a bit too complex at this stage in it's development to impliment something as complicated as changing a character's race.