Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Direct Launch Ending March 16th

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Lame-sauce! It's really silly to remove this means of launching mabi. Idk about anyone else, but I've found that the direct launch loads faster than having to load the nexon launcher, deal with its obnoxious outdated announcements, select your game (which sometimes takes several failed attempts before it succeeds), deal with yet more outdated announcements, then maybe just MAYBE you'll get to actually play the 1st try. That is if the "Play" button actually works.

So again no real reason to remove this option
    Brightheart
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2017
    Why should you have to restart the computer?
    Arjune wrote: »
    "stay logged in 36 minutes to earn X reward .... only can use nexon launcher soon"

are they trying to weed out people who use multi accounts?

It's always good to have a back up computer right? You never know when old faithful might eat it. You can just use that laptop sitting right next to you. Get a sturdy TV tray and a comfy office chair that swivels. I use Nexon launcher on the laptop, and Steam on my PC. They are -both- handy. Especially when you want to run two different games and not on the same computer.

-pat pat-

^_^
    Helsa
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Do they need to update the launcher? I'm getting no option to import my current install of mabi. Even though I've been using the Launcher since Icarus beta, I've only been launching mabi by the exe. I've reinstalled the launcher already.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Gaea wrote: »
    Why should you have to restart the computer?

For example, because the Launcher won't launch properly if you close the laptop lid. It comes up with something else and no matter how many times it's relaunched it won't start up properly.
  • Jag272Jag272
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Jag272 wrote: »
    Not at all a fan of the nexon launcher personally, as i find I have to reinstall it frequently as it just stops booting seemingly at random, it will show up in task manager and then just disappear unless i reinstall or delete some of the launcher's data for it to repatch.

Have you restarted your computer instead of reinstalling the launcher entirely?
    On the contrary, restarting my PC seems to be the trigger. I don't restart it particularly often, once every few days, but whenever I do that is when the launcher stops booting correctly forcing a reinstall or a delete of the bin and patch folders, which then promps the exe to patch itself and then it will boot correctly.

Needless to say, having to reinstall or patch the launcher after every reboot is a nuisance that shouldn't exist. But as of yet despite various experimentation I have not found a solution to the issue, only that workaround of forcing a repatch by deleting data.

Its not a stuck process if thats what you were implying, the launcher process flashes up in task manager for all of 2 seconds then vanishes entirely, same with the icon in the system tray.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited March 1, 2017
    For example, because the Launcher won't launch properly if you close the laptop lid. It comes up with something else and no matter how many times it's relaunched it won't start up properly.

Pretty much that. Also restarts can just make some things work when they didn't before, and it's easier to restart than it is to reinstall applications.
    On the contrary, restarting my PC seems to be the trigger. I don't restart it particularly often, once every few days, but whenever I do that is when the launcher stops booting correctly forcing a reinstall or a delete of the bin and patch folders, which then promps the exe to patch itself and then it will boot correctly.

Needless to say, having to reinstall or patch the launcher after every reboot is a nuisance that shouldn't exist. But as of yet despite various experimentation I have not found a solution to the issue, only that workaround of forcing a repatch by deleting data.

Its not a stuck process if thats what you were implying, the launcher process flashes up in task manager for all of 2 seconds then vanishes entirely, same with the icon in the system tray.

I wasn't actually implying a stuck process, but that is interesting. Might be wise to open up a support ticket/thread with specifics on that: that sounds kinda serious.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    I have had Nexon launcher installed since Riders of Icarus beta, but have been only launching Mainogi by the exe. I do not get the option to import my current install of Mabinogi over. My launcher is on my G drive, while my installation of Mabinogi on my F drive.
    You won't get the option to import. Select 'download' for mabinogi and then select the installation location Mabinogi is in. It should then just verify accordingly rather than redownload.

• Jag272Jag272
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Buffalos wrote: »

I wasn't actually implying a stuck process, but that is interesting. Might be wise to open up a support ticket/thread with specifics on that: that sounds kinda serious.
    Ye, I hadn't bothered previously because with mabinogi.exe being available there was no need, but it looks like now I might have to try and help get it fixed if I want to be able to access the game without going through that hassle. It only takes like 10-15 seconds to just delete the folders and have the launcher repatch itself, just would prefer it didnt break like that in the first place.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited March 1, 2017
    "It automatically keeps your game client up-to-date by updating in the background" if that thing make me lag on the middle of anything or forse me to keep the launcher open all time killing my memory i am totally going to uninstall this game >.>
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    I have had Nexon launcher installed since Riders of Icarus beta, but have been only launching Mainogi by the exe. I do not get the option to import my current install of Mabinogi over. My launcher is on my G drive, while my installation of Mabinogi on my F drive.
    You won't get the option to import. Select 'download' for mabinogi and then select the installation location Mabinogi is in. It should then just verify accordingly rather than redownload.

I've tried that, It's just creating a new sub folder in my primary install and re-downloading the whole thing
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2017
    Pannya wrote: »
    "It automatically keeps your game client up-to-date by updating in the background" if that thing make me lag on the middle of anything or forse me to keep the launcher open all time killing my memory i am totally going to uninstall this game >.>

Yeah...that's another thing that probably contributed to one of my ram sticks getting fried on my laptop during that server crash yesterday.

Still mad about that because they skipped a week.
    Helsa
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Ohh good god another company with a crappy launcher
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    ok a few questions about this. Aside from it running constantly in the background and munching precious clock cycles, what about family computers? I know of many siblings who have one family computer and both play mabi on their own accounts, would this "always logged in" thing actually prevent them from being able to log into one of them? I do hope you considered that prior to using your jump to conclusions mat, and please do not break steam.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    So how does this affect people using Steam?
    MagicCerealeikodenNegumikoHiroki05
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    This isn't going to affect Steam-users, is it?
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Better not screw up Steam, or I'm going to be extremely angry.
    Negumiko
  • SuriannaSurianna
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    What are you guys going to do about the players who still run XP instead of 7 or 10? The Launcher will not install on XP. The .exe is the only way to get onto Mabi if you're on XP.
    eikodenMagicCereal[Deleted User]KryoNasumiRayne
  • eikodeneikoden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    ^ What Surianna said. I am just going to say that I find this deeply upsetting. Is Nexon aware that they will likely lose a large portion of players? Especially those who have been playing since the beginning? What of the EU players who can't use the launcher? They can't use Steam, can they? How will they play? Sorry for being blunt about this and upset, but I find this completely and utterly UNACCEPTABLE.
    badnewsbarrettKryo
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 2, 2017
    Does this mean instability fixes?
  • Eureka12Eureka12
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Nexon use self destruct! It's super effective!
    SherrieikodenClefairyHiroki05Shadoe