Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Sutaru wrote: »
    Thanks! The reason I was asking is because I prefer to do things on my own most of the time, but I guess I might have to make an exception for this event. lol

I just ran Their Method in Tara on Hard, it can be solo'ed and I beat it with like ten minutes left on the clock still, pretty easy one.

Didn't get any of the event stuff from the chest though so womp, Idk if I'm gonna continue with the event or not.
    Sutaru
  • NurexeonNurexeon
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited March 1, 2017
    You can only get 5 chisels max per day correct? Like there's no way to get more?
    Nurexeon wrote: »
    You can only get 5 chisels max per day correct? Like there's no way to get more?

Yup. You get ten the first day, but after that it's five per day.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    My mouth and hands say no for every 36 minutes but my mind says Yes for every 36 minutes. Hmm.. for conscience sake...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Colored Star Pieces cannot be placed in the trade window or mailed.
  • IcedrakeIcedrake
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    Conflict spam on hard tends to net a roughly 75% or better rate of having event drops
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited March 1, 2017
    so, let me get this straight...
    only up to 5 coins or broken pieces a day, which require one to run hm shadow missions or higher?
    if so, then I'm glad I can easily solo scc or their method
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Ran 5 shadow missions with no star from end chest. Screw it, I'm not gonna bother.
    badnewsbarrettpennybrenda
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    If you guys are after the nimbus pet I highly advise just saving your coins and then using them towards the end of the event. That way you know which stars you need to get to complete the book. Then if you have any left over stars (and with this method you most definitely will) you can buy whatever else.
    MeyXiokun
  • NomNomNellaNomNomNella
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    I've only gotten 3 drops in roughly 18 runs..
    Do the drops scale with your level and difficulty choice, or just difficulty choice?
    I can just barely do adv scc alone at my current level :<
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited March 1, 2017
    Do the drops scale with your level and difficulty choice, or just difficulty choice?

You only get them in the reward chest at the end of the SM. Elite/Lord 100% drop, HM 60-75%? (based on my runs 3/5 - 3/4 chest drops). Not sure if it scales by cp, With my pattern, I would assume basic and adv SM are a waste of time.
    NomNomNella
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah... this event lost its appeal to me... -_-
    badnewsbarrettpennybrenda
  • NomNomNellaNomNomNella
    Mabinogi Rep: 725

ROan2011 wrote: »

You only get them in the reward chest at the end of the SM. Elite/Lord 100% drop, HM 60-75%? (based on my runs 3/5 - 3/4 chest drops). Not sure if it scales by cp, With my pattern, I would assume basic and adv SM are a waste of time.

Ah, what a shame.. Thanks for the info anyway!
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    If difficulty determines the chance of a prize, this is a poorly made event catering to the very strong who could competently do hardmode and elite difficulty missions. This means the weak will have little to no chance to get any of the featured rewards. When we participate in an event, we expect to be rewarded when we achieve the given goal. When we aren't given any reward for our efforts, we, the players, feel discouraged. The prize being given is only consistent to those who are very strong, and the weaker people are left out.
    No reward, no incentive, no playing.
    badnewsbarrettSutaruSkaidrojumiRudekaiserRosepivotalSherripennybrendaPeloiAlchemistjk
    edited March 1, 2017
    Honestly I wish they had done this event like with the cat marbles, where monsters of an equal or higher level drop them. The way this whole thing is set up is ridiculous -__-
    KryoSherripennybrenda
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Well, out of all 10 of my chisels I didn't get a star. This is going to be extremely difficult.
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited March 1, 2017
    Sutaru wrote: »
    Well, out of all 10 of my chisels I didn't get a star. This is going to be extremely difficult.

No point in relying on RNG, just collect 70 coins for the next 14 days (5 per day, 12 days if you do all 10 today) and just trade in for your stars.
    SutaruImaizumi
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    well I did defeat the crag cow on hard mode 12 times and got a broken star piece 10 times out of 12 so that is not very bad. getting a star from using the chisel is completely random but I got yellow star, green star and violet star. so it looks like everyone should have a fairly high chance of completing at least half the book from just random chisel drops.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Aeolys wrote: »
    If difficulty determines the chance of a prize, this is a poorly made event catering to the very strong who could competently do hardmode and elite difficulty missions. This means the weak will have little to no chance to get any of the featured rewards. When we participate in an event, we expect to be rewarded when we achieve the given goal. When we aren't given any reward for our efforts, we, the players, feel discouraged. The prize being given is only consistent to those who are very strong, and the weaker people are left out.
    No reward, no incentive, no playing.

That's a very good point I didn't consider, weaker and newer players don't stand much of a chance in this event. There only hope is to join in hard matches and stand back.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Meh, junk rewards... I will only do this for Milky Way Nimbus, other than that is meh. That suit is ok if you prefer suits over the dresses for females. Now i'm wondering if that suit has any idle animation. Probably not.