Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

LOWER THE REQUIREMENTS FOR KILLING PENNAR IN G19

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Help
kxedZ6L.png

as mostly pure mage character had i not had discord at r1 and an upgraded guitar... god damn how the hell is anyone supposed to win this
didnt even let me read what he said he spawned in and killed me as i was reading the cutscene

why does he have level 3 anti magic thats soo dumb for a forced fight make it level 2 or 1 or remove it

in a game where you can be anything there is no buusiness for a FORCED fight if you want to progress a questline to be immune to a certain type of damage in a SOLO dungeon

had i been able bring friends who could melee it where i oculdnt sure

at the very least if you're unwilling to do any of this

make Rag Dolls work in these instances

qfzSOzD.png

im now out 3 nao stones and 2 stacks of wound pots because an enemy had to be immune to a certain damage type and there was nothing i oculd do about it

Comments

• RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    splat, I'd hate to say it but if a mission isn't giving significant trouble to the majority of the player base, they're not going to change it just because one person (you) couldn't do it. the only person that can help you here is yourself.

so if you can't do this mission - there's no way you'd be able to do Realisation later on in g19. improve your skills, raise your stats by going into other talents, increase your pool of skills you can use and finish up any other generation quests you have left before coming back to it later.

g19 was designed with more experienced players in mind, justifying the difficulty.
    GretaMediaKleptoSylviaWolfeDaktaroNilremCarlizeAlexisEU
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    edited March 1, 2017
    Ringabel wrote: »
    splat, I'd hate to say it but if a mission isn't giving significant trouble to the majority of the player base, they're not going to change it just because one person (you) couldn't do it. the only person that can help you here is yourself.

so if you can't do this mission - there's no way you'd be able to do Realisation later on in g19. improve your skills, raise your stats by going into other talents, increase your pool of skills you can use and finish up any other generation quests you have left before coming back to it later.

g19 was designed with more experienced players in mind, justifying the difficulty.

seems like it was more designed for people who speced into melee

not magic

wouldnt matter how much damage i could get my magic to do it would always be a 1 against this enemy
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    edited March 1, 2017
    close combat is a staple, though.

if you haven't touched on it yet, then you probably should already.
    the more versatile you are as a player, the better you'll be able to combat mobs that resist certain types of damage. you can't go through the entire game with just a single skill set because there will be mobs that can counter it.

besides, as a human mage/warrior I only had some trouble at Realization, and that's really it.
    improve your own skills first before attempting the mission again, because complaining on forums won't do anything for you.

if it helps ( and you have the skill ) use crisis escape when he activates final hit. or use the skills listed in the screenshot you posted.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated

the more versatile you are as a player, the better you'll be able to combat mobs that resist certain types of damage. you can't go through the entire game with just a single skill set because there will be mobs that can counter it.

besides, as a human mage/warrior I only had some trouble at Realization, and that's really it.
    improve your own skills first before attempting the mission again, because complaining on forums won't do anything for you.

if it helps ( and you have the skill ) use crisis escape when he activates final hit. or use the skills listed in the screenshot you posted.

i dont have any of them
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 1, 2017

i dont have any of them

Try learning some of them.
    They'll help you clear it.

What about Light Armor Mastery and Shield Mastery.
    Getting those to rank 1 will at least help you die less easily.
    And they're really cheap on AP and easy to train.

Or have a strong pet attack him while you use healing on the pet to keep it alive.

Also rag dolls DO work on this fight.
    You just have to land some hits on Pennar, which might be hard if you get killed easily by him.

You should also be able to beat Pennar by spamming windmill at him.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Oh, pretty sure the Golem bug was never fixed either. I haven't fought him since then.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Iyasenu wrote: »

i dont have any of them

Try learning some of them.
    They'll help you clear it.

What about Light Armor Mastery and Shield Mastery.
    Getting those to rank 1 will at least help you die less easily.
    And they're really cheap on AP and easy to train.

Or have a strong pet attack him while you use healing on the pet to keep it alive.

Also rag dolls DO work on this fight.
    You just have to land some hits on Pennar, which might be hard if you get killed easily by him.

You should also be able to beat Pennar by spamming windmill at him.

i mean i killed the panther by spamming lighting bolt with rag doll equipped and got like 8+ of them summoned things for me doing injury

didnt matter how much i got hit or hit the guy no rag dolls ever summoned
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 1, 2017
    Someone is still using Rag dolls? Lol. Also you don't need to follow exactly what wiki says, there's no such thing as requirement on how defeat Pennar, you can find new other ways to defeat him. You also should try to get skills you still don't have and rank them up too. If you didn't complete previous Generations i HIGHLY suggest you doing them first.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I'm going to move this thread to the help section. There's a lot of good advice here.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Oh, pretty sure the Golem bug was never fixed either. I haven't fought him since then.
    ?? Golem bug?

Speaking of golem.....that's actually what I used to kill for me most of G19 and 20. Especially G20 final where all 3 plus that stationary boss. OMG....I literally ran forever til the golem poked all 3 to death.

On a side note.....not all the generations need to be done immediately. Each week the character grows stronger, so try back later when you can and smother it with your awesome power chosen one. Many players get stuck on the generations. I remember when people couldn't pass G1-G3. Then they got stuck at the 4 snakes in G12.
    SylviaWolfe
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Pennar was fairly difficult for me because at the time I fought him, my close combat skills were not great. I ended up beating him by using my demigod skills, which were all at rank 1. It took a little more time but it worked. If you have a hard time fighting him, demigod skills work great, so my advice would be to finish G10 and rank up your demigod skills.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    ?? Golem bug?

Speaking of golem.....that's actually what I used to kill for me most of G19 and 20. Especially G20 final where all 3 plus that stationary boss. OMG....I literally ran forever til the golem poked all 3 to death.

On a side note.....not all the generations need to be done immediately. Each week the character grows stronger, so try back later when you can and smother it with your awesome power chosen one. Many players get stuck on the generations. I remember when people couldn't pass G1-G3. Then they got stuck at the 4 snakes in G12.

Oh yeah, it was a huge problem with the coding somewhere. So it went:
    1) Kill Pennar with Golem
    2)Pennar dies, but never despawns
    3) Pennar doesn't despawn, so he can't respawn into an NPC to chat with.

I haven't had time to hop on my elf Alchemist to test it out lately, but I'm pretty sure that was left as a "We can't fix this" kind of deal.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Ah, sometimes the formors don't despawn so that's an automatic fail...much like the formors disappear during SM runs....it's annoying but try one more time ....in a lesser channel perhaps. Hopefully you can finish it. Harsh to do it over again when you did so much just to finish it finally.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The G19-20 storyline comes with a fanboy gushing over how strong you are and how amazing all your heroic deeds are. You are expected to be a multi-class end game character at that point. Switching skillsets at the drop of a hat should be no big deal for the demigod hero of Erinn.

I mainly use magic, but I still keep melee and ranged weapons on me to deal with different passives. Every player should have a backup for these situations.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    I have clear both G19 and G20 with just archery and melee (melee elf, which is not great or even helpful)
    just spam mirage-normal ranged while mounted

Note:
    my equip is poor with just 2 Long bows and thousands of arrows
    my damage is can be laughed at
    took me 2 hours for final G20 mission
    SylviaWolfe
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    if you are at g19 you should be fairly skilled in at least 3 to 5 talents. mage is a decent talent but it did not do much good in g19. even a player that likes using distance skills should know how to fight well with at least one close range talent by g19. Decisive Battle was much more difficult.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You're having trouble with Pennar, PENNAR? He is not even the most difficult boss of that specific Generation! (Which is two Girgashiys, which when I did it do deserve a nerf.)
    Greta
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I meannnn I'm a mediocre elf who went in a while ago with meh archery (BDK bow, nothing special), melee and bard skills and a crummy internet connection. If I could clear it, I've got to believe basically anyone can. I get that this game is unique in that you can specialize in what you want, but there's almost always been things that require certain skills to complete/ complete most efficiently. I interpret that as being incentive to try out some new skills and become a more well-rounded character.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Oh hey, I remember when I did that mission.

I was a pure mage too, and I recall exactly how I got around that magic block.

I turned on mana shield, picked up my staff, held down the CTRL key...
    ...and whacked him with my staff until I won.
    Magic weapon mastery does more than boost magic attack.
    Yokkaichi
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    You're a mage but you wanted those Divine Knight skills and you don't even melee? Ha. Meteor Strike works.
    SylviaWolfe