Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So what is the best set up for gunslinger?

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited March 7, 2017 in Help
At long last I started training this talent.

Mostly because I also want to obliterate dungeon rooms and make others feel useless. Heh heh...

But I am running into some problems. I don't really have a good technique or setup. Which skills are useless? Which skills should I integrate with others? I know shooting rush and bullet storm are the room clearing staples, but if those fail I get clobbered. I get clobbered a lot actually while doing guns, hrmmmmm. Thank god I have 40 protection and mana shield damage reduction 20 with rank 6 mana shield. O_o;;;

Advice guys? ^_^;;;
SylviaWolfe

Comments

• JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Lf> repost if my flowchart from like 2 or 3 years ago. Not at home or I'd post.

First off, can you list your stats and current gear? That plays a very huge issue in how well gunner works. Even then I don't like using it in some situations.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Stats with my guns...are pretty pitiful. I am obviously still working on everything. O_o;

B4RT4ae.jpg
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I use guns and merlin knuckles. Pew pew pew the monsters if they're far away and pa pa pop the monsters with knuckles if they get close. Spew out fireballs and shooting rushes to make stuff crazy. :-)
    SylviaWolfe
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 7, 2017
    I think whats hampering me is switching from guns to swords quick enough. Swords have always been my staple and I can solo just fine with them alongside with some magic, but the process is slow compared to other people's styles and techniques. I am too old school. :(
    SylviaWolfe
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Honestly, skill ranks are a huge priority. The skills will nearly double in damage just by ranking them.

After that ideal gear is max damage enchants in everything + attack speed set. It should be fairly useable for you if you max out the skills to r1. Granted don't expect to one shot shooting rush lots of things. I hardly use gunner in dungeons anymore due the the new HP pool of the mobs.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Honestly, skill ranks are a huge priority. The skills will nearly double in damage just by ranking them.

After that ideal gear is max damage enchants in everything + attack speed set. It should be fairly useable for you if you max out the skills to r1. Granted don't expect to one shot shooting rush lots of things. I hardly use gunner in dungeons anymore due the the new HP pool of the mobs.

Well those guns were recently given to me and I wanted to make them useful. While gunner seems easy and fast to train, I am finding it a bit awkward in the dungeons. As I said I took upon gunner because I am a old school dual swords close combat player and just wanted to be more efficient in the dungeons with other players.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Dont take my word as gospel of anything, but I just don't like guns that much for new hard mode dungeons. While the damage is good and all other forms of combat outshine with how high the HP pool of them became. I find guns best suited for shadow missions and easy dungeons. Things like SS elite I drop them in favor of puppets.

Yes gunner is good, but you may have a slight misguided idea about how good it can be. As for getting better with the skills our stats should be able to carry you pretty far when you finish the skills. Next step is step 6'ing a dowra/Taunes. I'd go dowra for maininb and Taunes for just SR spam. Granted got easy things dowra end up a bit nicer because of the basics. Anyway, I have to take my internet leave now, hopefully others elaborate more.