Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you like to challenge yourself on Mabinogi?

XiokunXiokun
Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
in General Chat
Do you do any special challenges or conditions on yourself to make things harder or more interesting in SM's, Dungeons, and etc?

For myself, I've been challenging myself to do runs of SM's without armor, using skill sets I'm not used to, limiting myself to basic melee skills, fighting in only Transformation Mastery with a dream catcher, not using any healing methods (the best I can), and using totally clean equips with no sort of boosters and not using titles. What do you do? :)
Juunansei
  1. Do you challenge yourself?34 votes
    1. Yeah, I like to get creative.
       32% (11 votes)
    2. No, Never thought about it.
       18% (6 votes)
    3. This game is enough of a challenge for me as it is.
       32% (11 votes)
    4. I could play this game with my eyes closed and bare handed without breaking a fingernail! >:D
       18% (6 votes)

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The couple of times that I really wanted to challenge myself, I mastered Engineering and Magic Craft. XD
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If running stuff with clean equips is a challenge, then yep I challenge myself a lot.

Me, I call it "I'm too lazy to enchant/reforge/upgrade".
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I just go around fighting with tools such as a fishing rod or gatheringknife.. or pillows if I feel like it if that counts.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    don't like

i became so lazy on mabi. run everything with step 6 gears. it got to the point where i can hardly bring myself to train skills anymore unless there's a 2x event going on. don't even think about doing anything challenging lol.
    making myself spam conflict sometimes for event but when i did it i waited for someone else to make a party first becuz couldn't be bothered to run back and forth from the mission board as party lead. oh ho...
    the people who do that are MVP
  • FilthyRedDevilFilthyRedDevil
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Not anything at the moment, I'm just gonna collect gold until I hit a satisfying amount but I'm planning on doing the Golden Egg Training wihout the use of pets 030
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I challenge myself to walk through Belvast and not impulse buy everything shiny. I fail most of the time.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    My current challenge or goal is to beat both Alban Heroic and Rabbie Phantasm while under level 10k.

I've been ttl 9999 for a year now, and I've finished Alban heroic so far.
  • Crisis1Crisis1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    I challenge myself by running offering sm with the legendary horse
    BuffalosDaktaro
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I challenge myself by being me xD
    Crisis1Blissfulkill
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited March 7, 2017
    Me and @Neyna Challenge ourselves with Damage testing and clobber :^)

And how many phantasm mobs I can 1 hit with 420 skill
    Neyna
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    *Attempts to do Rabbie Phantasm solo*
    *fails 2000000000000000 times*
    *cries*
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 7, 2017
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    *Attempts to do Rabbie Phantasm solo*
    *fails 2000000000000000 times*
    *cries*

*Attempted to finish both Rabbie Phantasm quests with full party many times*
    *failed all of them, wasted like 6 passes*
    *cries because i can't even finish them and i'm really annoyed by these glowing quests in Rabbie Lobby*
    *feeling really desperate and i'm around 8.2k ttl already*

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Something I got into doing is refining my fighting tactics using my basic generic set up. So far I can confidently say that in party play I can manage to do phantasm in a party with it, though it keeps me occupied with finding new ways to integrate more skills into my already overloaded hotkeys tab. At this point my generic set up runs on 4 combat talents and I'm still refining what I can add and use in different situations. For those looking to do phantasm solo or even in party, its recommended to follow a set of rules laid out. My basic set of rules are as follows: Ready Divine link before hitting the orb, if that is not an option, mount a pet (prevents the roar from locking it). Clear the Wraiths ASAP, then followed by Magic Succubus. Avoid clustering with pets and party mates, Ice spear and thunder can potentially wipe out the entire party in 1 strike. There other rules but many higher leveled players have a special set they made and follow themselves.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited March 8, 2017
    Training stupidly tedious skills/skillsets for a second time.
    -Gotten windmill to r1 3 times(On tarlach, ruairi and alexina)
    -Mastered Ninja twice(tarlach/ruairi)
    -Gotten Hydra master title twice(tarlach/ruairi)
    -Working on getting Vates hidden talent for a second time.(Very close all I need to do is get r1 raincast which is at r2. AP pls) (tarlach/ruairi)

Also playing this game with a laptop trackpad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not impressive but w/e.
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    edited March 9, 2017
    Attempting to enchant my gear, but it fails every time (RIP all my gold).
    Currently on my 19th failure in a row *insert happiness here*

EDIT: Currently on my 22nd failure in a row.
    Will Astral ever be able to enchant a piece of gear again? The world may never know.
  • KomaruKomaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Trying to get every single piece of clothing in this game.

It's like pokemon, where I just shove them into a little storage unit and maybe once in a while take them out to air.

Oh, and max all skills, but that'll happen soon enough... <3
  • darkchaos125darkchaos125
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    edited March 13, 2017
    i challenged myself by using nonupgraded weapons, back then I'd use a wing bow. Also I sometimes don't wear clothes/armor for damage mitigation. I completely forgot that i can actually upg clothes for def/prot....

dying is annoying and i died too many times to count as a beginner so i just use mana shield.
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    I challenge myself by being me xD

you are brave. I give you medal of honor. I have this feeling that you make tara banquets more interesting mayhaps