Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Guild Banning System Possibly?

SamuelalexSamuelalex
Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
edited March 10, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
So thinking on the subject of blacklisting I thought of something that might be helpful in guilds. My idea is to have a blacklist/ban user function for members (including alts that share same account) to prevent them from joining guild they have essentially been kicked out of for misconduct/violation of rules. Such as if someone is excessively rude and after warning continued to be then leader can decide to kick/ban the person which would prevent them from reapplying to the guild under their current name or any alts they may have under the same account.

This may sound a bit extreme, but I think it would be helpful to protect guilds from dealing with known troublemakers.

How this would work: If the offending player is in game Guild leader or Guild officer can right click person and say something like "ban from guild" which would automatically reject any application they try to put in for the guild under current character or alts under same account. Another option could be from guild management controls where you view members and setup like welcome message and such well another tab could be added for guild leader and officer only to type in a name and add that person to the guild banned list. If the officer does it a message would go to the leader to confirm before it is implemented just to be sure they want the person banned.

I'm not sure if viewing of the banned list should be available to all or not, but this should be a tab setup in similar manner to the regular member listing to show who can not join the guild (that way they won't be mistakenly invited either). When guild leader or officer views the list they have the option to remove ban from a player if they want to as well which would delete them from the list and allow them to apply to guild if they want to.

Basic explanation: If one character is added to the banned list it affects all characters that share the same account (login ID) so that an Alt can not be used to reapply for the guild.

The main reason I bring this up is because of Alt accounts the troublemaker could try to join guild under a different character to further cause problems which this would help prevent ^^

It would also be helpful to add in a minimum level requirement that a player must meet before they can apply for the guild. The minimum level required to join would be selected by the guild leader and can be changed as needed from the guild options menu. ((Suggested by Blissfulkill))

IGN; Samuelalex
Server: Mari
KagaLittlerabbit

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 8, 2017
    basically,the Suggestion, is to make this also affects other alts on the same ID (basically they are the same person, right?)
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    edited March 8, 2017
    Yep basically ban all characters that share the same account ID. Sorry I misread.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hmm, perhaps a settable level requirement might be viable?
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex

Can you explain a bit more? Would you want to have an option to select a level for which the ban applies?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Samuelalex wrote: »

Can you explain a bit more? Would you want to have an option to select a level for which the ban applies?

I was talking about admittance overall. While some guild welcome newbies,most tend to have a set requirement that shows dedication to the game so that they can counted as more than filler. This might be helpful in weeding out said alts as with a high enough level requirement.

Not to take away from your idea.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Samuelalex wrote: »

I was talking about admittance overall. While some guild welcome newbies,most tend to have a set requirement that shows dedication to the game so that they can counted as more than filler. This might be helpful in weeding out said alts as with a high enough level requirement.

Not to take away from your idea.

Thank you for the clarification ^^ I'll add it to the suggestion above crediting you. I totally agree with you that having a level requirement would be helpful.

• SelzyrSelzyr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    I do agree the guild system could have a re-work, not only to implement features like this but to expand it, for example, only having two possible "ranks" appart from the Guild Master rank is silly, Officer and Members? why can't we have more ranks or create ranks accordingly to what we want/need?
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    If you talking about seeting a level as in total level. I think thats wrong, Every person has a right to play the game whether its 1k or 23k The idea of banning a account from a guild is good banning players if they arn t a high enough level is wrong. New players need the help to play the game