Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What is the deal with Nao?

MizuxieMizuxie
Mabinogi Rep: 610
in Town Square
So... I'm new. I died in the field... I asked Nao for help, and she just revived me and poofed away.

You would think asking for help means 'come use your goddess power to finish this beast after you revive me'
It really only means minimal help.

Also, she doesnt talk to me. She doesn't say 'maybe you should try fighting something weaker...' She just stares as I repeatedly die again and again...

I find it hilarious.
SylviaWolfe

Comments

• AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    She doesn't really seem to be a powerful sort of goddess, pretty much just the custodian of the soul stream.

And even if she is powerful, she doesn't seem to be allowed to interfere with anything outside of the soulstream, for the most part.
    Mizuxie
  • MizuxieMizuxie
    That sounds really sad... I wouldn't want to be Nao.
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Mizuxie wrote: »
    That sounds really sad... I wouldn't want to be Nao.

That is like the least sad part of being Nao... or I guess the saddest part of being her when you consider what other characters do later on. Also I've never thought about it but she always seems really happy to see you when you show up... maybe I should spend some time with her next time I rb instead of rushing through it.
  • MizuxieMizuxie
    Oh? There is a story? I hope it doesn't get too sad for nao, or I will regret the post...
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    edited March 12, 2017
    She was a character from G1.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    in her heart she regrets working for nexon, the true god in mabinogi.
    SylviaWolfe
  • MizuxieMizuxie
    thats deep...
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    edited March 12, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    She was a character from G1. She was actually one of the three missing heroes in her last life.
    <font color="#8F00FF"/>Spoilers. :(
    MizuxieMey
  • MizuxieMizuxie
    Yeah... good thing I'm not too invested in the story part. If I were about 3 years younger I would have been devastated lol.
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    <font color="#8F00FF"/>I loved the earlier generations, the stories, the RP missions, the BGMs. They were so good. Ah, nostalgia.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited March 13, 2017
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rkXck4w.jpg
    Aeolys
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Nao is not really combative and its shown she can't really interact with Erinn beyond moments at a time. The reason why she can help you is because she is the custodian of the soul stream to which your own soul is connected to, so while she can offer assistance through resurrection, she can neither interact or combat anything in the world. (She's also barred from helping you while you're in other worlds, i.e. TNN and Rabbie Phantasm)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nao is just overrated because of her bust size.
    SylviaWolfe
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Sai wrote: »
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rkXck4w.jpg

Nao: Do you want to buy a Nao stone? it cost real money and all of it goes to keeping this world alive.

If you want to spend Nao stones press here otherwise press this button to summon someone else like Miku Hatsune.

And this button will bring you back to the nearest town where I dump you and hope someone finds a way to save you.
    Aeolys
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    If you use the keyword "Bow" on Nao, she will tell you that she will never use a bow ever again.