Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Possible Extension to Winter Attendance?

Comments

• KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    i only just wanted the patisserie outfit if it had a cute idle animation,, but if it doesnt id be ok?? but if it does ill cry because like.... people are gonna sell the set/pieces for way too much and i cant control myself fff
    but i got the third tendering potion so like. im really behind bwahh
    badnewsbarrett
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited March 12, 2017
    Due to the log in issues yesterday and the un-documented change to the time (apparently america's DST happened, I'm in england where it hasn't. Logged in at my usual 2pm to find reset had already happened (when it usually happens at 3pm)) i think i may have reached my buffer already, if not, already gone over it.
    3 days just isn't enough, especially since server issues can easily eat up one or two days for a lot of people. 5 days is plenty. a week is generous. but 3 is unfair on the standard player, I see no reason as to why the buffer has been reduced.

Missing my buffer may be largely my fault, but I still think a 3 day leeway isn't fair on most players, and should be a bit more.
    badnewsbarrettSylviaWolfeAlexisEURaincloud95SherriNekoLilyAichann
  • KiirionKiirion
    i havnt heard of the servers eating days up?? is it really common or is it for just for people in bad areas? :?
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I think only a 3 day wiggle room is not fair at all. This has never been done before. Personally I missed 1st day because I didn't realize there was an event, 2nd day because I was studying for an ochem test, and 3rd day because I forgot to take a medicine and it made me pass out at 4pm and wake up the following day. Come on man some people are busy or sick or can't always get to a computer. Maybe if it was summer time I would understand. But this is bad. Have heart.
  • FavrielFavriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Kiirion wrote: »
    i only just wanted the patisserie outfit if it had a cute idle animation,, but if it doesnt id be ok?? but if it does ill cry because like.... people are gonna sell the set/pieces for way too much and i cant control myself fff
    It has a really cute idle animation whisking something in a bowl it's really cute LOL

• KiirionKiirion
    Favriel wrote: »
    It has a really cute idle animation whisking something in a bowl it's really cute LOL

well aint that peachy :// i bet it be super cute if dyed the right way
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I think only a 3 day wiggle room is not fair at all. This has never been done before. Personally I missed 1st day because I didn't realize there was an event, 2nd day because I was studying for an ochem test, and 3rd day because I forgot to take a medicine and it made me pass out at 4pm and wake up the following day. Come on man some people are busy or sick or can't always get to a computer. Maybe if it was summer time I would understand. But this is bad. Have heart.

I feel as though events I've been seeing as late, (most from last year and some from this year), have been really... odd.

* The change from 10-5 day attendance buffer to a harsh 3.
    * The lack of description / explaintions in events and event items that create false hype and false hope.
    (For example, remember the rage in that attendance event that gave those special hairstyle coupons that everyone was so excited about just to be let down about how they looked? Some liked them but, judging on a 3 page rant about how they felt I don't think the feeling was mutal all around. :S)
    * The Carasek Bag not being a guaranteed coupon price in the Caravan Joe event when it was very clearly the highlight in many people's eyes.
    (And no I won't really except the *well people bought those bags for real money, of course it had to be gear-grinding and RNG based* thing because if that was the case, why did they do it with a nimbus? They sold those things for like, 11k NX. And heck, they gave Tuans for free just for pressing a button.)
    * I don't even have to explain the wishbone event. :l

And just all together just... not very good planning, as though the events are being planned from a view very distant from ours. I'm not one to go bash on Nexon because blaming the entire company for one event seems unfair to everyone who had nothing to do with it. It's not right to bash the community managers, Mabinogi KR, or anyone for that matter.

Though all I ask, to the person who decided to put all of these events down on paper and sent to us, is to really think about some of these events from our point of view as a typical player. (Someone who plays this game often but often enough to play comfortably and casually without interrupting much of their daily lives.) Or, just listen to the forums for some ideas, and some pointers of what we love and what we hate in events. Trust me. We can be civil about it too. :^)

And one last thing. Maybe a sign our pleas, complaints, and rants aren't going unheard of. There's so many ideas, complaints, suggestions, and some approval on events that I feel should be heard. Sometimes it makes me sad to read all the good opinions people have and have no real result of any of it. :<

badnewsbarrettRaincloud95
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    I am almost positive I am off by 1 day for completing the whole thing ;-;
  • KawaiiEveeKawaiiEvee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I feel as though events I've been seeing as late, (most from last year and some from this year), have been really... odd.

* The lack of description / explaintions in events and event items that create false hype and false hope.
    (For example, remember the rage in that attendance event that gave those special hairstyle coupons that everyone was so excited about just to be let down about how they looked? Some liked them but, judging on a 3 page rant about how they felt I don't think the feeling was mutal all around. :S)
    * The Carasek Bag not being a guaranteed coupon price in the Caravan Joe event when it was very clearly the highlight in many people's eyes.
    (And no I won't really except the *well people bought those bags for real money, of course it had to be gear-grinding and RNG based* thing because if that was the case, why did they do it with a nimbus? They sold those things for like, 11k NX. And heck, they gave Tuans for free just for pressing a button.)

And just all together just... not very good planning, as though the events are being planned from a view very distant from ours. I'm not one to go bash on Nexon because blaming the entire company for one event seems unfair to everyone who had nothing to do with it. It's not right to bash the community managers, Mabinogi KR, or anyone for that matter.

Though all I ask, to the person who decided to put all of these events down on paper and sent to us, is to really think about some of these events from our point of view as a typical player. (Someone who plays this game often but often enough to play comfortably and casually without interrupting much of their daily lives.) Or, just listen to the forums for some ideas, and some pointers of what we love and what we hate in events. Trust me. We can be civil about it too. :^)

And one last thing. Maybe a sign our pleas, complaints, and rants aren't going unheard of. There's so many ideas, complaints, suggestions, and some approval on events that I feel should be heard. Sometimes it makes me sad to read all the good opinions people have and have no real result of any of it. :<

Oh and don't forget we had pretty much NO Christmas event or Valentines event. Completely skipped over. A log in event for free things just isn't enough, and Valentines didn't really get anything except that gacha flashy thing.

I'm just one whose missed 4 days now, 2 cause I've been the only one who has been having to care for my niece so I gave her all of my attention. Other 2 were cause honestly I left up my kiosk and my computer for days and forgot to relog.... c:
  • KiirionKiirion
    exactly?? like i have a bad memory and was on hiatus for a few years but im pretty sure there /were/ good events? i personally like the candy island event but that was bc i just came back. like i love attendance events, gives me a reason to be on, but as soon as i miss several days due to the launcher not working [ i went to live support and they werent very helpful -v- ] it kind of ruins the experience?? especially when i missed the first day bc im dumb and another day bc i was sick and could barely move?? and three days due to the launcher not working.... it kind of doesnt...... feel fun? because the items i want i wont be able to get due to technical issues and other dumb stuff. and i know people will sell the outfit for way too much bc thats how mabinogi is now :c
    badnewsbarrett
  • GiegueGiegue
    edited March 13, 2017
    i havnt heard of the servers eating days up?? is it really common or is it for just for people in bad areas? :?

Server issues meaning: Two days ago the log-in servers went down meaning for a couple of hours no one could log on. For a lot of people, that was their only window to get online for that day. Theres no bug that eats your days dont worry.

I really do think we deserve an extention for that log in issue at the very least. 3 days is disgustingly short for a 30 day attendance event.

• KiirionKiirion
    Giegue wrote: »

Server issues meaning: Two days ago the log-in servers went down meaning for a couple of hours no one could log on. For a lot of people, that was their only window to get online for that day. Theres no bug that eats your days dont worry.

I really do think we deserve an extention for that log in issue at the very least. 3 days is disgustingly short for a 30 day attendance event.

ahh.. that would make sense :o and totally why would there be server issues where people cant log in and then not have.. any kind of extension?? unless the coding/formatting/whatever the hell games are is really complicated? ; v ;
  • GiegueGiegue

ahh.. that would make sense :o and totally why would there be server issues where people cant log in and then not have.. any kind of extension?? unless the coding/formatting/whatever the hell games are is really complicated? ; v ;

Event extensions have happened repeatedly in the past so it's not unrealistic to ask for them now, if i recall correctly the event has to be manually turned off. (which is why events tend to end during maintenance)
  • Crossx2Crossx2
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    I'm doing okay myself but I have a few friends who could definitely use it. They've been busy with work and stuff.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    I would love an extension, most days working and doing daily routines doesn't include remembering to log in all the time :/
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    As of today, I got my 1 Day Skill 2x potion. I don't know if I am caught up with the attendance or not?
    Due to the log in issues yesterday and the un-documented change to the time (apparently america's DST happened, I'm in england where it hasn't. Logged in at my usual 2pm to find reset had already happened (when it usually happens at 3pm)) i think i may have reached my buffer already, if not, already gone over it.
    3 days just isn't enough, especially since server issues can easily eat up one or two days for a lot of people. 5 days is plenty. a week is generous. but 3 is unfair on the standard player, I see no reason as to why the buffer has been reduced.

Missing my buffer may be largely my fault, but I still think a 3 day leeway isn't fair on most players, and should be a bit more.

You lucky.. I always wanted to visit England! OwO
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I wonder if they'll possibly address this during the live stream tonight...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sherri wrote: »
    As of today, I got my 1 Day Skill 2x potion. I don't know if I am caught up with the attendance or not?

You lucky.. I always wanted to visit England! OwO
    @Sherri You are.
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    Xiokun wrote: »

I think the American players are a joke to them. They probably feel we should be grateful we get to play the game at all, and they don't care what we think about anything. I mean I am grateful we get to play the game. But still...
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I think the Patisserie Outfits were actually part of Valentine's gacha in Korea, so the fact that we're getting it via an Attendance Event might make it easier on us. =T