Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So, Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild is here!

RocisRocis
Mabinogi Rep: 985
edited March 3, 2017 in Town Square
It's official, the Nintendo switch is here and so is Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild. Who bought the Nintendo switch as well as the game? I'm planning on buying the switch soon. (I just need a job that can pay ; _ ;) Anyways, don't spoil the game thx <3
  1. What do you think about the Switch?17 votes
    1. Yes Yes Yes, and oh YES!!!!!
       71% (12 votes)
    2. no rocis, why are you still here go find a job :(
       29% (5 votes)

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    edited March 3, 2017
    A meteorite hits Link and the impact kills everyone else. The end.

I don't plan on getting the switch since I bought the new 3ds a couple months after it came out and I don't want to buy another system just for a few switch exclusives. Seeing Voez on switch almost made me reconsider though.
    Kryo
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited March 4, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

I don't plan on getting the switch since I bought the new 3ds a couple months after it came out and I don't want to buy another system just for a few switch exclusives. Seeing Voez on switch almost made me reconsider though.

If you look there's going to be way more then a few...

BTW bought the Switch yesterday, and got zelda good game. I could have bought it on the Wii U, but as I wanted a switch anyways I figured might as well buy it there so I can take it with me instead of being tied down to 1 room.

I'll say it is not your typical zelda, and the combat sorta reminds me more of skyrim, and the infatuation with high places you have to climb reminds me of Assassins Creed games.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    How did it taste?
    lidiya wrote: »

I remember this thing called the "Wii U".
    SylviaWolfe
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    i could buy it

but i want a new pc

and by the timei can afford that im sure i could just emulate a wii u
  • lidiyalidiya
    edited March 6, 2017
    TNinja wrote: »
    How did it taste?

I remember this thing called the "Wii U".

What about the Wii U?
    If you want to talk library for a home console I own more Wii U games (over 18 physical, and a few digital) then on any other home console since the Atari 2600. There were also some I didn't get that I wanted as when they came out I was broke.
    I will be honest Nintendo did drop the ball on the advertising of the Wii U as I met people not that long ago that love video games that never heard of it... If I was a marketing professor in college I would use Nintendo's marketing of the Wii U as the poster child for how not to market a system(kinda like how Nintendo didn't market it at least in the US ;))

You also realize that if the switch don't sell companies won't make games for it right?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    How did it taste?

I'm not going to lie, the first thing I did when I opened my BOTW box was lick the cartridge. It wasn't something that'd make me drop on the floor in pain, but it was certainly bitter enough to make me want to get the thing off of my tongue. It's amazing what an efficient bitterant they choose for this.

Last I checked, the progress towards a Wii U emulator was sub-par. They had models rendering, but engines were very buggy. But that was like a year ago, so maybe it's better now?
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Buffalos wrote: »
    How did it taste?

I'm not going to lie, the first thing I did when I opened my BOTW box was lick the cartridge. It wasn't something that'd make me drop on the floor in pain, but it was certainly bitter enough to make me want to get the thing off of my tongue. It's amazing what an efficient bitterant they choose for this.

Last I checked, the progress towards a Wii U emulator was sub-par. They had models rendering, but engines were very buggy. But that was like a year ago, so maybe it's better now?

gonna be a year or more before i can afford new pc and it has improved since then friend speculates it will be emulatable by august
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I've yet to invest in a switch for several reasons (the price tag is a lil hefty for me rn, I'll probably wait until the console becomes outdated and cheap, I'd need a bit more in the way of games to justify purchasing) but from what I've seen in reviews and gameplay of BoTW it looks promising and like a really enjoyable game!
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I am also interested in getting a Switch but what other games are there at the moment? Do you think it might be better to wait and see what else comes out?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited March 9, 2017
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I am also interested in getting a Switch but what other games are there at the moment? Do you think it might be better to wait and see what else comes out?

I Am Setsune, which plays a lot like Chrono Trigger is out right now. Snipper Clips is a fun little puzzle thing. Can't think of anything notable aside those two, so if you're on the fence even with Zelda considered you should probably wait.
  • lidiyalidiya
    I Am Setsune, which plays a lot like Chrono Trigger is out right now. Snipper Clips is a fun little puzzle thing. Can't think of anything notable aside those two, so if you're on the fence even with Zelda considered you should probably wait.

Forgot bomberman, Disgea 5 (can be downloaded from japan in english... US release in a month or 2 dunno why it wasn't a day one game along with 5 others that are on the japan e-shop in full english), Blastermaster zero (remake of the old NES game) are what I find noteable right now.

MK8, splatoon2, Mario odyssey and a few other big games coming in the next few months.
    gonna be a year or more before i can afford new pc and it has improved since then friend speculates it will be emulatable by august

Yea if you want to go by a gaming forum I frequent the people there have been saying 3-4 months for a properly working emulator for the past 4 years lol
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Forgot bomberman, Disgea 5 (can be downloaded from japan in english... US release in a month or 2 dunno why it wasn't a day one game along with 5 others that are on the japan e-shop in full english), Blastermaster zero (remake of the old NES game) are what I find noteable right now.

MK8, splatoon2, Mario odyssey and a few other big games coming in the next few months.

Oh I forgot those other launch titles. But still, if the launch line up doesn't interest you, you should wait for something you really want because console supply is pretty much 0 right now.
    Yea if you want to go by a gaming forum I frequent the people there have been saying 3-4 months for a properly working emulator for the past 4 years lol

That's with every emulator though. Over optimistic estimations are the norm.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Zelda is the main Switch point for me but Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart do look pretty interesting. Any news of a Mario Party yet?

Atelier Firis does come out in a little bit so I think I might be on the Playstation for a little while haha.

• lidiyalidiya

That's with every emulator though. Over optimistic estimations are the norm.

Ohh I know that I was just saying that to show how silly of a reason it is to wait.
    Hell I'm still waiting for a functional Dreamcast emulator ;)
  • SelzyrSelzyr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Im going to wait for a few more games, then Ill see if is worth it or not.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    I played this game so much and beat the main story in about a week. Pretty intense stuff, but I still got a lot of side quests to do. This game is definitely worth all the 10/10's it got, y'all should get this game if you have the systems for it.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Zerukan wrote: »
    I played this game so much and beat the main story in about a week. Pretty intense stuff, but I still got a lot of side quests to do. This game is definitely worth all the 10/10's it got, y'all should get this game if you have the systems for it.

I've put like 30-40 hours in, and only beat 2 of the beasts

Did find out today you can dynamite fish as I was so fed up with trying to catch fish by chasing them in the water I threw a bomb at the fish, and saw it float. Then I was like HMM hit detonate, and saw all the fish come to the surface stunned/dead ready to be picked up :D
    The game is just nuts in what they allow you to do, and what isn't documented for you to find out.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Zerukan wrote: »
    Did find out today you can dynamite fish as I was so fed up with trying to catch fish by chasing them in the water I threw a bomb at the fish, and saw it float. Then I was like HMM hit detonate, and saw all the fish come to the surface stunned/dead ready to be picked up :D
    The game is just nuts in what they allow you to do, and what isn't documented for you to find out.

I started doing this as soon as I got the bombs. Free freaking food.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I got a Switch and Zelda at launch. Well, I got Bomberman, too, and had been playing that while I waited for Zelda to arrive in the mail.

So far, I really like the Switch! The hardware is pretty impressive (I'm surprised by how small everything is, and yet the Joy-Cons are still comfortable to use). The OS and stuff is really responsive (which is a nice change after being used to the slow 3DS and Wii U menus).

Zelda is... just so amazingly huge. I've been playing since launch, and I still don't feel anywhere near 100% completion. It took me a few days just to unlock all parts of the map!

I've also purchased SnipperClips and Shovel Knight digitally. I'm hesitant to buy more digital games, since for some reason, it isn't allowing me to save my credit card for future use (like I could on 3DS and Wii U, hmm...).

I haven't messed with any emulation in years, but last I checked nullDC was really good. And this was several years ago, on an older laptop. s:
  • lidiyalidiya
    Erika wrote: »
    I got a Switch and Zelda at launch. Well, I got Bomberman, too, and had been playing that while I waited for Zelda to arrive in the mail.

So far, I really like the Switch! The hardware is pretty impressive (I'm surprised by how small everything is, and yet the Joy-Cons are still comfortable to use). The OS and stuff is really responsive (which is a nice change after being used to the slow 3DS and Wii U menus).

Zelda is... just so amazingly huge. I've been playing since launch, and I still don't feel anywhere near 100% completion. It took me a few days just to unlock all parts of the map!

I've also purchased SnipperClips and Shovel Knight digitally. I'm hesitant to buy more digital games, since for some reason, it isn't allowing me to save my credit card for future use (like I could on 3DS and Wii U, hmm...).

I haven't messed with any emulation in years, but last I checked nullDC was really good. And this was several years ago, on an older laptop. s:

Still gotta get bomberman kinda had big medical expenses the day after which put the kibosh on my spending :(

NullDC from what I remember didn't have proper controller support as I believe I tried it, but couldn't get my DC controller to work under it(I have a DC to USB conversion box somewhere)