Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Medals

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited March 15, 2017
    Sutaru wrote: »
    So just a quick question. Everyone keeps asking me to provide a pet medal for the pets I want to buy, but is the pet medal even tradable?

Sadly the one from the event as well as the ones for sale in the cash shop from time to time are not tradable. Either those players do not know the medal is not tradable, or they are most likely stating that you pay for the pet as well as an amount for the pet medal. Example: Pet being 5m while the pet medal might be another 1 or 2m (I have no idea of market value on pet medals though). If they request NX for a pet medal though, that's against Nexons TOS.

Ninja'd by Arjune. xD
    Sutaru
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Shoog wrote: »
    Sutaru wrote: »
    So just a quick question. Everyone keeps asking me to provide a pet medal for the pets I want to buy, but is the pet medal even tradable?

Sadly the one from the event as well as the ones for sale in the cash shop from time to time are not tradable. Either those players do not know the medal is not tradable, or they are most likely stating that you pay for the pet as well as an amount for the pet medal. Example: Pet being 5m while the pet medal might be another 1 or 2m (I have no idea of market value on pet medals though). If they request NX for a pet medal though, that's against Nexons TOS.

Ninja'd by Arjune. xD

Thank you very much! That clears things up! I'm guessing they don't know that they aren't tradable.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I wonder if the pet's level and age gets reset using the medals?

As someone that bought some pets from others, I can answer you: no, it doesn't reset any of the stats the pet has when put on the medal, the only thing is that you actually need to give a new name to the pet in order to "create" it.
    [I bought an age 70 past 25 with 66 total levels and an age 1 with level 1]
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    NekoLily wrote: »
    I wonder if the pet's level and age gets reset using the medals?

As someone that bought some pets from others, I can answer you: no, it doesn't reset any of the stats the pet has when put on the medal, the only thing is that you actually need to give a new name to the pet in order to "create" it.
    [I bought an age 70 past 25 with 66 total levels and an age 1 with level 1]

Ah, thank you for the info! That makes sense...