Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Nexon, Lets talk about your new pet.

MemeJudgeMemeJudge
Mabinogi Rep: 320
in Feedback and Suggestions
Man. This pet page. Where to start? First of all, you released yet another pet with an incomplete summon effect. That's almost as bad as getting Kokopo's gender incorrect on the announcement page. "Kokopo Strike: Kokopo uses his massive bulk and slams into the enemy, dealing damage to all foes around." Now that that's covered, lets just wander onto the actual web shop page for this new pet. First sentence into the pet description, "Kokopo is a Rurutie's Hororon bird." Seriously? nexon? It's like you wanted to say Kokopo is Rurutie's Hororon bird, and then were like. Wait, what if we just say Kokopo is a Hororon bird. Then proceeded to forget to proofread and delete Rurutie's. Second sentence you ALMOST didn't mess it up. It's not major but you just slightly forgot your plurals. Third sentence, almost got there again but you forgot your tenses. Getting to the 4th sentence I was prepared for the worst... But you did it! You didn't mess up a sentence! Pat yourself on the back Nexon, you did it. I moved onto the 5th sentence with high hopes, as you didn't mess up the last sentence. Boy was I wrong to raise my expectations. " It is also very agile, that it can move very fast. " I don't even know what you were attempting here. As I moved onto the 6th sentence, I could only imagine what horrors lied in it. "It can't run, but it can run so fast that it's almost like flying!" ...Big brother nexon? What is this? I know what you're trying to accomplish here but come on. Nexon, not only do we have a messed up pet that doesn't have a summon effect as advertised, we have a messed up description for this pet, which seemed like you took what Nexon KR put on their page, threw it onto google translate and threw it up onto your web page without proofreading.

Sincerely,

A dirty casual
KikurikappaSoraHakuDA

Comments

• MemeJudgeMemeJudge
    Woot you changed a lot of things nexon! Proud of you. Just a few minor details "It's curious, and dashes to things that seems interesting and cause troubles." would come off better with "She is curious, and dashes to things that seem interesting and causes trouble." And another fix could be "It likes Rurutie, but when it is angry and violent, she can't be stopped. " changed to "She likes Rurutie, but when she gets angry and violent, she can't be stopped." You guys also changed " It is also very agile, that it can move very fast. " to "She is also very agile!" but it just sounds odd. Replacing that part with "She is too big to take flight, but is very agile on her feet!" or something similar might make it seem less out of place.

ty for fix big brother nexon

Sincerely,

Still a casual
    Kikurikappa
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    MemeJudge
    MemeJudge said:

Woot you changed a lot of things nexon! Proud of you. Just a few minor details "It's curious, and dashes to things that seems interesting and cause troubles." would come off better with "She is curious, and dashes to things that seem interesting and causes trouble." And another fix could be "It likes Rurutie, but when it is angry and violent, she can't be stopped. " changed to "She likes Rurutie, but when she gets angry and violent, she can't be stopped." You guys also changed " It is also very agile, that it can move very fast. " to "She is also very agile!" but it just sounds odd. Replacing that part with "She is too big to take flight, but is very agile on her feet!" or something similar might make it seem less out of place.

ty for fix big brother nexon

Sincerely,

Still a casual
    Somebody get a paycheck for this person!

(You could be a bit less condescending though.) :)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Sounds to me like no one in Nexon has actually watched this anime, despite the community being highly into anime. How disappointing.
  • MemeJudgeMemeJudge
    Darkpixie99

Sounds to me like no one in Nexon has actually watched this anime, despite the community being highly into anime. How disappointing.
    To me it's less of them watching the anime, and more of nobody really proofreading/just ripping directly from KR webpage and translating it through google translate. This is the second time I saw nexon mess up on their website. The first time being the Halloween event where they used the url as the header on one of the home page cards, instead of using the actual event name.
  • FrustrateFrustrate
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    You are being a total grammar here. Maybe one of the people who manages the website didn't have someone else proofread when they had inserted the description. Oh well. I'm sure it will be fixed.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    So much salt for almost nothing.
    mintiel
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    MemeJudge
    MemeJudge said:

Darkpixie99

To me it's less of them watching the anime, and more of nobody really proofreading/just ripping directly from KR webpage and translating it through google translate. This is the second time I saw nexon mess up on their website. The first time being the Halloween event where they used the url as the header on one of the home page cards, instead of using the actual event name.
    ROFL Everyone knows that Google Translate is horrible, unreliable, and unprofessional.
  • MemeJudgeMemeJudge
    edited December 15, 2016
    Greta
    Greta said:

So much salt for almost nothing.
    Not really salty, and Nexon is supposed to be a professional company, and we sink so much time and money into a game and they release an unfinished pet with a description which was worded very poorly. It only took a few minutes for me to look at it and make those changes, so why can't Nexon do the same? Proofreading only takes a few minutes, and can help your webpage go from "Google translate" level to average web.

This discussion has been closed.