Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

No Background Music?

Comments

• SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Hold wrote: »
    Is there a version for people who don't use the steam client because I don't have an MP3 folder in my Cache folder infact, that whole folder is somewhere else away from the main appdata folder. There is an MP3 folder in my appdata folder but after the 4th everything gets removed and step I don't get any options to do the 5th step. Can someone go into more details, I'm using Windows 7?

Just follow what I posted. I've been using a backed up MP3 folder from a previous install of the game and I have all the music back except for the title screen music which is either missing or has been uncorrectly coded. Like I said, it will stay like that untill probably the next patch, which hopefully will fix that issue.
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    Thanks, I did just that. I had another copy of mabinogi on another computer that wasn't updated and just copied over files from it and somehow it worked.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Just follow what I posted. I've been using a backed up MP3 folder from a previous install of the game and I have all the music back except for the title screen music which is either missing or has been uncorrectly coded. Like I said, it will stay like that untill probably the next patch, which hopefully will fix that issue.

Does this work for the Nexon launcher?
  • MugenaiMugenai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    Shoog wrote: »

I hit repair installation in the Nexon Launcher and watching it redownload all the mp3 files right now. Gonna protect the files as posted earlier once it's finished.
  • jinwk00jinwk00
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    Hold wrote: »
    jinwk00 wrote: »
    TEMPORARY FIX FOUND:

1. Go to Mabinogi's Game Cache files
    2. Right click on mp3 folder and go to Properties
    3. Go to Security tab and press Advanced
    4. Disable the inheritance
    5. Deny all access to "write" except You, Administrators, and Users
    6. HAVE FUN WITH DAT MUSIC!!! MUSIC IS BACK!

(Start Mabinogi screen BGM seem to not work.)
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/212200/discussions/0/135511757696321112/

Is there a version for people who don't use the steam client because I don't have an MP3 folder in my Cache folder infact, that whole folder is somewhere else away from the main appdata folder. There is an MP3 folder in my appdata folder but after the 4th everything gets removed and step I don't get any options to do the 5th step. Can someone go into more details, I'm using Windows 7?

@Hold Can you then try locking THE mp3 folder or go to where Client.exe is located in and lock that mp3 folder? There should be an mp3 folder next to it, otherwise, I am not sure at all.
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Shoog wrote: »

It works for both Steam and the Nexon Launcher
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Wow, bizarre, I just checked, and there's only 56 files in the mp3 folder (so, I must be missing something else)... What the heck happened here...? And anyone got a ZIP archive of the complete set of music?

And here I was, thinking it was just a bug on my end... I had no idea the update DELETED a bunch of music...
  • jinwk00jinwk00
    @Erika Try to verify the game cache. If you are using Nexon Launcher, I am not aware of it, you might have to reinstall the game.
    Also to make sure to try out my method of locking the mp3 folder. It is in previous post.
  • MattAtakkMattAtakk
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I don't think it's an update problem, because I repaired the install, and two minutes later all the files were gone again. Maybe it's a problem with the operating system? Like, the way Windows reads files?

I don't know, I'm just throwing in an idea.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    It works for both Steam and the Nexon Launcher

Awesome thank you. :)
  • MugenaiMugenai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    edited March 19, 2017
    MattAtakk wrote: »
    I don't think it's an update problem, because I repaired the install, and two minutes later all the files were gone again. Maybe it's a problem with the operating system? Like, the way Windows reads files?

Did you relaunch the game after? I think people were saying it eats the files when the game launches, not necessarily when it updates
    jinwk00 wrote: »
    @Erika Try to verify the game cache. If you are using Nexon Launcher, I am not aware of it, you might have to reinstall the game.
    Also to make sure to try out my method of locking the mp3 folder. It is in previous post.

Repair installation on the Nexon Launcher will redownload the files
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair

The problem started after the update so it's not a problem with the OS. I've also noticed that all the mp3 files are there prior to launching the game but once I loaded into the world there was no music. Browsing the mp3 folder, the files were gone again. But replacing the mp3 files after they were gone didn't brought the issue back. My deduction is that there's a game file that is deleting some of the other files and possibly deleting itself as well.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Tried Repair Installation; it didn't work. =T
  • MattAtakkMattAtakk
    I think it might be NGS, because as soon as it launched, those files disappeared. Thought I am willing to take any other opinions; I'm just speculating here.
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Also, in case you have a download limit on your isp, when you repair installation, make a copy of the mp3 folder when it's done repairing and save it somewhere. That way you wont need to keep re-downloading 1 GB worth of files each time. And you wont need to manually download the files from a 3rd party site.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 19, 2017
    Ok, just found out that it fixed some of the songs, but not all of them. I'm going to go and chronicle what's not making noise like it should (at least on my end).

Silent
    Tir Chonaill (plains, graveyard, southern plains with wolves, town)
    Dunbarton
    Filia Area: Shyllien Reserve, Castanea's House/NPC
    Vales Area: Hillwen Mines (Entrance, B1-3),
    Cor Area: Every NPC (though the jungle noise plays near Tupai and Ruwai),
    Belvast Area: Admiral Owen's Theme (Belvast's theme music itself is fine), Odran's Post Area/NPC, Scathach, Shayla (does she have NPC music?)
    Taillteann Area: Taillteann (town), Every NPC (includes Tarlach and Berched).
    Tara Area: Tara, Padan, Corrib Valley
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    I think it might be NGS, because as soon as it launched, those files disappeared. Thought I am willing to take any other opinions; I'm just speculating here.

Can't be NGS either or else the temp fix would not be working
  • jinwk00jinwk00
    @SacredFlair Try my method on my previous post. Also, make sure to turn ON the Read-only option.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 20, 2017
    Keeping System out from modifying the mp3 folder does not work for me
    also even with 380 mp3 files in it, Mabi BGM is still quite
  • MattAtakkMattAtakk
    edited March 20, 2017

Can't be NGS either or else the temp fix would not be working

For me the temp fix doesn't work.
    EDIT: Yes it does, but it rather strange. Open up the mp3 folder, and make sure all of the files in the folder are read only. Fastest way is:
    1) Ctrl+A,
    2) right-click,
    3) Go to "Properties",
    4) Select "Read-Only"

Works for me, hopefully for the rest of you, too.
This discussion has been closed.