Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Client Crash when trying to mail a music scroll

VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
in Archived Bugs
What's the issue?
The game crashes if you try to mail a music scroll.

What steps must be taken to recreate the issue?
Start sending someone mail from a mailbox, and drop a music scroll on the mail's item box.

What is expected to happen instead?
The scroll, like any other unmailable item, should drop fine on the box, and upon clicking send, you get a dialog telling you it can't be mailed. No crashes!

So I got a 2000-uses music scroll from Math Music Dungeon, and decided to mail it to someone else, just in case this new type of music scroll could be mailed to other people, but the moment I dropped the scroll in the mail's item box the client crashed. Just in case it was a random crash, I relaunched and repeated the incident three more times, each time with the exact same result; I then tested sending a HP30 potion to make sure it wasn't a mail system issue, and the pot mailed just fine. Next I tried mailing a regular music scroll, expecting to see the "you can't mail this item" dialog pop up, but the game crashed again when I placed it in the item box instead. Finally, I tried mailing something else that can't be mailed, this time a Composition skill book, and this time the game properly refused to mail it without crashing.

photo crash_on_placement_1.jpeg

The character I experienced this with is Muinien on Mari server.

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 17, 2016
    This is strange, I tried it myself and it does indeed crash.

Thank you for including such a detailed explanation!!
  • PoxiePoxie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,820
    edited December 17, 2016
    Additional info

It appears this also has the same affect trying to mail the 1000 use scroll also the same goes for the 20 use scroll that is giving by the bard board when making a free transcript score of a random song made by a player.

In-game name : Kymiraa
    Server: Alexina
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    ?? I thought you can't mail a music score. when did that change
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    rainLOVE
    rainLOVE said:

?? I thought you can't mail a music score. when did that change
    I'm guessing you didn't read the complete first post.. Might want to in the future before posting.
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    Additional Information

This extend to Adventurer seals, and Perfect Skill Reset Capsule, however in the case of the latter, it depends on the version. The one causing the crash seems to be untradeable, and the ones I specifically used to test were provided via the Music Q Registration event. There may be other versions causing the issue, or being crash-free.
  • MohawkGuyMohawkGuy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,440
    Thank you so much for reporting this issue. We are working to fix this ASAP!

(:7
This discussion has been closed.