Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tuned Instruments

SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
edited December 18, 2016 in General Chat
Well, I haven't really seen anyone touch on this yet so...anyway!

There's four tuned instruments (eight if you count the milky way versions): flute, whistle, violin, and cello. To make them, you need the respective instrument and a tuning kit, which drops from Musical Math.

A friend and I made a tuned flute and tested it vs a regular flute and the difference in sound was quite huge. The tuned flute...well, it sounds more like a real flute (though I don't have much experience with how real flutes sound). We also noticed that the tuned version didn't seem to hold the long notes the same way the regular version did.

So, I'm curious. Has anyone else made a tuned instrument and tested the sound differences?

Edit: They're made through handicrafting (forgot to add that >.<)
Telmes

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I plan to make some as soon as I can get ahold of the tuning item needed to craft it
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Interesting. I thought the tuned instruments would've acted like the hamelin tuner.
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    If you check the Bard Bulletin Board, if an instrument has a star next to it that means it's a tuned/festival version of that instrument. Then, when you play it's preview you'll hear what it'll sound like and its completely different.

I'm not sure if Tuned Mandos and Festival Mandos are the same however, but Tuned instruments sound completely different from their normal counterparts. I guess is this is their entire overhaul of the music sound system aka tuned instruments.
    Telmespawcalypse
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited December 19, 2016
    ....That's what they do? Ummmmmm didn't see that one coming at all.
    Zerul said:

I'm not sure if Tuned Mandos and Festival Mandos are the same however, but Tuned instruments sound completely different from their normal counterparts. I guess is this is their entire overhaul of the music sound system aka tuned instruments.
    Listening to the previews in the composing menu, the tuned flutes sound basically the same as the festival flute. Same for the whistle. The other tuned instruments in the menu (cello and violin) don't have a festival counter part present, but sound the same as their normal versions to me. I don't see a tuned mandolin, lute, or ukulele in the composing menu or Handicraft list.
    Telmes
  • GoodrichGoodrich
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    edited December 19, 2016
    For those that want to know how different they sound, here's the Mandolin and Flute.
    -Removed-
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Soo.. they are basically the festival instruments in a way?

W0t is happening hallp
  • AquarisAquaris
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I had a feeling this would be the case with the new instruments. Of course we would have to go get the new instruments to enjoy the new sounds ._.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited December 19, 2016
    Aquaris
    Aquaris said:

I had a feeling this would be the case with the new instruments. Of course we would have to go get the new instruments to enjoy the new sounds ._.
    You can Tune the normal versions of violins, cellos, flutes, and whistles: you don't require the milky way variants. Just keep in mind that the tuned cello and violins don't seem to have any sort of unique sound font that's different from the normal ones.
    Telmes
  • AquarisAquaris
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

Aquaris
    Aquaris said:

You can Tune the normal versions of violins, cellos, flutes, and whistles: you don't require the milky way variants. Just keep in mind that the tuned cello and violins don't seem to have any sort of unique sound font that's different from the normal ones.
    Guess I'll have to dig around for information about tuning. Unfortunately, I have skins for my cello and violin, so guess I gotta get a new violin and cello in that case. Bummer. =/
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    It doesn't seem like Milky Way Lute are tuned at all. They sound exactly the same to me.
  • RerisuRerisu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I think the Festival Lute is tuned. I'm not sure how to get the festival instruments though.

pawcalypse
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited December 22, 2016
    That sounds amazing... Anyone know where to get those?

Edit: However, that video is old. And under the composer it doesn't show Tuned Mandolin.
    However it shows festival and tuned flute.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    No one knows how to get the festival instruments yet. In fact we don't think they've added them to NA mabinogi yet.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Tuned=festival instruments you can even check it in game if you don't believe me.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Opalthira
    Opalthira said:

Tuned=festival instruments you can even check it in game if you don't believe me.
    Then why is Tuned and festival instruments listed as separate types of instruments in the composer window? If they were the same thing it would only list the one type and not both as if they're different?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Opalthira
    Opalthira said:

Then why is Tuned and festival instruments listed as separate types of instruments in the composer window? If they were the same thing it would only list the one type and not both as if they're different?
    Was the composer not originally in the game at one time?
    I believe it was removed at some point, it could be they forgot to remove them from the composer.
    I tested a c1. flute, tuned flute, and festival flute.
    Tuned and festival sounded the exact same. While the normal flute sounded different than both of them.

Ah, so it can be that they just didn't decide on the name. Well.. either way the Tuner is impossible to find..
    I can confirm that you cannot tune a mandolin. The only options are Flute, Whistle, Violin, and Cello
    And their milky counter parts.

Mandolin and others not on the list are not an option.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I don't know if it is just the whistle, but the Tuned Whistle cannot be dyed. Tried spray paint, magical instrument dyes, metal dyes, and regular dyes. No Luck :(

Regular whistle can be dyed though.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    The festive and tuned arent the same.. you can tell the difference in their sounds. from what ive seen they havent released the festive instruments yet. as for tuned, you just run the dungeon for them.
    TelmesSherri