Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Direct Dyes as Permanent Webshop Items

CquilesCquiles
Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
in Feedback and Suggestions
suggestion: the direct dyes we get from the hottime today to be a permanent webshop item. (a more expensive version of the 990 nx dye amp or as a rare gacha item to keep supply low so it doesnt blow regular dyes out of the marketing waters but still trickling into the servers)

why: im so thirsty for those dyes. i have trouble finding the colors i want in fixed dye form and in regular dye form that 1 in 5 chance on a pixie pallet is treacherous. some of the shades i love dont even exist as a fixed dye and theyre unpopular shades that will not see the light of day as a fixed dye in a gacha. did i mention how thirsty i am for these dyes- im parched. is it warm in here or am i just that excited? let me fan myself with my wallet

1. direct dyes for life?40 votes
    1. yay
       75% (30 votes)
    2. nay
       10% (4 votes)
    3. ur just doing this poll for the achievement (yes i am)
       15% (6 votes)

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    i'm afraid no one will buy regular dye ampoule anymore then

but still a nice thing to have

the price will be very high since it is guarantee to get the likes of pure white and black dyes (in alexina those are 2.5x and 4x (respectively more expensive than regular dye ampoule)
    TheNyanCat
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Hazurah wrote: »
    i'm afraid no one will buy regular dye ampoule anymore then

but still a nice thing to have

the price will be very high since it is guarantee to get the likes of pure white and black dyes (in alexina those are 2.5x and 4x (respectively more expensive than regular dye ampoule)

This might either turn into the new Gachapon dye exclusive as well as a rare item, but I don't really see why these couldn't be sold in a box of items in the Cash Shop. (even if it ends up as an untradeable)
  • CquilesCquiles
    edited March 27, 2017
    leeeeeets seeeee
    if it usually takes me an average of 10 tries with a regular amp to get a shade of brown that cant be synthesized or found in any gachas or theyre really rare and the direct dye was just sold as, a lets say, a 10$ dye in the webshop then it all evens out

since barely anyone does fixed dye gachas anymore because of synthing well dyes- hypothetically a certain shade of brown i like that only comes from that gacha is nearly impossible to find. it can still be acquired via a 1 in 5 reg dye chance however (it wont be the exact shade but very close and this drives!me!nuts!!)

if the dyes on alexina average 450k and i spend an average of 4.5mil (~5mil in bank tax) trying to nab that one shade of brown because i cant find anyone selling fixed dye gacha dyes, it would be easier to just buy a direct dye for 10$.

one main reason this benefits the servers is because if i bought 10 reg dye amps for every exact shade of brown on an outfit i wanted, i would literally suck the markets dry of all dye sellers by myself. ergo there are not enough regular dyes in the markets on average to sustain an entire server of players attempting a 1 in 5 chance.

theres a lot of colors some people might want to use but cannot due to fixed dye rarity or improbability. right now most people who buy regular dye amps do it to get pure black or pure white (an averagely attempted 3/5 chance)

if i average out the gold to nx ratio from using the regular dye prices now thats 454gold per cent, so a 10$ direct dye would be ~4.5mil

ergo the direct dyes, if put into the webshop at this price, would probably be consumed soley for the purpose of hard to get shades that arent black or arent white. therefore direct dyes would sustain a specific player niche (me lol) and not be abused to throw regular dyes out of the markets since its average price might be like 4-5mil

(sry in adv if math is off im tired lol, wow typos)

• SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    What Browns do you buy at 450k. @Cquiles been selling all my synthed dyes st like 50k spare the ever so rare #ffffff and #000000
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Or we can replace every dye we get in gachapon with a direct dye amp.
  • CquilesCquiles
    What Browns do you buy at 450k. @Cquiles been selling all my synthed dyes st like 50k spare the ever so rare #ffffff and #000000

for you: 450k on regular dye amps, 10 tries average, to get a shade of brown that cant be synthesized. need direct dyes because fixed dye gacha is dead due to sythed dyes on market.
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    edited March 28, 2017
    :'> hopefully this dye would be in events more often if not in the shop

i cant use it my self because my shade of purple does not exist on the dye palette and ony in the fix dye gacha [CRIES]

but my bae needs this to be a thing in a cash shop cause i see him going through dyes like nothing to get his red color
    all we can do right now is hoard and buy up all the direct dye amps :').....