Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

... xD Wow. so much for being a new item..

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in General Chat
I just got the samba wig and then notice, Its the SAME wig from SAO ... All they literally did was rename it.
wigs.jpg

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Someone already pointed that out, lol.

They prolly coulda done better for a design....like...actually made one.

Buttttt.......oh well.
    Xiokun
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    but now you can use the wig without fealing lame for useing something from SAO
    SylviaWolfeGretaBlissfulkillTsumikkiNilremSenyuniJJ[Deleted User]ImaizumiHiroki05
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    There's actually a really small small difference between those wigs. Look at sticking hair on left side~ :3
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Now if only they would do something similar with the Illya wig from fate so we could dye it(or just make it into a hairstyle).
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 31, 2017
    A few minor differences, yes, but I'm glad they re-released the hairstyle so others can get it.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    *gasp* there's only a slight difference in the bangs. Wow, totally keeping the Samaba wig then.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Isn't that a good thing? Kirito wigs are never going to be rereleased.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    samba-gate
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    So can we make a recolor of a Hatsune Miku wig and get away with it too? Please? <3
    Now all we need is a Volacoid wigs that are not "Volacoids".

In short, rip offs are awesome!

(Maybe Asuna and the rest, provided those aren't strictly copyrighted)
    FilthyRedDevil[Deleted User]
  • MazuiMazui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    Lol ya I mentioned this in the Samba thread. I was disappointed when I found out :<
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl

-dies a little as I read your post-

Vocaloids*...they are Vocaloids ;~;
    edited March 31, 2017
    Berryswirl wrote: »

-dies a little as I read your post-

Vocaloids*...they are Vocaloids ;~;

I meant it in a certain way. What if we have hairstyles or wigs that are remarkably similar to Volacoid styles, but Nexon pretends it is their own thing? Volacoid without the Volacoid in the title!

So yes, rip offs that just as good, but available to players today!

It may be possible, but in this case, Kirito is not the most unique looking protagonist. His hairstyle is common, whereas Yugi Motoh's hairstyle is grounds for a lawsuit if you dye it a certain way...I think.

In any case, it does not seem too unique.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    @Blissfulkill

I like your idea, I was meaning that you're spelling Vocaloid wrong. xD
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I do like the trend of having non-crossover replacements for (most likely) single time crossover items.

Like how the Shenon, Sion, and Shenon & Sion Friends Forever 2nd titles can be used as non-crossover replacements for the SAO Nishida and SAO Lisbeth 2nd titles.

I know some people are wanting enchants similar to the XXth Floor SAO Enchants to be "rereleased" renamed through non-crossover means.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I do like the trend of having non-crossover replacements for (most likely) single time crossover items.

Like how the Shenon, Sion, and Shenon & Sion Friends Forever 2nd titles can be used as non-crossover replacements for the SAO Nishida and SAO Lisbeth 2nd titles.

I know some people are wanting enchants similar to the XXth Floor SAO Enchants to be "rereleased" renamed through non-crossover means.

This might be our only option, as Nexon KR seems to be the only branch of Nexon I've seen willing to jump off a cliff to get big name companies like Dreamworks (KR got a How to Train Your Dragon Event, NA got a Dragon pet and outfit card) or even Lego and WB games for KR's upcoming Lego Quest and Collect app. It's seriously scary to think that Nexon NA is either too chicken or bankrupt to go say to someone, "Want to make more money with my help...for little to no effort at all? Just your permission to borrow copyright for a week, and you get a cut of the profit." Seriously, isn't negotiation the number one part of business? Why hasn't NA blown us away with a big name tie up?
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385

This might be our only option, as Nexon KR seems to be the only branch of Nexon I've seen willing to jump off a cliff to get big name companies like Dreamworks (KR got a How to Train Your Dragon Event, NA got a Dragon pet and outfit card) or even Lego and WB games for KR's upcoming Lego Quest and Collect app. It's seriously scary to think that Nexon NA is either too chicken or bankrupt to go say to someone, "Want to make more money with my help...for little to no effort at all? Just your permission to borrow copyright for a week, and you get a cut of the profit." Seriously, isn't negotiation the number one part of business? Why hasn't NA blown us away with a big name tie up?

:x actually i was told that the KR picks what we get and so on.. like the FMA event cross over, we didnt get it because of them as well as copyright. So i was told
    Tayloreski wrote: »

:x actually i was told that the KR picks what we get and so on.. like the FMA event cross over, we didnt get it because of them as well as copyright. So i was told

While Korean players might have loads of Crossover stuff, I imagine it may be in rare circumstances where they would and could repeat a crossover event, versus creating a lookalike for players who were not there to get their hands on.