Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Bring back Direct Launch.

FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
edited March 23, 2017 in Technical Support
Ok seriously this is getting on my nerves constantly. to the point i might have to quit mabinogi til i get my new computer in a month or 2.

nexon. your launcher is absolute crap. its now crashing me even more often then when i used direct launch since its hogging more memory since its running in the background.
with direct launch i could get in 6 conflict missions before crashing. now im lucky to even get in 3 with the launcher.

not to mention its pitiful how this game runs like crap on my computer i have now when this thing is more powerful then my old PC which was weaker but only crashed once a week. now i crash 5 times a day. so much for PC's being the "better" gaming system when a weaker computer runs a game better then a better one.

2. it crashes me when ever it needs to "restart" its updated twice today and as a result crashed me twice.

and 3. when it does crash often it will then say "Currently in-game" when im not and the game is clearly closed. thus requiring me to restart my computer to get it to work again.

so i went ahead and deleted your garbage launcher off my computer and am now re downloading mabi off steam and if that doesn't work. then sadly ill have to quit mabi til my new computer comes in. which could be months. because i refuse to use that nexon launcher.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 23, 2017
    Hahaha, that's cute. At least you tried...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    This is a problem with some older games, that were made for older versions of Windows or other OS. Perhaps you can run compatibility settings to account for the version of Windows the game was made for.

It may necessarily be the problem with the latest PC, but how you use it.

Not sure how Direct Launch is affecting speeds and such. Unless you are downloading another game, it is pretty nominal in my experience, versus Mabinogi being a complete hog of system resources.

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited March 23, 2017
    @Foxgirlkatie

This is EXACTLY my issue except I crash every 5 mins if I'm LUCKY.
    I also tried steam and for me it didn't fix the problem at all.
    Im also on the verge of quitting.

Not that I ever could quit cri.
    xDestructionCrimsọn
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    just installed the game on steam and am getting this. prntscr.com/eneeoj

im seriously sick of the problems PC has. it needs to be more like console where the games just work.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    This is a problem with some older games, that were made for older versions of Windows or other OS. Perhaps you can run compatibility settings to account for the version of Windows the game was made for.

It may necessarily be the problem with the latest PC, but how you use it.

Not sure how Direct Launch is affecting speeds and such. Unless you are downloading another game, it is pretty nominal in my experience, versus Mabinogi being a complete hog of system resources.
    and i have absolutely no idea how to do that. because i just want to game. i rather be able to just boot up a game and play it and not spend hours or however long just to get 1 game to work. my friend did that for one of their games. it wouldnt start and he had to spend hours to get it going. and when he did get it to work. he didn't feel like playing it anymore.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Its not your pc. im having the exact same issue as you nd my pc is fine. Its on Nexons end.

My friend had a similar issue when launcher came out. She couldnt even play and had to wait months for Nexon to release a fix.
    xDestructionCrimsọn
  • metrumetru
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    same issue here.. direct launch would work fine for me but with the nexon lancher every 4 hours exact ill crash realy annoying
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    edited March 23, 2017
    @metru

Least its 4 hours and not 5mins

EDIT: After getting an entirely new modem, I STILL disconnect. It's definitely Nexon.
    Crimsọn
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    I am so sick of these disconnections. Like....I want to punch something.
    Crimsọn
  • DefunctDefunct
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    edited March 25, 2017
    Yeah, my issue is the third point you made.

Every time I exit the game (except mine doesn't crash), I can't reopen it without terminating the process for the launcher entirely. It'll say the game is still running or open. But I can't find anything running in the background related to it. It's small, but frustrating.
    cd53c789dc3931699f38ed7c391c81e3.png
    Removing direct launches as to improve the Nexon Launcher, doesn't seem like it's going smoothly.
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    I can't log in on my Mari alt anymore using the Steam-downloaded version, since because my Steam account is directly linked to my main mabi account, I can only log in on that particular account through Steam. I was able to use direct-launch to circumvent that problem. Now? Can't anymore.

So I download the direct launcher just to see how "bad" it really is, and as it turns out, it is extremely bad. Make sure you don't cancel the mabinogi download, or else you'll never get to download it again...

70fdb6849b154f0bb957559599534fb3.png

Not that I'm a fan of the idea of having two different Mabinogi downloads on my comp anyways; that's redundant and pointless. Who thought it was a good idea to take away direct launch again?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    nexon. your launcher is absolute crap. its now crashing me even more often then when i used direct launch since its hogging more memory since its running in the background.
    with direct launch i could get in 6 conflict missions before crashing. now im lucky to even get in 3 with the launcher.
    If the launcher is eating too much of your total memory, you can launch the game and then nuke the launcher's process with task manager.
    not to mention its pitiful how this game runs like crap on my computer i have now when this thing is more powerful then my old PC which was weaker but only crashed once a week.
    The game's old. This is what happens with PC games built for older operating systems being ran on newer OS: they get kinda messy with time. Not to mention the fact that Mabinogi in general is poorly built.
    2. it crashes me when ever it needs to "restart" its updated twice today and as a result crashed me twice.

and 3. when it does crash often it will then say "Currently in-game" when im not and the game is clearly closed. thus requiring me to restart my computer to get it to work again.
    Never crashed my computer when the launcher restarts, but I find both those things highly aggravating right now and I can't find a hot fix.
    im seriously sick of the problems PC has. it needs to be more like console where the games just work.
    That's not how PC gaming works at all. Every computer gamer will (most likely) have a different set up of hardware, components, drivers, operating systems, background apps and all sorts of other factors that can affect how a program runs. It is entirely impossible to 100% optimize a program to just "plug and play" on every computer because they're all different in numerous ways.
  • metrumetru
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    so i know for a fact the nexon launcher is causing major issues now for me since launching with the nexon launcher causes my game major fps lag even with a overpowered gaming pc and then a total crash later with 2 different outcomes 1. if i let the launcher run in background the launcher and mabi vanishes with no warning or error popups.
    2. if i close launcher after mabi is up it still lags horribly but few hours later mabi will lock up with a stopped responder popup and no further information. but if i launch by steam it doesnt involve the launcher at all and doesnt lag one big internet wise nor FPS wise and doesnt crash at all. anyone else have any proof of the launcher being a major problem right now?
  • AzzacielAzzaciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    This isnt as bad as your problems but it still irks me that no more direct launch means that my fully downloaded game wont run anymore and i have to re-download it so i can start it over the launcher.
    The launcher even added my vindictus to itself but not mabi wich was in the same damn place.
  • ReiKeimaReiKeima
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Defunct wrote: »
    Every time I exit the game (except mine doesn't crash), I can't reopen it without terminating the process for the launcher entirely. It'll say the game is still running or open. But I can't find anything running in the background related to it. It's small, but frustrating.

This also happens on Steam, the issue is caused by the advertisement Nexon used to put up when the game was closed. Apparently it still tries to open.

Your culprit is iexplore.exe, or Internet Explorer. Terminating that should fix the issue.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    My previous reply concerned speed. Hell, Fallout 3 will not work since I updated to Windows 10.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    It is clear that this a frustrating issue for many, and in my opinion an unnecessary measure. The good news is that there is nothing preventing the launching of Client.exe directly from Mabi after you have used the Nexon launcher or steam to update the game.

Browse to your Mabinogi folder and right-click on client.exe, choose send to > Desktop (create shortcut)
    Right click the shortcut on your desktop and go to properties.
    Add : code:1622 ver:246 logip:208.85.108.15 logport:11000 chatip:208.85.108.18 chatport:8002 setting:"file://data/features.xml=Regular, USA" to the end of the launch line. Make sure that ver matches the version of the game that you're currently using.

Example:
    C:\Nexon\Mabinogi\Client.exe code:1622 ver:246 logip:208.85.108.15 logport:11000 chatip:208.85.108.18 chatport:8002 setting:"file://data/features.xml=Regular, USA"

Sorry, at work, so no screenshot/walkthrough video this time.
This discussion has been closed.