Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Partner Revamp

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited January 5, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Brought this up on the old forums but, decided to write a summary.

Urgent Fixes
-Partner Clothing Dyes, Partner Metal Dyes, Partner Leather Dyes, Partner Instrument Dyes
-Height Adjustment
-Race Adjustment
-Ability to repair partner gear through a new NPC
-Ability to move around items in partner inventory while still not being able to place them into the player's inventory
-Ability to bless a partner's equipment through a unique new skill and quest or NPC
-Ability to wear robes
-Permanent Addition to the Cash Shop with mounts as limited time rotations

New Homestead House Revamp- Interior Decor and Partners:
The Homestead House has an upgrade after the current maximum, which is the interior.It can then be upgraded again to unlock the Cafe Function. An Open/Closed sign will appear on the side, so the homestead interior doesn't have to be a cafe if you don't want it to. NPCs will spawn when open, request a dish, pay based off the rating they give for the dish and waiting time, and all the gold will be sent to a UI system similar to the VIP Housing. You can set the furniture rotation, location, wallpaper, ceiling, windows, carpets will be placed on a tile system below the furniture in a separate placement tab. New furniture required for new cooking techniques and recipes can be purchased from the Homestead Brownie known as Mitra. A childish prankster, she will tell you all the menu options and even criticize or tease you based on how much gold you made from the Cafe unlock, or even just for the fun of how random she likes to act. Partners and NPCs can be hired and placed at the furniture for cooking, and will work or slack off based on how much you pay them. All furniture in the homestead interior has a durability count, loses durability,and gain a dust count similar to how wine making gathers up acidity over time. Maid and Butler Partners can finally do the jobs they are familiar with, dusting and repairing furniture! Each partner and personality will have new and different idle poses based on their task. If a conceited personality is hired to work at the cash register, she will appear to be counting coins and fanning herself as if she were Eluned. The cafe system will also reward exp that varies depending on the average of ratings the NPC left you. Gold can be withdrawn from the homestead, or used in purchasing decoration options. Gachapons may have new and variations of the furniture.

The Training System:
Partners can now gain new skills, rank up skills, and gain stats by running missions in a system much like the special unit. You must watch the likeability of your partner, as it will drop depending on how much your overwork them. This will allow partners to fish up normal or exclusive new items by being gifted a fishing rod and bait.

The Chef Board:
NPCs will place requests to aspiring chefs for something like 1 strawberry milk and 1 milk bread, players will place the food in the delivery menu and can choose a partner to deliver the goods faster than normal. Rewards are exp and gold with the occasional item or clothing if you reach a high request fill with them.

Fesita and Partners:
New minigames appear where you can interact or team up with your partners, and there's even a special new partner in the box modeled after a human version of the new Homestead Brownie Mitra!

Oh, probably don't need this but people always nag that someone thinks it's needed when the dev team never reads this stuff:
IGN: Darkpixie99
S: Tarlach
  1. Got any more ideas?9 votes
    1. Nah, I like yours though.
       67% (6 votes)
    2. Yeah, let me share.
       33% (3 votes)

Comments

• BehelitBehelit
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    I really like the idea of changing the height. I made my maid too tall by mistake and now it looks like my char is constantly staring at her boobs every time I summon her. Also repairing partner equipment sounds awesome.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    All my partners are waaay too short. I'd also would love if they would fix or just remove the feature to marry butlers/maids/whatever.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I like all the ideas you posted, especially the homestead house one.

I think it would be really cool to have something to use the house for, instead of just a decoration. I would love to decorate the inside of my house and be able to enter it and have friends enter as well.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Well, I haven't seen anyone comment on new ideas... so I guess mine are great! Oh, but homestead interior still is a ways off if the KR team still doesn't even care or send us concept art. Then again, all these fixes should have been done two years ago... so what does the NA team even do anyways?
  • PrezzixPrezzix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    I think this is a great idea.
  • SagitareSagitare
    Mabinogi Rep: 680
    Partners items are always losing durability and the only way to repair them is:

- Buy a partner trade potion
    - Remove the item from the partner
    - Repair the item
    - Give the item back to the partner

This honnestly seems broken to me.

My idea is you summon the partner before talking to the npc and the partners broken items apear in the repair menu along side the players.

Although doing this would not remove partner trade potions from the game because if you really wanted to remove an item from a partner you would still need the partner trade potions. This would give us the opportunity to give partners nice things and let them fight without having to worry about there items dilapidating.

Server: Ruairi
    IGN: Sagitare
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    What partners need is Combat Mastery and maybe all the weapon masteries. This is all I ask for partners. Missing 150hp, 42 str, 10 dex and 15 balance is no laughing matter when your partner is having trouble against white spiders.
    Darkpixie99