Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What is your favorite mabi life talent

SeikoSeiko
Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
edited December 20, 2016 in General Chat
So I'm bored and was wandering around the forums during maintenance and decided to test out the new interface and the weird new point system thing. I've always wondered what was more popular among players in terms of life talents so I decided to make a poll :D I'm aware half of these aren't technically "Life Talents" but I feel like things such as mercantile (Commerce) can be considered such if you look at it from a certain standpoint. Also, having only 3 options is boring o uob
Sherri
  1. What is your favorite life talent?49 votes
    1. Blacksmithing
       2% (1 vote)
    2. Carpentry/Handicrafting
       8% (4 votes)
    3. Tailoring
       2% (1 vote)
    4. Non-combat Music
       27% (13 votes)
    5. Mercantile/Commerce
       8% (4 votes)
    6. Cooking
       20% (10 votes)
    7. Other (Adventuring/Exploration/Etc.)
       33% (16 votes)

Comments

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Doctor.

All it requires is making potions and commencing. No actual healing required. :p
  • SeikoSeiko
    @AgentJean That's something I considered adding but I'm always worried someone is going to come up to me and argue that something I included shouldn't be in a "Life Talent" poll o uo

I'm glad you think outside the box though, and I totally get what you mean :D
    MetalChaos
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Cooking, for sure.
    It's the skill I most liked ever since I first started Mabinogi.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 20, 2016
    Cooking is in dire need of yet another revamp. We still can't get it to rnk1 or Master, there are ingredients that have no use in any recipe, and ingredients that can be used further with new or prexisitng cooking techniques. Fan Mussels drop from ingredient hunting, so why can't we make any seafood with it? We have so much Jam, why can't we Pie Make with Tart Crust to make Blueberry, Grape, Orange Marmalade, or Lemon Tarts? Why can't Peanut Butter Jam be mixed with sliced bread to make PB Sandwich? We could even make Blueberry Muffins with Blueberries. There's still so many more foods that we can make with cooking, yet the list is still so small after all these years.
    Daktaro
  • MilkypockyMilkypocky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    edited December 20, 2016
    ive always loved cooking, im going to go back and finish training it when i get to Druid
    ive also always been into exploration too, i remember searching for artifacts in Iria for hours haha
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I love cooking personally, my journal is almost done aside from the dragon parts. Besides that I like Hillwen and Shyllien best I'd say. Once you clear an area it's very relaxing.
  • SeikoSeiko
    I agree with all the cooking comments :D While I may be new to it, I do have the max rank as of now. I never understood why people liked it, but once I finally bothered I can see why it's interesting for most people.

I also agree that we desperately need a cooking revamp. Catering, Ingredient Hunting, and Tasting are great and all but we need more foods to create, to let us express our imagination and just for the fun of making something we might make in real life. It's a great idea :D
    MetalChaos
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    the Music system in Mabi is quite unique, actually. It creates an atmosphere for social interaction, which is a large contributor to Mabi's success.
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited December 20, 2016
    the Music system in Mabi is quite unique, actually. It creates an atmosphere for social interaction, which is a large contributor to Mabi's success. :^)
  • SeikoSeiko
    edited December 20, 2016
    @Carlize Like I said above I thought about including Hillwen/Shyllien crafting although they're not really talents, just skills. I do agree though, and I wouldn't mind if we saw an expansion to those skills in the future, even if it were a talent tree. Although, I don't know what other skills they could include other than the gathering/crafting ones that are already implemented ; u;
    MetalChaos
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'm gonna proudly represent the minority here in saying I adore the Adventurer talents. Master Adventurer was the first mastery title I earned in Mabi. Taming, Transformation and Artifact Hunting are some of my favorite things to spend time working on and I still have a few transformations to collect in order to complete my journal :)
    Sherri
  • SeikoSeiko

It's always bothered me that music is considered a Combat Talent considering there's only one attack in the entire talent tree. I mean battlefield overture isn't an attack, just a buff, and it can be used purely for support. I truly feel like music is more of a life talent than a combat one. Just my opinion '^'
    MetalChaos
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    I've got r1 in all of 'em and I hate them all. >:C
  • SeikoSeiko
    MissDevichi

I've got r1 in all of 'em and I hate them all. >:C

MetalChaos
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I was split between Non-combat music and carpentry.
    I chose the music option because I'm a music nerd. Lol
    I love playing and listening to music.
    (Too bad I can't play anything irl)
    Crimsọn
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I would have picked Tailoring (cause neq clothes <3) but unfortunately we are quite limited in what we can make since many of the good sewing patterns came from an old gacha that hasn't made a return. Thankfully, the Samhain released a pretty cool robe pattern so hopefully we'll be seeing more patterns in the future as well.

In the end I decided on Cooking because it's really fun to share food in a group and see everyone's reactions when they get a delicious food cutscene.
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    I agree with all the cooking! I am new to the talent but find it rather fun~ My second would be music since it got a revamp when I already thought it was amazing.
    Seiko
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    Magic craft. It's not there, it doesn't have a talent associated it - but it's the life talent for masochists and therefore my favourite because it's... the only one I actually ranked to r1. After doing that, I doubt any other life skill ( besides Hillwen ) could be worse.

honestly I consider it the mythical difficulty life talent because it has no actual talent associated with it, and therefore you're pretty much stuck grinding it out until you either reach r1 or die trying.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Music because at no point while ranking it did I think "Man, jumping off a cliff sounds terrific right about now".
    Seiko
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I like tailoring, but I hated ranking the skill after I got rank 4. And I can't stand the neglect tailoring gets... so much wasted potential. :'(