Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the June Renovation Season 5 Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92024/june-renovation-season-5-update-patch-notes-june-6th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Sadness ;; (Can a mod close this please)

Comments

  • DarkHyperShadowDarkHyperShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Amelina wrote: »
    I'm not saying you don't but if they're like desperate for it and ask you again after you say no it can't hurt to just give it to them....and time? Really? Like what AT MOST 30 seconds if you lag. I'm more than certain there have been times every single Mabinogi player EVEN THE GM'S PROBABLY have stood around doing absolutely nothing for more than 30 minutes. You're telling me it's hard to sacrifice like 10 seconds to give something to someone in need?

    I realize you have the right to but if they truly want it it's rather painful to them to have the chance right there yet be denied.

    PS: I also realize we should blame Nexon for this but if they DON'T change it we ourselves can by just "wasting" 5 seconds of our lives for someone. I mean you wasted who knows how much time replying to me, so what's the difference on the time you'd be spending to give them the item. I'm not even talking about just dyes, as mentioned by others there are other items that have this issue, dyes are just the one item that have this problem the most.

    from personal experience. i have had shops open up for days selling items that people "want" or "need' for days on end. and then as soon as soon as i give up selling said item and i drop it then people want to get it from me. i could be selling it for 1/4th the price of what everyone is selling it for and still no one would buy it. there has also been plenty of times where people said they want something from me but when i put a price on it they dont want to pay for. maybe this person is tired of people being two faced. he even give hand outs to random. you cant just say he's part of the issue if he's also being part of the solution.

    in short: you should just buy things when someone actually has it on sale or actually try and bargain with them at least.
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 298
    Member
    I kind of think my thread went off topic lol. I was just stating that I wished we could pick up dyes when they're dropped. I actually have been searching shops every day since I've found this specific color, and I finally, FINALLY found ONE (literally one) that I did buy last night. I have nothing against sellers, I have nothing against a player dropping their items for space or whatever, I'm just saying I wish Nexon would let us pick up the dyes if no one wants them, someone else might have a use for them o3o
    DarkHyperShadow
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    Amelina wrote: »
    I'm not saying you don't but if they're like desperate for it and ask you again after you say no it can't hurt to just give it to them....and time? Really? Like what AT MOST 30 seconds if you lag. I'm more than certain there have been times every single Mabinogi player EVEN THE GM'S PROBABLY have stood around doing absolutely nothing for more than 30 minutes. You're telling me it's hard to sacrifice like 10 seconds to give something to someone in need?

    I realize you have the right to but if they truly want it it's rather painful to them to have the chance right there yet be denied.

    PS: I also realize we should blame Nexon for this but if they DON'T change it we ourselves can by just "wasting" 5 seconds of our lives for someone. I mean you wasted who knows how much time replying to me, so what's the difference on the time you'd be spending to give them the item. I'm not even talking about just dyes, as mentioned by others there are other items that have this issue, dyes are just the one item that have this problem the most.

    Most people are not outright jerks. Most people do not ask.

    Your argument rests on being cynical. I was referring to the method of setting up a party to advertise to advertise free dyes, as well as asking guildies, not the contemptuous behavior of cutting the nose to spite the face, which is rarer than you think, even on the internet.

    It is more than 5 seconds to trade. You have to find someone first who want THAT specific dye. Dyes are cheap enough at this point that anyone who does not buy it off the bat probably does not want that particular shade.
    GretaDarkHyperShadow
  • DarkHyperShadowDarkHyperShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Kryo wrote: »
    I kind of think my thread went off topic lol. I was just stating that I wished we could pick up dyes when they're dropped. I actually have been searching shops every day since I've found this specific color, and I finally, FINALLY found ONE (literally one) that I did buy last night. I have nothing against sellers, I have nothing against a player dropping their items for space or whatever, I'm just saying I wish Nexon would let us pick up the dyes if no one wants them, someone else might have a use for them o3o

    i completely agree. it is an issue that does need to be fixed and maybe one day Nexon/DevCat will actually set it up that way. sorry for the derailment XD
    Kryo
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    I should say sorry too, but congratulations on finding that dye Kyro. :)
    Kryo
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Posts: 797
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    @Hinotama
    I agree with @Greta and @Amelina. That is really rude. If you don't want it and someone asks for it there is no reason why you can't pick it up to give it to them.

    On another note. I also think they should allow you to pick up dyes off the ground. I see some pretty nice pinks on the ground sometimes and die a little inside.
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 298
    Member
    @DarkHyperShadow xD It's okay

    @Xiokun It's okay and Thanks :3
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    So what if I drop a ton of items somewhere in Iria? Is it rude if no one is around? Are you going to, once again, call me rude for droping items that NO ONE is entitled to because a few people say that anything drops is someone else's if they beg?
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 298
    Member
    j5ask5.jpg
    All those dyes ;; I could have tried to synth them or use some of them *cries* Nexon you need to let me pick them up.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Hinotama wrote: »
    So what if I drop a ton of items somewhere in Iria? Is it rude if no one is around? Are you going to, once again, call me rude for droping items that NO ONE is entitled to because a few people say that anything drops is someone else's if they beg?

    Such a rude and angry post... I would really like to see you in their shoes. Then you wouldn't talk this way. This is why new players don't stay long enough in this game. It's because of people like you.
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 298
    Member
    Can we stop with the being mean to each other? If no one is around then obviously it's not a problem, but if a player is politely asking, and not being an arse then it wouldn't kill anyone to trade. BUT it is also up to the player, they have the right to say no. I just had someone tell me I couldn't have those dyes as he was dropping them, I'm sad yes, but I'm not going to make a huge deal out of it. Unfortunately that's the way it is, even if we don't like it.
    GretaXiokunYokoti
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    Kryo wrote: »
    j5ask5.jpg
    All those dyes ;; I could have tried to synth them or use some of them *cries* Nexon you need to let me pick them up.

    Wow. You took a picture. I did that just so that someone would do this.
    KryoYokoti
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 298
    Member
    Ah, so you're the guy in the game xD sooo meaan to me :PP How daaaaare you xD
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »
    So what if I drop a ton of items somewhere in Iria? Is it rude if no one is around? Are you going to, once again, call me rude for droping items that NO ONE is entitled to because a few people say that anything drops is someone else's if they beg?

    Such a rude and angry post... I would really like to see you in their shoes. Then you wouldn't talk this way. This is why new players don't stay long enough in this game. It's because of people like you.

    Oh? It's because of people like me that cause people to quit the game? It's because of the people who are defending this lame reason to basically say "Give me whatever you drop because it is mine because I said so". Yeah... Totally my fault. There are other, more better reasons why people quit.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »
    So what if I drop a ton of items somewhere in Iria? Is it rude if no one is around? Are you going to, once again, call me rude for droping items that NO ONE is entitled to because a few people say that anything drops is someone else's if they beg?

    Such a rude and angry post... I would really like to see you in their shoes. Then you wouldn't talk this way. This is why new players don't stay long enough in this game. It's because of people like you.

    Oh? It's because of people like me that cause people to quit the game? It's because of the people who are defending this lame reason to basically say "Give me whatever you drop because it is mine because I said so". Yeah... Totally my fault. There are other, more better reasons why people quit.

    True, but this is not a reason to attack everyone and be rude af.
  • DarkHyperShadowDarkHyperShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »
    So what if I drop a ton of items somewhere in Iria? Is it rude if no one is around? Are you going to, once again, call me rude for droping items that NO ONE is entitled to because a few people say that anything drops is someone else's if they beg?

    Such a rude and angry post... I would really like to see you in their shoes. Then you wouldn't talk this way. This is why new players don't stay long enough in this game. It's because of people like you.

    He's playing for both sides if you haven't paid attention to what was said. yes the post may have seemed rude but you cant just say he isn't helping people either. he does give out dyes and many other items to people. If a person feels like if its dropped hes not going to pick it up. at the end of the day it was his item. whether he wants to give it to someone after he's dropped it is totally his decision yea it seems rude but he still does things that balances out the rudeness.
    Kryo
  • PikalPikal
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Hino is sweet guy. But hes also sadist af and enjoy other people misery sometimes. He is just his own little spice of life. He is not a jerk though. Just ask him niceley, and if he still saids no, ill smack him for ya.
    KryoGretaPolicroma
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    Mods... Please close this thread.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Mods... Please close this thread.

    For what reason? It calmed down for at least hour now. We are fine. Only OP can say such thing to Mods.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Posts: 2,795
    Member
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    @Hinotama
    I agree with @Greta and @Amelina. That is really rude. If you don't want it and someone asks for it there is no reason why you can't pick it up to give it to them.

    On another note. I also think they should allow you to pick up dyes off the ground. I see some pretty nice pinks on the ground sometimes and die a little inside.

    I am not saying it is not rude, I am saying that such a situation is quite rare. It is one thing to do it for your benefit, but another to act rude just because you can.
This discussion has been closed.