Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Personal Shops.

YokotiYokoti
Mabinogi Rep: 960
edited April 11, 2017 in General Chat
Don't you think some people are getting overboard with the prices on Personal Shops? Seriously, today I was searching the shops and I saw a dye ampoule that was 10m. I sell my ampoules for 100k. Sometimes if I'm in a nice mood 50k. Some people go overboard with prices though.....
  1. Do you think people should lower their prices for items?42 votes
    1. Yes.
       74% (31 votes)
    2. No
       26% (11 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    10m for a dye? Maybe the guy accidentally added that extra 0...
    Yokoti
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I got used to that honestly. What I can't get used to is when people put "cheap" in their title name when they're selling 2x, 3x the usual price. Like I just saw a shop that has cheap in its name and selling luxury bag for nearly 4m. At least that makes me laugh.
    CarlizeYokoti
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Can't fully blame them though. They used real life money to get that stuff, so of course they're gonna want as much money as they can get, but that's just how the market is. Everyone wants as much money as they can get when they sell. But it is your decision whether or not to buy. If no one buys their things, they're forced to lower their prices in fear of getting no money at all. If we all band together prices can be lower!
    GretaTwelieDaktaroAlofNeroyYokoti
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    He could've accidentally added another zero. Or did it on purpose.

This is indicative of nothing.
    GretaCrimsọnAlof
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Sometimes people put dyes in the shop for over prices because they are buying that same dye. Sometimes people put "buying this dye" in the shop and over price the dye so no one can buy it.
    AlofEMTchibi
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    People are free to price whatever they feel like. You are free to haggle with them. The whole idea of setting a price of your choice is what makes it so easy to make gold in the first place. Price limits also help this.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Certainly I don't like it, but try to understand that you don't know the situation of the seller. They may not even have ill will, but perhaps they got a bad deal and want their money back. Maybe they have something they want. maybe they spent 200 dollars on gacha and got hardly anything and just want to feel like it was worth. Of course, there's also greed involved, but in the end they want to profit like everyone else. It's the same with people who want a good deal: they want to feel like it was worth and they profited from the transaction.

I don't like when people overprice dyes I want and others WILL buy it, so I guess I just don't get the dye. I can abstain and be relatively ok with it, but it still sucks to hunt for something I see as reasonably priced. However, I'm also not the type to note about prices because I'm socially inept and like to avoid conversations, so that's on me, not the seller.

I have had really bad experiences with sellers in the past, however. There needs to be a certain level of professionalism in transactions where I don't have people swearing at me because I want a discount, but I also get that when I refuse to lower the price. More courtesy, please. :^(
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Xiokun wrote: »
    If no one buys their things, they're forced to lower their prices in fear of getting no money at all. If we all band together prices can be lower!

I understand, but as long as there are people willing to buy "overpriced" things, there's not really going to be change. There will be that group of people regardless of attempts. The people who want good deals already probably won't buy expensive things until they cave because there aren't any lower prices, as well. It's a battle on both sides that needs patience.
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    pet aoe shop search could use a price range option

but seriously, curiosity isn't guaranteed to pay off.
    By clicking the shop kit I have already accepted that my time could be wasted, this is a flea market freedom.
    This is a pretty common market "scam". Add an extra zero, wait for someone to buy it, you made 10x your amount. If they made any indication of the price (S>150k Blue Dye) with the blue dye costing 1.5 million, you should notify them on the assumption of a price mislabel. If they are doing it on purpose...well, I do not know the ToS in reference.

Hence, why it is not indicative of anything. People add extra zeroes by mistake or for more insidious reasons. They are not "market prices".
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited April 11, 2017
    This is a pretty common market "scam". Add an extra zero, wait for someone to buy it, you made 10x your amount. If they made any indication of the price (S>150k Blue Dye) with the blue dye costing 1.5 million, you should notify them on the assumption of a price mislabel. If they are doing it on purpose...well, I do not know the ToS in reference.

Hence, why it is not indicative of anything. People add extra zeroes by mistake or for more insidious reasons. They are not "market prices".

You do have a point an extra 0, or 1 less is VERY easy to do in this game as it seems the devs are terrified senseless of ,'s. A lot of times I have to re-read, and put my thumb up to the screen to manually block out every 3 numbers to make sure the price is right.

As for prices those are up to the individual you are free to, or not to shop at any persons stall. Seen so many times on these forums people complain about prices of (sometimes insanely) rare gacha items, but don't spend a penny on them. As for a fixed dye dunno maybe the person has an infatuation with the particular color(I've seen strange pricing from some people on certain colors), and feels it is worth it, it was a typo, or a scam its hard to tell.

I've seen dye shops with the junk colors from synthing with prices set to 300k per dye, and next day I walk by none were sold, and prices are the same where I have the same dye shades set to 8k, and can't even sell them(seriously I have 8 for sale over 24 hours, and not one sold even for people wanting to synth with them). Then I love the arbitrary pricing on some shops one shade is 300k, a shade that is almost the same is 40k right next to it.
    edited April 11, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »

You do have a point an extra 0, or 1 less is VERY easy to do in this game as it seems the devs are terrified senseless of ,'s. A lot of times I have to re-read, and put my thumb up to the screen to manually block out every 3 numbers to make sure the price is right.

As for prices those are up to the individual you are free to, or not to shop at any persons stall. Seen so many times on these forums people complain about prices of (sometimes insanely) rare gacha items, but don't spend a penny on them. As for a fixed dye dunno maybe the person has an infatuation with the particular color(I've seen strange pricing from some people on certain colors), and feels it is worth it, it was a typo, or a scam its hard to tell.

I've seen dye shops with the junk colors from synthing with prices set to 300k per dye, and next day I walk by none were sold, and prices are the same where I have the same dye shades set to 8k, and can't even sell them(seriously I have 8 for sale over 24 hours, and not one sold even for people wanting to synth with them). Then I love the arbitrary pricing on some shops one shade is 300k, a shade that is almost the same is 40k right next to it.

I find it hard to have two typos at once (One for the shop title, another for the dye itself), especially since you can say 150k or 1.5 Mil rather easily compared to 1500000 you have to enter in the tag. I think everyone makes mistakes once in while, and if it is obvious, they may want to be notified via private message, lest someone does accuse the seller of intentional scamming.
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Some people are Cray. I sold a shieldless charge reforged in my shop 2l, when I got back on I found it in another shop for 10m. I wish the best of luck and curses upon them.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited April 12, 2017
    Some people are Cray. I sold a shieldless charge reforged in my shop 2l, when I got back on I found it in another shop for 10m. I wish the best of luck and curses upon them.

Well that is called capitalism.
    In the past when I sold Holy waters day in, and day out for 35k a stack I remember someone opening a shop right next to mine for 15k I bought him completely out turned around, and resold every one for 35k within 4 hours. I've also seen people throw stuff up insanely cheap to clear out their inventory, bought their stuff, and threw 1 or 2 more 0's on their price, and sold it in a few hours.
    I've had the same happen to me throw something up too cheap get it bought to see it later in another shop for 2-3 times more as that is what the person saw the value at.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Buying low selling high isn't dirty at all. I don't have the most time in the world to play, so that's where most of my gold comes from. The only times I've felt bad doing it is, when the seller misses a digit. When the frozen heart gacha came out I bought 6 (I think it was black fog?) es's for 1m each, and resold for 3-5m a month later. I doubt that dye was intentionally priced like that too, I've added an extra zero several times by mistake.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Is it possible the dye could have been a Wings of Tuan dye? They look just like regular amps so I often think people are crazy until I read it's a wing dye.
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    lidiya wrote: »
    A lot of times I have to re-read, and put my thumb up to the screen to manually block out every 3 numbers to make sure the price is right.
    ^ I do this also, Pricing my items get me paranoid. :D

Buying low, selling high is normal.
    Sometimes people think it's unfair, but is it really? They chose the price they wanted to sell at. Isn't anyone's fault if say, I were to come and buy it, yet throw it into my shop directly after for a little more. They got the money they were asking for, if they want to be upset about it, they should have asked around for pricing.
    But this is just my opinion..

As for the dye, It could be an accident. It's extremely easy to add/forget an extra 0 to your pricing. I've done it before. I've witnessed others do it before.
    This is why I'm crossing my fingers that one day we'll get comma's (Which should have already been implemented a long ago, I feel..)
    But if the dye price was intentional, you can't really do/say anything about it.
    There will always be those people who throw stuff in a shop for whatever price they feel, regardless of what everyone else is selling at. :/
  • Rietty_KitttyRietty_Kittty
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Just buy the 100k dye and quit whining. They don't have to lower prices if they don't want to.
    XiokunGreta
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Just buy the 100k dye and quit whining. They don't have to lower prices if they don't want to.

100k dyes are pretty cheap. I see a lot of dyes for 800k and up for the good colors.
    Neroy
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 13, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »

100k dyes are pretty cheap. I see a lot of dyes for 800k and up for the good colors.

I manage to find good colors for 20-200k.