Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Curious Raid Idea

xninjabluexxninjabluex
Mabinogi Rep: 640
in Feedback and Suggestions
Despite the newer generations moving away from Deity's, I'm curious about a raid between us Milletians and and those above us.
It was just a random struck curiosity honestly. Your thoughts?
SFEHNn8.png

Comments

• NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Its a cool concept but it would make sense if the races had class limits because by now im pretty sure some people can solo 1 raid with the given time. They could always revamp the old raids and make them more tempting to join or add certain bonus to every class that defines them in raids and such.I guess in a way like Vindictus where anybody can stun, certain amount of feths, Parries and counters, using the environment to add stun, kinda like a more detailed Grig raid except they should keep the quests, I hate doing 20 man raids with like 8 people leeching. To make it short, it would be awesome but it'll need to have a bit more difficulty and be more detailed than our current raids
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Neroy wrote: »
    Its a cool concept but it would make sense if the races had class limits because by now im pretty sure some people can solo 1 raid with the given time. They could always revamp the old raids and make them more tempting to join or add certain bonus to every class that defines them in raids and such.I guess in a way like Vindictus where anybody can stun, certain amount of feths, Parries and counters, using the environment to add stun, kinda like a more detailed Grig raid except they should keep the quests, I hate doing 20 man raids with like 8 people leeching. To make it short, it would be awesome but it'll need to have a bit more difficulty and be more detailed than our current raids

Not sure which server you're on, but on alex I stop attacking dragons once I get my points so others have a chance to get them. I like to think I'm helping.
    GretaBlissfulkillxninjabluex
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 13, 2017
    Would be also cool if these raids happen in Falias/Soul Stream. (Also i think this should in Feedback and Suggestions section?)
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    a raid against nao though? kinda curious what that would be like
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 13, 2017
    Venenatis wrote: »

Not sure which server you're on, but on alex I stop attacking dragons once I get my points so others have a chance to get them. I like to think I'm helping.

Yeah i do so too. Because in Alexina there are always so much people in dragon raids, most dragons get killed so fast i rarely manage to max contribution. You can always find around 15-20 people and on weekends we have like 30+ players around there and it gets extremely laggy by then.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Venenatis wrote: »

God bless you. I do not do that much damage.
  • xninjabluexxninjabluex

Greta mentioned below that we could use Falias/the soul stream.
    Perhaps the frags can be revamped to support 16-man raid party's so the devs can make the battle more intense as opposed to an easy 8-man dps slaughter. Not only that, people can;t simply just leech as you've mentioned, otherwise labeled as lazy and be kicked from future runs by the party-leader.

I'm liking the way you brought up the stuns however. I'm an active Blade and Soul player so I'm familiar with the stun.counter combo's you've stated. Similar to girgashy, certain team mates are required to play a certain role to counter an incoming powerful attack, stun the boss after successfully countering the attack and proceed with a heavy counter-attack/limited-time de-buff that can be co-ordinated to be taken advantage of. Gods are known to unknown abilities, so my concern would be the spam of pets such as clouds. My opinion would be to disable summons and make crucial party-healing viable again / a powerful ranked Shield of Trust can also heal a certain amount of HP for a select couple.
    Greta wrote: »
    Would be also cool if these raids happen in Falias/Soul Stream. (Also i think this should in Feedback and Suggestions section?)

It would indeed make the bank part-time job and falias fragments more valuable again. Somethign to give new players an easy chance at gold as opposed to holy water~
    White/Black Dragon raids offer materials to craft the Languhiris/Bhafel Slayer Armor sets and the Bhafel Hunter/Huntress. Girgashiy also rewards Divine weapon drops in rare occasions, or more commonly, bestow the mats to craft higher-tier rolls
    We've been introduced to: Celtic Weapons, Demonic Weapons, Divine Weapons, Fomor Weapons and Legendary Weapons. A new class could be possible? Perhaps "Mythical"? It's an open option :3

(I think I should've considered that possibility before posting. I only hope a mod will see this and could bump this post into the right section <3)
    Greta
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    nevyn25 wrote: »

Yeah, I was just thinking that these characters wouldn't realistically fight together against us.

Nao would probably just sit on the sidelines, maybe put down a cater feast for us and hand out juice boxes to exhausted milletians.

Morrighan, Cichol and Neamhain might work together a bit, but every once in a while (maybe when one of them hits another by mistake) they'd suddenly start fighting among themselves.

Macha and Nuadha would probably just try to kill everyone.

Anyway, to discuss this idea more seriously, I just don't think there are enough details to discuss. When I read this, I imagine a shadow mission against the gods as we've seen them so far: just walls of HP that stand still and spam demigod skills (and Smash in Naudha's case). That sounds megaboring. I'm not saying there shouldn't be neat content featuring the gods, but there are a lot of forms that could take, and this is the first thing that comes to mind, given what we've seen of the gods so far. In my opinion, it isn't a good idea to directly involve them in any repeatable content, without a really good idea in mind beforehand. You'll just ruin their specialness and/or their characters.

*Looks wistfully at Ruairi and Tarlach* (OK, not quite the same situation, but their characters were brutally murdered)

I would like to see them re-enter the story though. It'd be neat if they came back to help us deal with the Prophets and/or whatever they set upon us. Maybe they could have factions for us to join, and we could do raids/quests or get corresponding skills and buffs according to which one we join.

I've even been thinking about some kind of Divine Damage system, so maybe there could be something like that. Something to explain why the Girgashy and Gods can't be damaged ordinarily, and maybe a new set of perks to give to players as well.
  • xninjabluexxninjabluex
    nevyn25 wrote: »

Yeah, I was just thinking that these characters wouldn't realistically fight together against us.

Nao would probably just sit on the sidelines, maybe put down a cater feast for us and hand out juice boxes to exhausted milletians.

Morrighan, Cichol and Neamhain might work together a bit, but every once in a while (maybe when one of them hits another by mistake) they'd suddenly start fighting among themselves.

Macha and Nuadha would probably just try to kill everyone.

Anyway, to discuss this idea more seriously, I just don't think there are enough details to discuss. When I read this, I imagine a shadow mission against the gods as we've seen them so far: just walls of HP that stand still and spam demigod skills (and Smash in Naudha's case). That sounds megaboring. I'm not saying there shouldn't be neat content featuring the gods, but there are a lot of forms that could take, and this is the first thing that comes to mind, given what we've seen of the gods so far. In my opinion, it isn't a good idea to directly involve them in any repeatable content, without a really good idea in mind beforehand. You'll just ruin their specialness and/or their characters.

*Looks wistfully at Ruairi and Tarlach* (OK, not quite the same situation, but their characters were brutally murdered)

I would like to see them re-enter the story though. It'd be neat if they came back to help us deal with the Prophets and/or whatever they set upon us. Maybe they could have factions for us to join, and we could do raids/quests or get corresponding skills and buffs according to which one we join.

I've even been thinking about some kind of Divine Damage system, so maybe there could be something like that. Something to explain why the Girgashy and Gods can't be damaged ordinarily, and maybe a new set of perks to give to players as well.

To be honest, I actually threw Nao into the picture to fill the gap, but now that I look back, I could've just filled the rest of the area with a black paint, zzzz~

On a serious note, I can see where your coming from. There would have to be a reason to suddenly bring them back. Bad scripting would feel too forceful.
    Ideally, I wouldn't want them to be walls of HP that spam a couple skills either...we would just be facing a BD raid all over again. While story-line content featuring the return of the gods helping us deal with the prophets and maybe expanding our demi-god skills to combat the on-coming threat would be amazing in my opinion...it's once the content has finished, I feel slightly depressed. The Final fight in both G12 and Saga II were among my favorites because I was experiencing a new form of content in a matter of speaking.
    The raid would have to make sense ideally. Then there's the matter of functionality. Specific boss patterns, deadly AoE attacks, aggressive summon adds, traps/puzzles that need interrupting.

If the shadow mission wasn't unique, required skill and rewarding, i feel like the community wouldn't engage after the first two weeks after launch. You could even expand the benefits of choosing which demigod side you choose, with new readily available perks/skills (This could influence the value of the Nuadha set also)
    Story wise...Both Milletians and Prophets have something in common; we belong from another world/universe. Could the gods, specifically Morrighan maybe, expand on that. Maybe the truth about the Apostles weakness lies outside Erinn.

This all sounded okay in my head until I wrote it down xD