Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Peria

PannyaPannya
Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
edited December 22, 2016 in Town Square
I guess this will be my first topic on the new forum.

I still think that the textures they are using make the game look old and cheap, it would be nice to change them for more detailed ones.
Ktty
  1. Will you give this game a chance in case we get it?2 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (1 vote)
    2. No
       50% (1 vote)
    3. Maybe...
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    I love the style they chose for the game. It's sort of like Mabinogi, and it will age well.
  • TreepTreep
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,930
    To me feels like Dark Cloud 2 Georama in a MMO, cant wait for it :D
  • MizumieMizumie
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    edited December 20, 2016
    I've been following Peria ever since the first announcement came out. Not sure how long it'll be until it comes to NA, they seem to be moving really slowly, but I'm really looking forward to when we do get to play it.

Gotta get them GOURD PEOPLE (See: top video, about 3 minutes in)
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Everyone who has ever played Mabinogi has been keeping an eye on Peria Chronicles for a long time.

It's quite highly anticipated. But the hype is low because we know how long it takes for these sort of games to get over here. It may never come at all.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Zarozian
    Zarozian said:

Everyone who has ever played Mabinogi has been keeping an eye on Peria Chronicles for a long time.

It's quite highly anticipated. But the hype is low because we know how long it takes for these sort of games to get over here. It may never come at all.
    Yup STILL waiting for PSO2 to come to the US. Sega only said like 4 years ago it would be soon(even though they have a complete english translation for SEA)...
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    edited December 20, 2016
    lidiya
    Lidiya said:

Yup STILL waiting for PSO2 to come to the US. Sega only said like 4 years ago it would be soon(even though they have a complete english translation for SEA)...<</p>
    I thought they brought PSO2 over to NA but pulled it because of too many hackers?

Anyways, Peria looks beautiful and just imagine if Mabi had Peria's graphics. I think it'd be amazing.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 20, 2016
    MissFortune

I love the style they chose for the game. It's sort of like Mabinogi, and it will age well.
    Yeah, I love the fact that we can work with other players towards building towns and we can set NPCs up on our own. I hope the Cash Shop model will be decent, as they did show a few outfits on the first webpage style. Hopefully NPCs will work a bit like Mabi's Partner System, only so much more indepth and involved after buying and placing one. They haven't shown much on the housing feature, but I look forward to the interior we can build on our own. The part about building the actual buildings looked a bit interesting, but there didn't seem to be much to it.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    I have no idea who the two NPC guides in the videos are or what they're saying, but please Nexon translate it... the reactions look so funny.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    DCdeus said:

I still think that the textures they are using make the game look old and cheap, it would be nice to change them for more detailed ones.
    They just need to polish up the animations and get rid of all the clipping, then it won't be so bad.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I wish they could make Mabinogi look like this. I can't wait for this game. :D
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Xiokun
    Xiokun said:

I wish they could make Mabinogi look like this. I can't wait for this game. :D
    I would play Mabi more if we did get Peria Chronicles style graphics, they just seem so bright. Although getting all the old styles revamped would be just fine too.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    lidiya
    Lidiya said:

Zarozian
    Zarozian said:

Yup STILL waiting for PSO2 to come to the US. Sega only said like 4 years ago it would be soon(even though they have a complete english translation for SEA)...
    There is a tweaker for PSO2 that patches it in English for you
  • SaiannaSaianna
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    edited December 20, 2016
    I've been so excited for Peria! I wish it was already out... But with everything that is planned for Peria.. well seems like it's a really hard job. I can't wait to see what the final product will be!
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited December 21, 2016
    Berryswirl

lidiya
    Lidiya said:

Zarozian
    Zarozian said:

There is a tweaker for PSO2 that patches it in English for you
    Yea... no I tried playing on the japanese server many years ago with those PITA english patches... wasted so much time it wasn't funny spent more time trying to get the thing to run with them then anything till I just gave up. Then I read they also IP blocked everyone outside Japan, and now you need a Japanese proxy to play.

As for it coming to the US it never did. They supposedly did a closed test, and abandoned it due to people hacking. I say supposedly cause it seems no more then a rumor, and how would people hack a closed beta that they would have to give you access to... The last update on the US page for it says COMING SOON from 2012. I also saw a post from january this year that someone asked SEGA Europe(I believe) if it was ever coming, and the rep said they were looking into it, but the difficulty localizing it into English was holding it up... yup not like the SEA English version exists so hard to translate from English to English only Sega could fudge it up.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    the only thing i ask of this game is that they give me a lot of freedom, i can get use to the crappy textures as a long and i have enough freedom, i dont want to be tied to a class, i want to change my style whatever i feel like it, i want to craft and build my own stuff, i want to fight on my own way so i can feel i am actually playing a game (that is why i was against the battle system they show on the first pv, automatic battles are extremly boring), etc...
This discussion has been closed.