Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Where is everyone? Am I missing something?

LamiarisLamiaris
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Alexina Chat
When I was making my human character I saw that Alexina had a fairly... decent population (in comparison to the other three servers). However, now that I'm on my old elf that I had before the human character, I'm... dumbfounded. I've hardly seen other people, if any at all (aside from the stray uuber-gear high-skilled guys wandering about) and the places I've wandered (mostly the first continent for humans) are virtual ghost towns. I'm a little confused; am I missing something? Where does everyone congregate and do groups form and whatnot?
Or is everything kind of secluded and relegated to guilds and whatnot? Hope the phrasing doesn't come across as rude. I'm genuinely curious and it's... kinda lonely just wandering around on my own xD

Comments

• CraftkidCraftkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Well Channel 1 Dunby and Belvast are full of all the shops
    A large number of people seem to gather at Tail Altar for Shadow Missions

In channel 4 you get all the Indonesians hanging out there for some reason, maybe four is a nice number
    Channel 6 is lively sometimes

The main locations for gathering are Dunby and Tir...
    Iria is like a deserted wasteland, you will find people scattered in one or two here and there

Emain Macha, Tara and Tail all big cities but...

Emain Macha usually lively on weekends when everyone goes there for the Music Jam Sessions
    Tara is rather large and for some reason is empty unless people go to banquet to gather for the 1 hour of free xp and chance to win random item
    Tail is an alchemy place, so people just go there to use the dry ovens if they do not have a homestead with one
    Though mostly people just camp out by Tail Altar waiting to spam shadow missions, especially Conflict...

Bangor... all the blacksmiths ocassionally go there for training...
    Cobh... if there was not an event there and a few random quests, that port would be completely deserted...

Iria, such a large continent probably 3 to 4 maybe more times larger then the human continent, with no shop areas and shadow mission altars, unless there is something specific in a dungeon no one goes there except for exploration experience and dailies...

This is all I know from my experience though, you might need to ask the pro's if you want to get a more accurate view
  • XerterXerter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    edited April 15, 2017
    I have played Mabinogi now for like 4-5 Years. And I noticed, that there aren't that many active Players, like there where some years ago.

And this was my main reason to leave Mabinogi for like 6 Months. But nothing changed.
    I fairly see new Players. Maybe it's just me or I play at the wrong time but I think Mabinogi is about to die.

Only 1-3 Person from my to-long Friendlist are online. That also indicate that there is something odd.

I miss the times when you came to Dunby and you met someone New or your Friends. I miss the big Commerce Partys. I'm meeting someone completely new.

I mean less last interesting events where the 8th Anniversary Event in summer '16 and Doki-Doki Event Spring '16. But since than nothing exiting happened. And I think that's the reason why Mabinogi is loosing a lot of Player.

And I think Nexon realised that too. There is a reason why there is the "Returning Bonus Event". But I can't image that this is the right solution.

But I'll stand until this game is Dead and carry on the legend of the most exciting MMORPG that there ever was!
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    From my experience with Mabi it goes in stages or generations. What it feels like is another generation is dying out, and you're seeing a trickle of new players forming a new generation in Mabi. Wait until schools are out and kids are home for the summer, it'll pick back up then.
    As for right now, you're seeing players spam Conflict at Tail, or running Martial Arts.
    This comes from a long standing and active playing history on my part. It may just be coincidence or misinterpretation on my part. Personally, I'm not nearly as active as I once was. I have a couple of Master Talents to finish, but for the most part it is repetitive skills that are boring. Less than 1000 AP required to max all the skills, and currently have just over 7k AP to do it.
    Sometimes I have to wonder how many people in this game actually remember me or my guild. Used to be well known, and run a largish guild with a strange name.
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Ya the game has been slowly losing players for a while. It has a pretty loyal player base. Most of the people that play have been around for at least a few years if not more. I started in 2010ish. But that's the thing, the game doesn't really get new players. I see maybe a one or two but most are just rerolling. You could blame it on a lot of things which I probably don't need to list. You know how I learned about this game? An ad. That's right this game once had advertising and I don't think I've seen one since. I'm not what they could do to help increase new players but if they don't the game will die. It will be slow but it'll happen. But on the bright side I got to pet a puppy today!
  • CynicalxCynicalx
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Well I got a guild that we've just started up. It's got mainly newer players, but some higher levels to help out. My ign is Cynicalx if you want to play sometimes? :3
This discussion has been closed.