Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Graphic error?

CalistinCalistin
Mabinogi Rep: 700
in Technical Support
I've been playing Mabi for a number of years, first on a computer that struggled to run it, and I would get this error message on start up warning that the graphics card was not up to snuff. A few years ago I upgraded to a new computer that was several times more powerful, still the error message persisted on start up. Despite the persistence of the error message, I have never had a problem with the performance of the game, provided the internet was steady and the area/ channel I was playing in Mabi was not super crowded.

This past Saturday night I was fiddling with the resolution in an effort to get all the inventory space to fit nicely on the screen and decided to mess with a few other graphic settings to see if I could dull the lag while in a crowded area at the same time. I changed the resolution from 1360 x 768 to 1366 x 768, and decreased the color rendering since I have a hard time noticing differences in similar colors anyway. Neither provided a distinguishable difference and I forgot about it, logged off and shut the computer down and went to bed. Sunday night when I tried to log in, I got the typical error message about the graphics card, but this time it was quickly followed with a new one: "The graphics card installed on your system does not support critical functions required to run the game. The program will no longer run."

First I double checked to ensure no new update had occurred, then checked my computer resolution to make sure that hadn't gotten messed with for some reason. Then I tried to repair the Mabi install on the Nexon launcher, even uninstall and reinstall, then uninstall, delete leftover cache, and reinstall. I figured something about my fiddling with the graphics has caused the problem, but I am at a loss to how to get the data and reset to default. Anyone got a work around?

Comments

• TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    That is definitely an annoying issue to encounter. Fortunately, it is one that the devs have though of and include a file located in your mabinogi folder called default.reg. Running this will return all the graphical settings to their defaults and should allow you to launch the game. If that doesn't work then perhaps using alt+enter to leave full screen and make adjustments, if it will let you.
    Due to the way that Mabinogi's performance is limited, it is not going to provide you a tangible boost in performance with a resolution or color depth change. If you're looking for more performance, you're really limited to finding a machine that has a higher single thread performance than what you currently have.
    Good luck!