Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Who is handling your news section, Nexon?

LiyenLiyen
Mabinogi Rep: 835
edited January 25, 2017 in Town Square
K Nexon, we need to talk.

Not only have you actually forsaken the Event section[1] (March 03, 2016 was our last event, guys.), you guys keep ninja editing your dates.

We even have unclear dates[2] due to ninja edits on mission point monthly time remaining shown in-game and for some reason NO edits on the actual event page. (Does it end on Dec. 20, or Dec. 28[3] for the 20 RB monthlies?)

And now you have the balls to claim this[4] started on Dec. 20? This started when you released MusicQ back at Dec. 15. I went nuts looking for any indication that this was on or not last week. And while we're at this, this post[5] used to say the "After ranking up a Music Skill, you will automatically gain +10 EXP for the next skill level" portion as well for a grand total of 10 minutes.

How much are you paying the person doing this, because I'll do it for you.

Edit: Adding links here because html is disabled.
[1] http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Events
[2] http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/3/00J13/mission-point-event-returns
[3] http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/3/00J1F/timed-rebirth-event
[4] http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00J2J/music-skill-booster-event
[5] http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/2/00J1w/all-skill-booster-event
GretaCrimsọnSherri

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    First of all, please tone down the language. That could get you in trouble with the moderator.

It appears that the posts just simply haven't been tagged for the Events Tab, but they do show up when you select All and Announcements.

Mission Point is set to end tonight, so it'll probably just poof when 12AM PST rolls around like the event did when it first started and difficulties arose. TIMED REBIRTH is a different event entirely. You log in, stay for 36 hours iirc, and you get a rebirth potion. It is NOT the same one related to the previous Mission Point event and Sabina has already stated this.

I'm not sure why they would re-issue the Music Skill bonus notice. Maybe they weren't supposed to put out the bonus when they did and refreshed the notice instead. I do agree there have been some issues with the notices, like unclear language and the like though.
    Aichann
  • JackieeJackiee
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    Nexon has been pretty bad with events lately, and I didn't even know there was an actual gachapon until now. Lmao, I spent all my NX on the shuffle. GG
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Jackiee
    Jackiee said:

Nexon has been pretty bad with events lately, and I didn't even know there was an actual gachapon until now. Lmao, I spent all my NX on the shuffle. GG
    It was just added to the NX shop today after the maintenance.

• JackieeJackiee
    edited December 20, 2016
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Jackiee
    Jackiee said:

It was just added to the NX shop today after the maintenance.

Then why did I see people with parties up buying the wigs and stuff before then..? I don't think I got to see an announcement for the gachapon coming out, therefore wasted all my NX on shuffle before gachapon was released.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    because people originally thought they came with the outfit sets in the shuffle gacha

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    There were two gachas on the KR website, even complete outfit sets on the Cash Shop. Too bad Nexon NA never told us we'd be getting everything in phases.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 20, 2016
    Wow, really? There was? They probably live under a rock...
  • JackieeJackiee
    edited December 20, 2016
    Greta
    Greta said:

Wow, really? There was? They probably live under a rock...
    Yes, I did see people trying to buy the wigs in Mari server lol, and since I didn't see any gachapon I assumed they came in the shuffle
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Darkpixie99

...Too bad Nexon NA never told us we'd be getting everything in phases.
    Actually it had been asked and Sabina herself had said that the wigs and ears would be out soon after the shuffle card. And please don't ask for link b/c I won't go looking for it now.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I literally just saw the new gachas. Oh boy, more gotchapons.
    So exciting.
    Yay.
    Though I'd love some surprise holiday outfit bags. OuO
  • AichannAichann
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Jackiee
    Jackiee said:

If it makes you feel any better, the gachapon I bought didn't even show up in my account. I went to live support and they had me make a ticket so rip my chances of opening any gacha today. x'D
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    The event section is a sorta eh issue since most events are always pasted on the front page of the home site anyway. Still a problem that htey don't tag anything into it, but not really all that bad compared to the ninja edits you pointed out.
    The ninja edits that only change information within the post need to stop. Whenever they extend something, the event page needs to be updated and they need to update the quick glance thing on the homepage to also say the event was extend to X date. They should be putting event dates on the quick glance summaries anyway.
    Daktaro
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    @Leinei was it because they said balls? Lol.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    LOL they moved this thread from General to Town Square section. GG trying to hide this Nexon.
    Daktaro
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Liyen
    Liyen said:

How much are you paying the person doing this, because I'll do it for you.
    I've said a similar thing before too lol. Honestly the announcements have been pretty bad recently. It's like whoever is writing them is either super misinformed and has to like.. guess content or they just don't care.
    Not adding events into event section - sure it isn't super major but it just further highlights the lack of attention to detail going on and makes it seem like staff in charge are just throwing announcements up without much care.

I asked about Mission Points end date back on the 16th and a task force member replied that it wasn't extended. Then 2-3 more threads got made about it, some merged some didn't. But people were confused on whether the event would end before or after maint, and Sabina only confirmed AFTER the maint had already happened. If a staff member could have confirmed the end time immediately when those threads were posted, people could have known they had longer to save points before spending them.
    Apparently the reason for monthly time being longer than event duration was last time when monthly hit 0 days the entire interface greyed out so people couldn't cash their points when the event was supposed to still be active. So someone said in another thread the monthly date change was to counter that issue. All of the confusion could have been avoided with a simple disclaimer or explanation on the event announcement, but no :\
    (It ends 7am Dec 21 PST btw)

Yeah... they just deleted that part "you will automatically gain +10 EXP for the next skill level" from the skill lifter event page when they heard it wasn't working rather than trying to fix it. They only deleted it from the announcement though not the sticky thread in forums.

There's just been a lot of vagueness, bad translations, leaving out useful information, ninja edits like you said and yeah general messiness. For example there were inaccuracies with the rewards list for the Treasure Box event recently, which I pointed out and even wrote the entire correct rewards list out myself.. but it never got properly updated :c only half-done with some problems still in the announcement.

It hurts.................. so hope there can be some improvements and step up the game in terms of announcements. I'm also hoping they will integrate the forums into the main site like the old forums. It's awkward being on a kind of separate page without links to shop/support/news and like nexon tracker at the top etc. Developer posts is nice though.

Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 21, 2016
    I have to agree, the core staff has poor communication with the announcement staff. They always have over the last decade. It's time to change that.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    No one. I swear. They have always, and I say, always been terrible at handing news on the website.
    Forum is where everything's at, but even that's not completely reliable.

I mean, with how terrible it is, they might as well save the money by completely deleting the front page, and fire the monkeys responsible for handling the site. It's clear that they don't know how to operate it.
    I don't know computing, but I know you actually hire people who does.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited December 21, 2016

I literally just saw the new gachas. Oh boy, more gotchapons.
    So exciting.
    Yay.
    Though I'd love some surprise holiday outfit bags. OuO
    Hopefully we get those soon, and not a re-release of old ones.

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 22, 2016
    Gaea said:

@Leinei was it because they said balls? Lol.
    There was a better way to put it.

Accusing Nexon of having the 'gall' or 'nerve' would be better. It gets the same point across without the potential for getting into trouble for inappropriate language.
  • LiyenLiyen
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    edited January 25, 2017
    Can you have them actually play this game and confirm information before putting it on the front page of the Mabinogi official website? Because very rarely do any of the posts, especially events, have accurate information.

"Small" examples:
    William post: 8x10 inventory? Where is it?

Winternogi: >Blue/red Upgrade Gem. Sure.

Masterplan event: Pretty sure you ninja edited it a few days in, but it definitely did not say complete skill exp potions anywhere at the beginning. Also ninja edited numerous items, such as adding magic onto the table. At the very least you're trying to fix the rough draft of whoever made it. Although we learned in high (middle) school to publish final, proofread, and accurate drafts. But that's just my education, not sure about theirs.

Now some may argue I'm nitpicking. And you're right. I am. Small typos here and there, no problem, really. It just demonstrates an employee's complete lack of care of the game, that's all. But the William "typo" bugs me. What if someone bought it specifically because they legitimately thought it was an 8x10 inventory?

"but no other partners are like th-" shut up. This game is literally all about power creep this day and age, this would've been completely legit. This is $18. And while I for one did not buy it for this sake, this is a valid reason to buy the partner, and it is false advertising.

Now I will post this and watch this get moved to the town square once again. See you there folks.
    GretaDaktaro