Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stuck on Loading Screen

EBreezyEBreezy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
in Technical Support
I just returned to the game. I have been playing without an issue for few days. I logged out yesterday, forgot to do something so I attempted to log back in. Everything want fine until after I selected my character. Now, I'm stuck at on a the loading screen. The bar fills all the way up, the screen goes black and that's it. Sometimes the loading screen comes back, sometimes it just sits there. The music starts to play, as normal. Even the ticker tape scroll seems to start, but that gets frozen after a few letters.

The only thing I can do at this point is reboot. I can't even Clr+Alt+del out. I'm on Win10 on MSI laptop. I don't know if has anything to do with it, but my graphics card is failing to update. But, I've been ignoring that of a few days now because the game was working. Now, it's not so I figured I'd just throw that info out there just in case.

Thanks.

Comments

• EBreezyEBreezy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    Just adding that I can get into the rebirth screen. But, when I try to change my settings, everything freezes and the black screen comes back.

I think it has something to do with my settings. I was experiencing that shuttering issue that someone posted about earlier. I hadn't checked the forums yet and changed a bunch of video settings. The next time I tried to log in, I had those problems,

Is there a way to reset to default video settings before I go into the game? Like a config.ini file or something? I didn't see anything like that in my folder.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm not sure what else to do at this point.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    There is a filed called "default.reg" located in your Mabinogi folder. Running that file will restore your video settings to defaults. Alternatively, you could try leaving full screen if you're in that before loading into the world by pressing "alt+enter"