Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Noisy Animals

UberchaoUberchao
Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
edited April 29, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I guess they're called Mini-Gems, particularly the sheep and chickens. And they make a hell of a lot of noise, nonstop. Especially if one is browsing a housing board or sticking around in an area for any reason at all, the constant bleating/cheeping is incredibly annoying, moreso when the people in question tend to be AFK and can't be talked to about it.

My proposal is that these following-animal things are just muted. People loiter with them right in the middle of a crowded area and suddenly everyone gets the constant noise pollution. Turning off BGM or Instruments isn't much of a bother, but to turn off sound effects is much more of an annoyance when it should generally be on for the sake of combat, hearing when attacks are coming and the like. And I just don't like having a whole game muted, it feels off, and it shouldn't have to be necessary just because someone wants everyone to see the critters trotting around themselves while they AFK.

Heck, might as well make this a poll. Seriously though, this is a technically possible thing, right?
  1. What should be done with mini-gems and the sounds they make?23 votes
    1. Keep them as is, everyone in range can hear them.
       35% (8 votes)
    2. Mute their sounds for other players.
       65% (15 votes)

Comments

• UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    edited April 30, 2017
    Well I mean, I guess the people have spoken, so that's that.

I'm really curious as to at least the reasoning though. Yes, one could move away or turn their volume down, but why not save several people the trouble? Even for the owners, doesn't the bleating annoy you a bit as well? No hostility or anything here, just confusion.

EDIT: Oh, votes shifted back. I guess this might remain in flux for a while, but I'm still curious as to how the other side thinks.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Ugh i hate the chicken family mini gem. I'd love to be able to mute them and other livestock in mabi without muting my SFX
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 30, 2017
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Ugh i hate the chicken family mini gem. I'd love to be able to mute them and other livestock in mabi without muting my SFX

Same. I also really hate sheep, dragon and returned trickster mini-gems. That dragon and returned trickster constant loud tramping when they walk is soooo annoying... :/
  • LygattoLygatto
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    I won't lie, the only reason I use my gem is to let others hear it. I AFK with it out sometimes, volume muted.
  • TiernieTiernie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    I think there should be a volume control just for animal noises and such. I like to have my sound effects up for other purposes, but the sound of the sheep, cows, and chickens just annoy the ... out of me. We are able to mute other sounds effects from others why not animal noises?