Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Events

AmelinaAmelina
Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
edited April 25, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I realize there have been many posts about events but I'm not talking about bringing back events, forget it those are in the past. I want to know about these recent events.

For lack of better word choice, these recent events have been straight up dull and monotonous. I will admit I did enjoy the MusicQ one but sadly I did miss most of it, but it was fun I liked that one. However some of them have been remakes...with a different skin, and I rather not see more reskins.

Tickets in Shadow Missions:
Forgot what the first one was as that's how much I didn't care for it.
THE ANNIVERSARY EVENT: This anniversary event was ruined. There was so much potential (ahh get it) to what the event could've been. Not only was quite lame to spam Shadow Missions for outfits...the outfits weren't even that great! Let's talk about the wings we could've gotten. Undyeable, green and yellow...you know what comes to mind that is green and yellow? Buggers. If they had been at least dyeable (considering they aren't even actually wings since you can't spread them) then maybe I wouldn't be as upset about this.

36 Minutes:
I liked the idea for the Peddler Event, it was something somewhat different (I say somewhat cause of that one rebirth event). 5 coins a day and 6 if you did the quest, alright I was cool with that...until...
Spring Event! Yay! Oh...wait, its not any different than the one we just had....except more annoying....I won't go into the Spring Event cause people have already talked about it enough.

So what am I saying? If the events are going to be reskinned, try and make it not as obvious that it's the same thing. The 36 Minute one does nothing as people will simply get on for it, get the item, and leave...if they even do that.

Understanding:
I do however understand that there have been many new additions to the game, which could make time for events be little to none, let alone thinking of brand new ideas. One idea I could say right of the bat is....make us think of it. Hold a contest for the next event, whichever event seems the most reasonable and possible to do would win. We would have to think of rewards, NPC names, how they looked, etc. The winner would get...........I don't know, but something.
  1. Who would like a contest for a player's made up event?7 votes
    1. Awesome yes I have ideas ready!
       86% (6 votes)
    2. Shut up and let them do their job. This would be a waste of time for everyone.
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited April 25, 2017
    After wading through this absurdly structured post and figuring out what your points are, I agree. This spring event is an utter pain, and events do indeed need more variety in terms of gameplay. As for the player event contest, it may help in terms of ideas but the feasibility of them is strictly for the devs to decide. I don't realistically see Nexon doing this though. Relatively speaking, too much effort with too few benefits.

P.S. That poll is ridiculously black and white. Like, wow.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    The benefit is that your very own idea is put into the game, that in its own is more rewarding than anything they could ever give you.

And yeah sorry about the structure, my point still gets across though.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I think events needing people to work together are needed more. My favorite events from last year were the Cookie Island one and the Watermelon Events. Mostly because I made MANY friends from those three.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Yeah that'd be lovely, maybe something like the dungeon event. NOT THE SAME THING, but something where people work together is definitely a must...I guess in a way the shadow mission one makes people work togehter...