Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dye Removal

BerryswirlBerryswirl
Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
edited April 14, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
So, I've had this idea for awhile now...specially looking at some clothes I don't wear anymore, like a purple hyper lava cat, and it dawned on me that it would be really cool to have the ability to remove the flashy from the robe and get it as a dye amp again, to use it on something else.

The item could be a cash shop item, sold for like 5k nx, and be a single use item. You would use it, select the clothing you wanted to extract a dye from, and like dying, it would bring up another window, showing parts A, B, and C. You would then click on one of the parts, and click confirm. Instead of dying the clothing, it would UNdye the it. You would get the colour that was on whatever part back as a fixed dye amp, and the cloth would be a random colour.

There would also be no limit to how many times you could use the dye removal on a certain piece of clothing.

IGN: Berryswirl
Server:Ruairi
ZeoxDestruction
  1. Would you like dye removal?26 votes
    1. Omg yes please!
       85% (22 votes)
    2. Meh. I don't care.
       15% (4 votes)

Comments

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I support this!
    Berryswirl
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    I also support this too!
    Great idea!
    Berryswirl
  • Rietty_KitttyRietty_Kittty
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Cheaper to just buy another dye?
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Cheaper to just buy another dye?

And if that dye isn't sold by anyone?
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    @Rietty_Kitty

The point of the removal isn't to say, remove a pink dye from an article of cloth you can easily buy for 200k. The dye removal would be for rare dyes that no one sells, and that can't be obtained anymore.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    @Rietty_Kitty

The point of the removal isn't to say, remove a pink dye from an article of cloth you can easily buy for 200k. The dye removal would be for rare dyes that no one sells, and that can't be obtained anymore.

can it come in metal?

id buy a second astrologer just to steal the gold dye off it like some kinda colour removing villain and apply it to my lunar staff
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    I don't see why there can't be two dye removals, one for cloth and one for metal. Each sold separate for the same price.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    I would rather buy a Magic Fractal Well and then craft my own dyes for FREE
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Might be just me, but I foresee a lot of abuse with this in the future if there wasn't some sort of hard cap or something that prevents players from getting colors from items that are buyable from NPCs. Being a cash item is one option to look at, and perhaps for those who want to get it for free in-game, maybe a few hundred Adventurer Seals, like some of the stuff they sell. And here's what I mean since there are some flags within the game that help determine if it was the original color or not.

Items that are bought from NPCs or obtained through other means outside of crafting usually denote an "Original" tag. This means that this had not been modified in any way, whether through a dye job or upgrading. This "Original" tag is lost once the item has been dyed or upgraded. Now, here comes the problem: How do you save the dye information of the previous color without overloading the system with useless information since people also dye/over-dye things pretty frequently and prevent items that can be store bought from getting their color leeched? And a few ideas just for the sake of trying to make this painless as possible.
    • Items that still contain the "Original" tag cannot be dye-leeched. This would prevent people from finding colors in NPC shops and leeching them into ampules to resell. or even from Gachapon items.
    • Items that do not have the "Original" tag but also have upgrades cannot be dye-leeched (Now, the problem with this one is that there may be items that have been dyed AND upgraded. The only way I can think of for this is that there are flags that' are set, one for dyes and one for upgrades. If both flags have been set to true, then it can be dye-leeched. If only the upgrade flag is set to true, then it cannot be dye-leeched)
    • Items that do not have the "Original" tab but do not have upgrades can be dye-leeched.
    • Once a color is leeched, it is given a gray color instead of reverting to its original color. This removes the need to save extra item data, in this case, the previous color. According to Nexon, when you are given items back do to losing them from extreme circumstance, they only give you random colored once since they do not keep track of the color data on your items.
    • To keep it simple, have one dye-leeching item that can make either a fixed metal, regular, or instrument dye based off what it was leeched from and what pallet was used. This would avoid necessary redundancy and confusion in the cash shop (Some items may have metals even though it's a cloth and vice-versa. So to simplify, less is better at this point).

Just my two-cents on the subject.
    Berryswirl
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    edited April 15, 2017
    I like some of your points, specially the grey colour once the dye is removed, and the "one dye removal does all" idea.

100 seals wouldn't be a bad idea either.

@Sheena
    the point of this is for dyes you cannot obtain anymore.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Great idea, there are certain rare shades that I wish I could transfer to another clothing item.
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    If this was a thing I would have saved millions of gold XD Yes please lol!
    Berryswirl