Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Main Problem With Reforge Shops ?

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
in General Chat
I am on Alexina, trying to set up a personal shop on Alexina, and I have come to accept Reforge Shops as a legitimate venture, but I have to ask... "Why cannot you all just use kiosks if your main shop is to sell goods normally prices under 1 million gold?" I do not understand why. Kiosks have a lower rate of sales taxes at 1%. You can use the Search Board to quickly find goods. Kiosks saves money on shop licenses. Kiosks have no limits. Their only flaws being that "you cannot price a good over 1 million gold (With reforges averaging a steady 400k, with special reforges usually being under the price limit as well) and space,which does not seem to matter when you can just put a new good in or make more alternate characters.

I never sold reforges before, so I have to wonder why everyone sells reforges in the Belvast Market Space, which is already more tightly packed thana can of Sardines, versus the relatively empty back wall of Dunbarton. (You can say no one goes there, but the search board hugely mitigates the actual need)

Am I missing something, because I am frustrated at not being able to sell relatively expensive goods that are well worth over 1 million in gold.
Greta

Comments

• SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    -snip/quote]

from what i understand from a certain users post/topics is that its gold sellers making these listings that get money for their gold and then use the money on nx to get more gold and rinse repeat keeping themselves and nexon a float some how
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    People set up shops for the impulse buyers. Otherwise they would sit forever outside Dunbarten. I really wish we could sell items like that at housing...but stuff just sells quicker at Belvast.

Thank you impulse buyers. You make us very rich. :D
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 24, 2017
    Cause Belvast is the market capital of Mabi everyone is gonna go there to do their shopping/selling.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    -snip/quote]

from what i understand from a certain users post/topics is that its gold sellers making these listings that get money for their gold and then use the money on nx to get more gold and rinse repeat keeping themselves and nexon a float some how

I thought that was a parody post, which does not even seem to be mine at all?

I definitely made a parody post, but it seems like you quoted the wrong person, with the arrow leading to an unrelated link.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    It could be because some people with a lot of gold tend to visit Belvast more than Dunbarton.

Even I've formed the habit, with how much I tend to have. Things I'm often after are expensive and only appear in Belvast.

More people around, especially those with a lot of gold, will always mean more potential customers.
    Even with the presence of taxes, this can be a smart tactic for faster sales.

Even when my shop has items of low value, I still find myself setting up in Belvast for more potential customers.
    Well, if you are looking for fixed dyes or dye ampoules, Belvast is the last place I would search, only after a quick search on the search board.

That being said, potential customers would seem to die down through the arduous checking of every shop versus the ease of access for the board. When I go search for holy water, I do not go for Belvast, I go to Belvast for expensive clothing and goods. Dyes when shops are clearly labeled as such or when I am desperate, but then I am relatively angered they did not just set up a kiosk.

It seems to be an inefficient method of selling stuff that continues due to the cycling existence of the status quo despite the presence of better options. I think I understand now, but I just think it is stupid.

I mean, why would not anyone want to search up the search board? It is because reforges are sold in Belvast. Why? Because people do not use the search board.

SHEER LUNACY.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    only after a quick search on the search board.

I mean, why would not anyone want to search up the search board? It is because reforges are sold in Belvast. Why? Because people do not use the search board.

I would use the search board more if 90% of the items I'm after were ever placed on it.

That, and not everyone is able to get a house for the board, so it is typically far less reliable.
    Nilrem wrote: »
    only after a quick search on the search board.

I would use the search board more if 90% of the items I'm after were ever placed on it.

That, and not everyone is able to get a house for the board, so it is typically far less reliable.

I meant kiosks, which also use the same board, but a different tab, to which there is clearly room on the backside of Dunbarton and Belvast, which would greatly mitigate the need for good shop placement with the board doing the work for you. It is only used for goods not worth over 1 million gold individually.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I mean I mostly sell dyes, and I was using a kiosk but now I just sell them in Belvast. If I remember correctly, once you close your kiosk, doesn't everything just pop back into your inventory? Whereas with my shop bag, my dyes are all neatly arranged for the next time I open a shop. Plus if people are buying outfits, they see a nearby dye shop, it's just convenient instead of going all the way back to Dunby. And I can sell my own clothes this way as well, like "hey you can buy this outfit AND dye it!" As well as sell other things.

In terms of gold, I think I make the same amount selling in Belvast, if not more. Depends on the day. Some days are good for sales, some days not lol.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    belvast has a kiosk spot so they could just set up there it's right next to the boat that takes you to and from belvast and it almost never gets any use from what i have seen so it has plenty of space.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    the simple answer is almost no one checks kiosks. there's like 1 server or 2 (forgot which) that actually uses kiosks a lot. Definitely not Mari
    Arjune wrote: »
    the simple answer is almost no one checks kiosks. there's like 1 server or 2 (forgot which) that actually uses kiosks a lot. Definitely not Mari

That is true, though this post mainly refers to Alexina, as every server cannot seem to fill Belvast in their respective market channels (Ruari and Tarlach can fill about half). Not sure about you Marians.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited May 25, 2017
    People do check kiosks, but you have to know how to work them. Worst case scenario, you can always put up a party ad saying what you have for sale and where.

To me kiosks make more sense for massive numbers of small items, and I've never had trouble with that.
    It may be just a case of sticking to what works. It took people forever to go back to Belvast after several incidents.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    It may be just a case of sticking to what works. It took people forever to go back to Belvast after several incidents.

Yeah, but funny thing... I can (and do) check kiosks from Belvast using the board. They may not be great for browsing anymore, but they're perfect for large numbers of smaller items.
    Policroma wrote: »

Yeah, but funny thing... I can (and do) check kiosks from Belvast using the board. They may not be great for browsing anymore, but they're perfect for large numbers of smaller items.

That is the point of this thread. Kiosks can sell anything under 1 mil and be restocked endlessly, on top of space on Alexina being available.

Reforge shops are just being 24/7 space hogs when none of their goods needs to be sold at Belvast, due to the recurring cycle that neither side is willing to break.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I'll sell reforges occasionally when I need gold. I don't do kiosks for two reasons: 1) people go to Belvast to look for reforges, they don't even bother checking kiosks. 2) kiosks are limited in size. I can use a big bag to sell all my stuff and leave the game running while I'm at work. For kiosks, I'd have to be restocking it throughout the day if I wanted to sell all my reforges.
    edited May 25, 2017
    In all honesty, people do not look for them because the sellers won't sell them at Kiosks. It is a self perpetuating cycle. Kind of like the Montagues and Capulets, except one side clearly has to let it go, and the sellers are the most influential. It is a case of the individual meeting their own ends versus the ends that would be beneficial to the entire fanbase. I do not want to blame you for looking out for yourself, it is just instinct. That being said, as most of these are alts, just how many of them are likely to be packing big enough bags that really just flow back to one player taking up several spots worth that may have gone to others who have little choice than to spam advertise every 15 minutes? Though with the amount of money made, I would not be surprised at the more expensive devcat bags being used, alongside the other 64 spaced bags.

In any case, would you not have to refill the bags in general?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 25, 2017
    In all honesty, people do not look for them because the sellers won't sell them at Kiosks. It is a self perpetuating cycle. Kind of like the Montagues and Capulets, except one side clearly has to let it go, and the sellers are the most influential. It is a case of the individual meeting their own ends versus the ends that would be beneficial to the entire fanbase. I do not want to blame you for looking out for yourself, it is just instinct. That being said, as most of these are alts, just how many of them are likely to be packing big enough bags that really just flow back to one player taking up several spots worth that may have gone to others who have little choice than to spam advertise every 15 minutes? Though with the amount of money made, I would not be surprised at the more expensive devcat bags being used, alongside the other 64 spaced bags.

In any case, would you not have to refill the bags in general?

If you have a 10x10 dev cat bag you can basically sell all of your reforges at once using a merchant licence. Where kiosks are only like 1/4 of the space?
    Sorry making alot of guesses here.

If you sell reforges for 325k you can sell 61 of them in a belvast shop before needing to switch out your licence. So basically your entire stock in one go. But a 100 slot bag can only hold 25 slots of hammers. Which forces you to either put them in stacks or hide the rest of your stock.

Kiosks have a space of 50 slots and also can only hold 10 hammers at one time. Idk my math might be off but you basically get 2.5x more space to sell reforges in a shop than you do in a kiosk. So i can see why they are using the shops instead. Unfortunately i couldn't find a shop with single reforge it to test my theory at all, however it seems that all the reforge shops are using item bags that can only hold 12 hammers at a time. So basically they are using shops to sell an additional 2 hammers.

I personally think that no one even knows about kiosks in Belvast and that's why people don't use them. You could go with the whole bots are selling the hammers thing so they don't know about kiosks, but it could be players selling them that don't know about kiosks as well.

TLDR; I think people have bags that sell more hammers per time or that they don't know about kiosks in Belvast.

(Where are these when you need them? wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Belvast_Kiosk)
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    bots aren't set up to use kiosks