Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Main Problem With Reforge Shops ?

Comments

• FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    dra011 wrote: »
    belvast has a kiosk spot so they could just set up there it's right next to the boat that takes you to and from belvast and it almost never gets any use from what i have seen so it has plenty of space.

I never knew this. Belvast is my goto when looking for any items. I'll sometimes go to dunby, but the limits limit the variety.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    if your concern is theirs kiosks, 7 channels, other shop spots, and their tkaing the one you want. why not take the ones or anything u suggest to these reforgers, and use it on yourself?

I get its a bot thing... but honestly i feel its not even a bot thing, its a "i want that spot mommy" thing
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    if your concern is theirs kiosks, 7 channels, other shop spots, and their tkaing the one you want. why not take the ones or anything u suggest to these reforgers, and use it on yourself?

I get its a bot thing... but honestly i feel its not even a bot thing, its a "i want that spot mommy" thing

I think they said something about trying to sell more expensive items. I always seem to find a spot in belvast though. I think I did have to give up once.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 27, 2017

It is that thing, in a way. I even acknowledge my lack of certainty if it is a bot thing. I just do not see the problem. Single players hogging multiple spots from others to sell items that did not need to be sold in that specific way irked me when I had presumably had more use for that spot versus their complete waste and lack of necessity, as my item was much more expensive and could not be sold anywhere else do to how shop limits work.

My view changed, but yes, it is as somewhat how you described it while wrong in other assumptions. I just do not see how it is wrong, inaccurate, or even worst than baseless accusations of botting towards "legitimate" players when Nexon has more than enough reason to act but did not, seeing as reforges are a hot item from the cash shop.

If you ever been on Alexina, Belvast will be full in Market Channel 1, and asking me to go to another channel is highly nonsensical. Who would see it? Mocking said complaint as if I wanted a specific spot is a strawman. I don't want a specific spot, I want A spot. Belvast in its Market Channel is that full.

I reasoned why kiosks are the best, only to quietly accept that there were benefits; namely, wealthy players clearly had access to roomy devcat bags that allowed for more room than a kiosk.

That being said, if you do not want to hear a complaint, do not click on this or similar thread, and especially if you want to denounce said criticism, you have to remember the inherent part of any criticism is dissatisfaction, and not all are of the same validity or effect. It is completely illogical to assume any complaint about the game is unjustified, and while it is fine to not want to hear it or you do not care, simply do not click on the thread, rather than merely asking such threads not exist in the first place. That would be a quick way to kill the game if I ever saw one.

I am not trying to be mean, but in a way, I feel like you are simplifying my argument to one line, and wringing out the wrong complaints (I want that spot mommy!) I am irked because I feel compared to a child, and rather poorly in my opinion as well. Just to share our feelings.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790

It is that thing, in a way. I even acknowledge my lack of certainty if it is a bot thing. I just do not see the problem. Single players hogging multiple spots from others to sell items that did not need to be sold in that specific way irked me when I had presumably had more use for that spot versus their complete waste and lack of necessity, as my item was much more expensive and could not be sold anywhere else do to how shop limits work.

My view changed, but yes, it is as somewhat how you described it while wrong in other assumptions. I just do not see how it is wrong, inaccurate, or even worst than baseless accusations of botting towards "legitimate" players when Nexon has more than enough reason to act but did not, seeing as reforges are a hot item from the cash shop.

If you ever been on Alexina, Belvast will be full in Market Channel 1, and asking me to go to another channel is highly nonsensical. Who would see it? Mocking said complaint as if I wanted a specific spot is a strawman. I don't want a specific spot, I want A spot. Belvast in its Market Channel is that full.

I reasoned why kiosks are the best, only to quietly accept that there were benefits; namely, wealthy players clearly had access to roomy devcat bags that allowed for more room than a kiosk.

That being said, if you do not want to hear a complaint, do not click on this or similar thread, and especially if you want to denounce said criticism, you have to remember the inherent part of any criticism is dissatisfaction, and not all are of the same validity or effect. It is completely illogical to assume any complaint about the game is unjustified, and while it is fine to not want to hear it or you do not care, simply do not click on the thread, rather than merely asking such threads not exist in the first place. That would be a quick way to kill the game if I ever saw one.

I am not trying to be mean, but in a way, I feel like you are simplifying my argument to one line, and wringing out the wrong complaints (I want that spot mommy!) I am irked because I feel compared to a child, and rather poorly in my opinion as well. Just to share our feelings.

you said this so beautifully, i cant argue. and i agree
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited May 28, 2017
    Who the hell spends 500$ a day on multiple new characters, just to sell reforges? Could a GM please investigate these people and determine if they are in fact legitimate players, and not affiliated with gold farming websites?

Or maybe at least acknowledge to the community that this is weird and is being looked into?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Froglord wrote: »
    Who the hell spends 500$ a day on multiple new characters, just to sell reforges? Could a GM please investigate these people and determine if they are in fact legitimate players, and not affiliated with gold farming websites?

Or maybe at least acknowledge to the community that this is weird and is being looked into?

Ever been to the Tir bank lately? All i see is like 100 characters logging in and out to use the bank its really weird to watch. Theres like a new character there every 4 seconds directly in front of the banker.