Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

They Did It: New Tails and Ears lol

GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
in General Chat
Some one please translate this page for me <3
http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885557

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Ran it through Bing translation and it's just another gacha. Post suggests that there is a new shadow crystal included that gives a 400% bonus.
    That craggy yellow tail looks like desert dragon (?) and the newer deer headband reminds me of Tony Chopper.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    I shouldn't have got my hopes up, thought it was tied to an event somehow, oh well, still looks cute though.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabi6 wrote: »
    I shouldn't have got my hopes up, thought it was tied to an event somehow, oh well, still looks cute though.

Yeah they look nice for what they are. Kinda curious how the animating on that goofy multi-tailed fox is gonna go.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    400% bonus?! :#
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Is that some kind of demon tail?

Welp, time to save up 30-100m for when that arrives here.

The other tails are neat as well.
    Raishii
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited May 24, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Ran it through Bing translation
    Bing :|
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited May 24, 2017
    Looks like they are actually spying on these forums. I remember recently that we suggested 9 tail fox tail and demon tail. With the angel demon wings coming out...those will definitely make an interesting combo.

PASS!!!

The new tails only last for one year.

giphy.gif

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Gaea wrote: »
    Looks like they are actually spying on these forums. I remember recently that we suggested 9 tail fox tail and demon tail. With the angel demon wings coming out...those will definitely make an interesting combo.

PASS!!!

The new tails only last for one year.

giphy.gif

Checking the tails on KR sim and translating some of the KR page shows that while the tails can be 1 year, they can also be permanent.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Is that some kind of demon tail?

Welp, time to save up 30-100m for when that arrives here.
    This is relevant to my interests.

If it's permanent, I'm going to have to acquire it in triplicate.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    edited May 25, 2017
    I want da dino tail. :3
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I expected this to happen.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Ran it through Bing translation
    Bing :|

I mean, it worked. Not like you can use a translation tool to translate the images easily when it's late at night.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited May 25, 2017
    The first tail gacha made me foreheadsmack. Not because of the odds or whatnot, as I had no desire to get one. Nope, I was foreheadsmacking because Nexon had released festia, which included a crapton of good drops and guaranteed items you could get in-game, and everybody was ignoring it entirely to riot on the forums because they couldn't live out their tail fetishes.

It's like... HEY PEOPLE! ARE YOU NOT SEEING THE FREE PETS AND DOLL BAGS OVER HERE?!?!?! Even now every once in a while I have someone on my friendlist or in my guild go "What? Free pets? Doll bags? Cute Wig? Without RNG? Why didn't anyone tell me about this?" I usually grumble something along the lines of "I did tell you, and so did others..." but yeah.

I know, it's a tangent. But that's what tails in this game will always mean to me.
    Greta
  • hyaciinthhyaciinth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Finally, a devil tail! I'm really excited for this, actually. Hope it comes here soon!
    edited May 25, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    The first tail gacha made me foreheadsmack. Not because of the odds or whatnot, as I had no desire to get one. Nope, I was foreheadsmacking because Nexon had released festia, which included a crapton of good drops and guaranteed items you could get in-game, and everybody was ignoring it entirely to riot on the forums because they couldn't live out their tail fetishes.

It's like... HEY PEOPLE! ARE YOU NOT SEEING THE FREE PETS AND DOLL BAGS OVER HERE?!?!?! Even now every once in a while I have someone on my friendlist or in my guild go "What? Free pets? Doll bags? Cute Wig? Without RNG? Why didn't anyone tell me about this?" I usually grumble something along the lines of "I did tell you, and so did others..." but yeah.

I know, it's a tangent. But that's what tails in this game will always mean to me.

It is hard not to when Nexon botched it with several unnecessary systems. I do not mean to be mean to you, but even I was livid because of the existence of temporary coupons. I did not want tails, but I certainly did not want Nexon to go into that direction. With the wishbone event being extremely unrewarding except for the lucky days one could do fruits, I had enough wood from slacking off from the mediocre event that when they did revamp it part way, I could actually manage to complete the daily quest.

I am not sure asking people to care about Festia is any different than asking you to care about tails. They were more than a new fashion item. They were a continuation of the increasing monetization model that has in the past endangered Mabinogi. That is what tails mean to me, a sort of Mabinogi's personal "Horse armor".

Some people were upset because they were expensive tails, but the principle is what matters to me and many others. Nexon may hold a legal right, but that does not make the move any less of a jerk move. It is unreasonable to have people not get upset over such a flagrant cash grab when it leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
    XiokunTwelienerrith
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    still no anju tail.....
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    edited May 25, 2017
    Talk to me again when we don't have to pay for Style Slot to wear them
    GretaXiokun
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited May 25, 2017

It is hard not to when Nexon botched it with several unnecessary systems. I do not mean to be mean to you, but even I was livid because of the existence of temporary coupons. I did not want tails, but I certainly did not want Nexon to go into that direction. With the wishbone event being extremely unrewarding except for the lucky days one could do fruits, I had enough wood from slacking off from the mediocre event that when they did revamp it part way, I could actually manage to complete the daily quest.

I am not sure asking people to care about Festia is any different than asking you to care about tails. They were more than a new fashion item. They were a continuation of the increasing monetization model that has in the past endangered Mabinogi. That is what tails mean to me, a sort of Mabinogi's personal "Horse armor".

Some people were upset because they were expensive tails, but the principle is what matters to me and many others. Nexon may hold a legal right, but that does not make the move any less of a jerk move. It is unreasonable to have people not get upset over such a flagrant cash grab when it leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

(I don't take this as mean, so all good.)

People are upset they can't get something out of gacha. What's new? People are always upset about what they can't get in gacha. Gacha irritations have never stopped me from enjoying the content we do get for free. That's what struck me as stupid about the whole situation.

If we're going to compare it to the "horse armor", Imagine if no-strings-attached, there had been a free elder scrolls expansion with tons of new loot and fun extras that did not require buying said horse armor. Imagine that it had gone entirely ignored and not even downloaded because people were too busy complaining about horse armor to see what they had gotten for free. That's how I saw it.
    Policroma wrote: »

(I don't take this as mean, so all good.)

People are upset they can't get something out of gacha. What's new? People are always upset about what they can't get in gacha. Gacha irritations have never stopped me from enjoying the content we do get for free. That's what struck me as stupid about the whole situation.

If we're going to compare it to the "horse armor", Imagine if no-strings-attached, there had been a free elder scrolls expansion with tons of new loot and fun extras that did not require buying said horse armor. Imagine that it had gone entirely ignored and not even downloaded because people were too busy complaining about horse armor to see what they had gotten for free. That's how I saw it.

I see what you mean, people as a whole tend to take small changes out of context to imply a bigger picture that is not happening, to demand compensation, or to get on a hate machine.

I mainly got sick of it because of the gratuitous nature of it. I do not believe it was needed for either side, and there were already several changes that irked me to no end. The addition of future hairs as coupons to gachapons. Wings that had to be bought dyed in a certain color. Unlimited dungeon passes being taken out of the always available webshop and placed in temporary packages.

The debut of tails were just more audacious and shameless, because the accompanying event was boring and incredibly subjected to RNG prerevamp where you were lucky to get 40 wishbones had it gone like that for its duration.

If we put down our foot when something "significant" happens, then we already lost the opportunity to do so. This calls back to the misconception brought by the fable of the boiling frog. The frog would jump out if placed directly in boiling water, but place it in lukewarm and slowly turn up the temperature, and the worsening heat will kill the frog, that is unaware of the situation.

While not being true to life, the changes have been gradual and minute, unnoticeable on a quantum scale. That being said, we have to put our foot down somewhere, but we should also accept certain functions as they are. Gachapons are not going away, for one.

Mine stems out of an entitlement to what has been done before, naturally. I feel entitled to having things done better, or how they were before. In any case, these changes feel detrimental to the games existence, hence why I believe it is wholly unnecessary.

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I see a forked tail but not for cats; good effort though.