Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is it just me?

SermithSermith
Mabinogi Rep: 700
in General Chat
Personally I kinda feel like Nexon should advertise its games more, aka like Mabinogi. It would be cool to get a new wave of members to join. I've had a whole list of probably 60+ friends that have stopped playing all together it seems. And plus, if Nexon does advertise it a bunch, sorry I'm blind.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Iunno, don't most people have on ad blocker? I wouldn't notice.
    pawcalypseGretaYellowBinCutieSora101TheDumbOne
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    The culture and society of how certain forms of entertainment are appreciated are different here than it is in other countries. In Asia the media acts differently and broadcasts media differently, compared to what is seen or heard in the West.
    The demographic is different but niche interest to such things can be distributed and shared effectively with advertising but not many will appreciate what is being offered - especially an old game *ahem* a classic like Mabinogi.
    I agree, we need to up our sex appeal like Vindictus is. ;)
    I kid, we would just be going Evony at this point.
    Xiokun
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I remember a few years ago that I would see Vindictus commercials on tv here in SoCal, but that was the only Nexon game I ever saw being advertised on television. It always made me sad when I saw them because I really wanted Mabinogi to be advertised like that.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I actually started playing when I saw Nao on the back of a Newtype magazine years back. =D
    Crimsọn
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320

We need something like this NA version.

KingEphy
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320

Also this AD was everywhere in yt for me.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    YellowBin wrote: »

We need something like this NA version.

I couldn't stop laughing and grinning at this video.
    The Simon dance part killed me XD
  • GrawardGraward
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,140
    Honestly, I'd be more worried about new player retention. I can't tell you how many people on my friends list are newbies I tried to reach out to only to have them stop logging in after a while.
    FabeHumiliating
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited May 26, 2017
    Most people, myself included, use adblock or ublock nowadays, so the chances of a Mabinogi ad being seen are slim to none. It doesn't help that ever since they moved the forums the site doesn't even load correctly on Firefox/Chrome anymore. Most people don't want to use IE due to security issues.

I've tried spreading Mabi through word of mouth, but the game is just so horribly outdated that it leaves a bad first impression on newbies, especially when you create your character and all you have are these ugly free hair/eyes/colours.

I'm not sure if they changed it back recently, but I remember they took away the option to use premium features when you created your very first character and that was the biggest mistake they could've made when drawing in newbs. When your first introduction to a game is "pay us money so you can look less ugly" it's not very welcoming.

Out of the 50 or so people I've tried recommending Mabi to, only 4 actually tried it and out of those, only 2 liked it enough to stick with it. Some tried it back when you needed premium just to rebirth/use transformations/shops/the right half of your bank and refused to re-try.

The excuses I got were usually "It looks like a bad n64 game", "too p2w", "I already play x MMO/s" and "too grindy"

The last 2 are understandable. I play RuneScape and Mabi and I wouldn't want to start a new MMO right now due to how grindy both games are, but man... some people are just spoiled by graphics nowadays and it makes me sad that people will pass up a fun game just because it's not the latest hyper realistic 4k shooter. :/
    FabeGretaYutingHiroki05
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Mabinogi should hire Running Man members or other hallyu stars to promote it..
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    I first heard about mabi in a sidebar ad. Personally I think it would be healthy for them advertise. Sure there's adblocker but not on all devices and not everyone uses it. internet advertising is some of the cheapest being that you are only charged per click/view. I think the cost now is around 10-20 cents on average per click/view. So an advertiser (say Mabinogi) makes a YouTube ad (which wouldn't be expensive and more less just gameplay footage). They pay say $200 at 20 cents per view that would get the 1000 views. On YouTube the ad would continue to play till that 1000 view limit is reached then it is automatically pulled. You aren't at risked of getting over charged. For an ad to be considered viewed (ads that are over 30 secs) it must be viewed at least 15 secs this includes skippable ads. If someone watches 7 secs of a 30 sec ad the advertiser won't be charged cause its not a view. Sorry for the over explanation its just I think they could really benefit from advertising. It doesn't always have to be expensive I just think they need to get their name out there again cause there could very well be people out there that would enjoy this type of game if they just knew about it. :*
    Greta
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Graward wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd be more worried about new player retention. I can't tell you how many people on my friends list are newbies I tried to reach out to only to have them stop logging in after a while.

I'm included in that player retention category as I had stopped playing for a while. I'm trying to get back into it, and was hoping a guild would help (after being a low-end solo player) only to get caught up in Nexon's broken guild stuff. Seeing a new wave of players joining in would be nice and all, but figuring out how to keep players is just as important.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325

So true I've tried to get ppl I know on, but they quit quite quickly. Most have quit on the character selection screen saying it looks like crap (lets face it the options are crap), and how good can a game be if they don't care about character selection options.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Doesn't help that they gave all the enemies in dungeons 10x more health. Making every single enemy in a dungeon basically a boss for new players.
    Greta
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    This is a pretty anti beginner friendly game, not to mention is caters to a specific player base as well. It's going to be pretty difficult to find fresh players even with more advertising
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Back in late 2008 when I was playing The Sims 2 and was looking through some content to download to use for Sims 2 and I found a Mabinogi ad via that website and I was curious so I clicked on it and downloaded it... was how I got into Mabinogi, lol.
    edited May 27, 2017
    They took out the premium options for beginners when they replaced the first "free" cards with 5 regular cards. As much as I hate this, I have to admit, whenever you DEEPLY IMPLY that premium options were not available when they are, that is extremely, extremely INCOMPETENT.

Basically, premium options were available back when we had the first free card, but when you clicked on them, they said "Premium only", implying that they were not available off the bat, only for someone to tell you later they were an option for free cards regardless of the notice if you ever found out.

Seriously, what kind of #@$! does this?

"Oh sorry you picked basic options, premiums were available, but we just did not tell you"

For #@$!ing sakes, do you not realize what the #@$!ing "Premium only" notice #@$!ing implied, you jerk? IT IMPLIED THEY WERE NOT AVAILABLE! IT IS NOT ON US, BUT YOU, YOU #@$!!

The five free cards have their benefits, and at least this is more truthful than the previous free card, although less beneficial.

Sorry for the cursing, but I am livid that anyone in Nexon would be this moronic. It borders on a cruel maliciousness.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    lidiya wrote: »

So true I've tried to get ppl I know on, but they quit quite quickly. Most have quit on the character selection screen saying it looks like crap (lets face it the options are crap), and how good can a game be if they don't care about character selection options.

I agree, I wish they would go back and update the old hair styles. I don't know why they don't... =(