Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merges

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 2, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well, maybe just...keep quiet? Or...lets all merge to your server? The imbalance is inherent. So, what do YOU effing propose to fix it? :|

Just merge all servers into one Mega server with at least 15 channels? No one gets hurt much in this situation, but hey i saw few people who would act childish saying "Nooo, i don't wanna be merged with these *insert random server name* scums." Seriously hatred towards other server for no good reason won't help any server merge.
    I actually would like to get a merge so i could meet new friends and you guys, i wanna see you Gaea and would be nice to meet Xiokun as well, we could kick some asses in dungeons, etc. :D
    The PROBLEM is they will NEVER do a server merge.

Are you sure they will never do it? Only time will tell.
    ZeoXiokunkapapa
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    The game would be fine if reoccurring issues were more focused on, older content was revamped to better fit the scaling/economy, and the afk/login events (so much focus on that status quo, smh) were lessened for something more interactive among the players (i,e snowball battle just... try to make it less exploitable lol) just give some good rewards and that'll be incentive enough for people to get off their butts and actually do it. Seriously, revamp alot of the stuff in this game and you'd have a lot more interest to log on going around, but it won't happen because NA Nexon is NA Nexon and all they care about is milking that sweet sweet whale money.
    GretaZeokapapa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Well, maybe just...keep quiet? Or...lets all merge to your server? The imbalance is inherent. So, what do YOU effing propose to fix it? :|

Just merge all servers into one Mega server with at least 15 channels? No one gets hurt much in this situation, but hey i saw few people who would act childish saying "Nooo, i don't wanna be merged with these *insert random server name* scums." Seriously hatred towards other server for no good reason won't help any server merge.
    I actually would like to get a merge so i could meet new friends and you guys, i wanna see you Gaea and would be nice to meet Xiokun as well, we could kick some asses in dungeons, etc. :D
    The PROBLEM is they will NEVER do a server merge.

Are you sure they will never do it? Only time will tell.

It's not that simple. We keep contemplating that would be the solution, but NA is NOT capable of that solution. Unfortunately we don't make them enough money to execute that solution. The whales we have are just not enough. NA created this mess years ago by unnecessarily creating additional servers instead of not investing into BETTER servers and optimizations. The only reason this game endures now is because of it's legacy.

They won't touch the servers...

Sigh...

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 2, 2017
    Is that New tag finally off Alexina now? I think that fooled alot of newbies.

But I digressed.

Mari has lots of rich(IRL) people.
    Tarlach has a lot of inactive vets.
    Ruari...I think...has moar active battlenogi players.
    Alexina is fashinogi haven.

A merge will bring this all together and server wars will be a thing of the past.

Do it Nexon.

559.gif
    kapapa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Rhey wrote: »

But I digressed.

A merge will bring this all together and server wars will be a thing of the past.

Do it Nexon.

559.gif

They can't do it. :(
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 2, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »

But I digressed.

Lol, i see plenty fashionogis, battlenogis, richinogis and afkinogis in Alexina. Actually i met all kinds of people in past few weeks since i tried to be more active in public places and chat with random people. No idea what are you talking about in there.
    By the way, didn't that New tag disappear like 2 years ago? It's been a while.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    No idea what are you talking about in there.

Going off on a census taken a long time ago when forums + game was a lot moar active. From what I remembered of it.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I do not want to merge with another server.

Rather they just advertise more.
    Xiokunkapapa
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Seriously just because Alexina is "most populated server" it doesn't mean that you can leave it without any merging and even reduce channels to only 3. I would quit Mabinogi instantly if that would happen. 3 channels mean less raid rewards and less Lich sketching for exp, also less channels to hide from lag and stalkers.
    Oh and also forgot to mention, but since the start of 2017 i saw at least 10 players who did quit their mains in Ruairi or Mari to come start fresh in Alexina. It's not Alexina's fault that people go in this server, it's your own server problem that people decide to quit other servers because it's either too quiet or too much drama in there, etc. If newbie comes in asking "what's the most populated server?". What will you do? Lie? "Most populated server is Tarlach for sure" and poor newbie goes in there without realizing that it was a lie. People are being honest here for saying that the most lively server is Alexina here.

agreed, Alexina should not be cut out of a merge just cause some players dislike the server. I recommend Alexina cause it has the largest player market and more players. players can choose any server they want even if their friends recommend other servers. improve your server community if you want more players to stay or join. if any merge happens merging all the servers would be the most fair thing to do and I fully support it.
    ZeoGretaVioletBoy
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I have said this many times so... I'll go ahead and say this again, I have been supporting server merge for a while now... it'd actually help make a game like Mabinogi (especially in a current state) healthier.

Also, I have to agree with @Greta that Alexina shouldn't be left out from the merging situation just because it's the 'most populated' server... it is but I do feel like Alexina server is pretty dead and I've been noticing the decline in term of population for Alexina server too. I am even seeing some players from the three original servers 'quitting' their main to start over again on Alexina because it's more populated...

Ah well, at least we have the majority saying we need server merge now thankfully... and we'll see more people starting to come to their sense and will realize we do actually need all 4 servers to be merged or something like that.

GretaNegumikokapapa
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    If i get to keep my items go ahead and server merge. But if you're gonna server merge do all the bloody servers not just a buddy system.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Opalthira wrote: »
    If i get to keep my items go ahead and server merge. But if you're gonna server merge do all the bloody servers not just a buddy system.

Unless Nexon/DevCat screw up on the coding for moving all players into a new server or so... I don't really see why you'd lose stuffs from servers being merged...
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

@Greta @Gaea
    NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~ GRETA-SENPAI WANTS TO MEET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!

540d4e213cd5a959626a6a92cf48387e1686943c_hq.gif

I WANNA MEET GAEA-SAMA TOO!
    tumblr_mofz5daEPJ1qixfalo1_500.gif
    GretaZeo
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 2, 2017
    Asking because I don't know, but since it has to do with the servers which are in game, would they have to get someone from the KR location to aid in the merging of servers since Nexon NA doesn't do anything regarding game code, except for implementing it? I know the physical servers are here, but regarding the combination of their server coding and everything (Player Characters, Pets, Items, Etc) sounds like something KR would have to be in on and it would be a rather complicated undertaking.

Also, another thing I just thought of. Do Homesteads have to have a unique name upon creation too? If that's true, I could see it being another potential problem. =0
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Seriously just because Alexina is "most populated server" it doesn't mean that you can leave it without any merging and even reduce channels to only 3. I would quit Mabinogi instantly if that would happen. 3 channels mean less raid rewards and less Lich sketching for exp, also less channels to hide from lag and stalkers.
    Oh and also forgot to mention, but since the start of 2017 i saw at least 10 players who did quit their mains in Ruairi or Mari to come start fresh in Alexina. It's not Alexina's fault that people go in this server, it's your own server problem that people decide to quit other servers because it's either too quiet or too much drama in there, etc. If newbie comes in asking "what's the most populated server?". What will you do? Lie? "Most populated server is Tarlach for sure" and poor newbie goes in there without realizing that it was a lie. People are being honest here for saying that the most lively server is Alexina here.

agreed, Alexina should not be cut out of a merge just cause some players dislike the server. I recommend Alexina cause it has the largest player market and more players. players can choose any server they want even if their friends recommend other servers. improve your server community if you want more players to stay or join. if any merge happens merging all the servers would be the most fair thing to do and I fully support it.

Yeah but that would mean 4 times the duplicate names to resolve. That's NOT going to happen.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 2, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »

@Greta @Gaea
    NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~ GRETA-SENPAI WANTS TO MEET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!

540d4e213cd5a959626a6a92cf48387e1686943c_hq.gif

I WANNA MEET GAEA-SAMA TOO!
    tumblr_mofz5daEPJ1qixfalo1_500.gif

The cringe!

Yeah I would like to meet up with you guys too. I just wish there was a way to visit other servers with your main. You know, they could make it "Gaea (of Ruairi)". They could even make it so it's not possible to conduct business there or do events. You can hang out, help out in dungeons, quests, ext. To make it simple, the only things you would have access to is a basic inventory and gear, but you would retain your stats. Then when all is said and done you can return to your server where you have everything.

Just a thought. Heck they could even market it as buying a "travel ticket" of sorts. But they would have to make it relatively cheap to encourage visitations.
    Twelie
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Royton wrote: »
    Merge all but Alexina, cut down the channels in new server (I petition to call it Ferghus) and Alexina down to 3.
    There you go, a fresh trimmed beard.

Every time this thread appears I normally post some uncooperative spiel about being Eralea on all four servers and merging names, but this time I'll support the Ferghus server petition
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 2, 2017
    Eralea wrote: »
    Royton wrote: »
    Merge all but Alexina, cut down the channels in new server (I petition to call it Ferghus) and Alexina down to 3.
    There you go, a fresh trimmed beard.

Every time this thread appears I normally post some uncooperative spiel about being Eralea on all four servers and merging names, but this time I'll support the Ferghus server petition

That's what I said, you know what kind of seizure inducing headache that would cause our staff? Think about it. FOUR times the NAMES to resolve! It would be utter chaos. Which is why we always concluded, it could only be done with 2 servers at a time.

We would basically go back to having 3 servers of the 3 heroes (Mari, Ruairi, Tarlach). Merge Tarlach with Ruairi like some kinky doujinshi everyone has always wanted to see. Rename Alexina to Tarlach. There you go, the 3 heroes, just as should of remained.

Goodbye Alexina. huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu...

;)
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Nope you guys get to be Ferghus, and your merged server fix will be as terrible and broken as Ferghus's repairs.

And then people will start complaining about the merge instead of demanding a merge.

It will be glorious to watch
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited June 2, 2017
    I'd like to meet more potential friends. So yeah I'd like that, as long as nothing gets screwed up or lost in the process.
    I mean look at the candy tree event. Everyone wanted it to come back, and the only thing people have been getting are seeds. Which can be helpful for people leveling up their homesteads, sure, but what about everyone that wanted props like cherry trees or other things? Or wanted the fishing event. I haven't even been gathering all my jars anymore, and I get double with my butler. Just enough to get my coupon, do my stamp quest for the day, and then I get off.
    Yeah, I thought it was weird. I remember getting a lot less seeds and more hs items and stuff.

They can't do it. :(
    I don't like how you decide it's impossible without hearing anything being said from them. (Unless of course they've stated a specific reason from an official. )