Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Random Encounters Suggestion

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited June 3, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
So, like the name suggests, I was wondering how Milletians would feel about the idea of random encounters through the main overworld and dungeons of Erinn. Given the current storyline regarding the Prophets, I could see them having hooded figures pursuing us in an attempt to free their masters (who as of G20 are so far no longer an issue). Perhaps there are some remnants of the Cessair sitting around wanting revenge.

Essentially, it would work like this. You would be out roaming around, and depending on your overall cumulative level, you'd get random spawns of Prophets/Cessair coming after you. You would be safe in towns, your homestead, while you're out commercing (unless you guys feel otherwise, but I feel that we have enough to potentially deal with regarding bandits than to want MORE problems heading our way, and bandits equal witnesses), rafting and ballooning. Other safe zones the Hillwen Mines, the Shyllien Reserve (those two because they're guarded and require permission to enter), Field Boss Zones and Shadow Missions (again we have enough to deal with depending on the Shadow mission to warrant more trouble plus potential crashing issues). Abyss Dungeons would also be considered "safe" zones from your pursuers.

Rewards would include Crusader experience and it would be gauged on the level of difficulty of your pursuers. Granted, since you're not being pursued by Girgashiy or Zebach, you wouldn't get the skill experience for Crusader skills regarding Apostles. We don't want to completely negate the idea of Girgashiy raids, just add a little more to getting Crusader Exp that doesn't just stop after three times a day or there are issues getting a raid party together.

I'm debating on the idea of including Girgashiy mats, but since they wouldn't be from the raids, it wouldn't count toward your Daily/Weekly orders. However, this is an idea that I'm open to change if people show a desire for it.

A new item I would like to have implemented for this, seeing as it ties into Girgashiy and the Prophets, would be the Girgashiy Vaccine. This would ONLY be gotten via random encounters, and its effect would be to completely counter Girgashiy's contagion ability for a single Girgashiy run. This would allow Solo against Girgashiy to be done easier.

Thoughts? Also, add what you think would make for good rewards.
Leinei of Ruairi
EluchisNekoLily

Comments

• EluchisEluchis
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Hi, Leinei! :)

I love your idea! It would be wonderful to end a Generation and see the consequences of it. Experience how that Generation wasn't just a set of several quests, but something that modified the storyline and our gameplay; something that somehow, continues to exist.

I think that your idea adds a reality touch to the storyline of the 20th Generation!