Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dead Mafia and Fiesta?

SylekSylek
Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
in General Chat
When Mafia was introduced, it was common to see full parties playing it, and replaying it. Now you can barely find anyone who bothers to play it. As for Fiesta, I missed the introduction, but every time I go there, I maybe see someone sitting at the landmark. These seem like they'd be good social features, but nobody uses them anymore. I'm from the Alexina server, so I don't know how the other three are. Any ideas why people completely disregarded these features?
  1. How alive is your server's Fiesta/Mafia?45 votes
    1. There's a fiesta? Is it run by the mafia?
       31% (14 votes)
    2. If you're very lucky, you might be able to find something.
       36% (16 votes)
    3. It might take a minute, but you can still enjoy them.
       24% (11 votes)
    4. It's really easy to play Mafia or the games in Fiesta.
       4% (2 votes)
    5. People do this more than they run Shadow Missions.
       4% (2 votes)

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Considering you can only play the Festia mini-games a certain amount of times a day, it's pretty understandable why people don't stick around there. Besides, most people, myself included, only go there just to get the boxes quickly, then leave.

And Mafia gets boring really quick, so a lot of people probably burnt out on it.
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I have a friend that's always playing mafia.
    Twelie
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 4, 2017
    Festia*

idk why people insist on calling it Fiesta just because it sound more natural to them
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Raishii wrote: »
    Considering you can only play the Festia mini-games a certain amount of times a day, it's pretty understandable why people don't stick around there. Besides, most people, myself included, only go there just to get the boxes quickly, then leave.

And Mafia gets boring really quick, so a lot of people probably burnt out on it.

Not only that but there's only one game you can play alone minus like the fortune teller, which is another reason I think some people don't really go anymore.

I wanted to get the Festia prizes but I don't really feel like trying to find someone to play with me, especially since it is limited, asking people sometimes results in them having to say no because they already did it for the day.

In terms of Mafia, I know some people still play as like, events for guilds and stuff. Maybe see if there's a guild in your server who does events like that and would let you join in.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited June 4, 2017
    Not only that but there's only one game you can play alone minus like the fortune teller, which is another reason I think some people don't really go anymore.

A lot of people never went in the first place.

If anything, I've managed to get *more* people to play once they realize how many non-RNG prizes are available for simply sticking it out.

Also, there's *two* games you can play alone, but one of them is really long. That's why you get people with enormous stacks of tickets. They do one round of crystal defender then just stash the rest.
    ShawnH16
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Well, Crystal Defender and the punching bag game are the only ones I've been able to confirm can be played alone (Crystal Defender has been a good trial ground for perfecting my Rage Impact/Windmill combo), so I guess the abundance of multi-player only games could be a contributor for the Festia's low attendance. Entering a que for multi-payer content and waiting for others to join is pretty boring, and not many people are willing to do that even for the main game in some instances, let alone a mini game. Heck, I basically never play "Heroes of the Storm" in part because of the wait time I experienced for match-making my first time playing it (the other part is that the gameplay is much too slow for my tastes...and I've played and enjoyed the original "Final Fantasy Tactics" on PS1), and waiting on the multi-player Festia games gave me flashbacks to that.

I have no idea about Mafia, since I haven't tried it out yet. However, I do think that the Festia would be much livelier if more games had a single-player option, like real midway games.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    If you're looking for mafia games they're usually on ch6 for Alexina
    ImaizumiShawnH16
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 5, 2017
    I got a friend who does Mafia mini-game almost everyday at the same time. We actually get plenty of players, at least 8 and even up to full party too. If you want to play Mafia you should lurk around Dunbarton square ch6 in Alexina server when first 11am-12pm PST dragon raids are happening and sometimes it takes up to around 1-2pm there. The mini-game is actually really fun, some people are really good at lying and some have really good perception!

About Festia, well... That thing is sort of annoying to me. You can try to invite friends to play with you. I pretty much find Festia boring already so i just spam Clobbermeister now and try to get Wiggling Fox Ears and Wig (F). This is only thing i want from Festia now. Yesterday i got Wiggling Fox Ears and Wig (M)... Freaking (M)! I want to trade it for (F) one, but people just laughed at me saying "yeah, i will trade 100m for 20m!"... Why? Just because a single player demanded this high from that wig it doesn't mean that it is 100m from now on. It's free market... -_- I really feel like starting to hate this game's market now...
    ShawnH16
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I don't like the mafia game at all, it feels like an insanely horribly executed version of town of salem, hence I don't ever play it. Festia's cool, but the fact that it has a daily limit just kinda bums you out. Also that until I recently got a new computer, it was basically inaccessible to me because that place is LAG ITSELF.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 5, 2017
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I don't like the mafia game at all, it feels like an insanely horribly executed version of town of salem, hence I don't ever play it. Festia's cool, but the fact that it has a daily limit just kinda bums you out. Also that until I recently got a new computer, it was basically inaccessible to me because that place is LAG ITSELF.

I agree about that part, but i also disagree too. Town Of Salem has A LOT of players who cheat (revealing their roles to friends in chats such like Skype and etc.), gamethrow (do anything to make your team to lose on purpose), troll (just because they think it's fun) or even leave the game on the very first day (they don't like the role they got or they "have to go" all of sudden). Some idiots even decide that it's a good idea to afk too... lol.

In that case, Mabinogi Mafia looks more pure, but obviously developers didn't pour enough work on it. They just went with "Oh these games are quite popular lately, let's just slap in our version of Mafia fast, we don't need to put a lot of thought in it anyway". The most annoying part for me is that everyone needs to execute someone everyday unless you want to wait like 15 minutes for a night to finally appear. But i actually like the Prankster idea in that mini-game, because you can mess around with other players outfits. :D
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 5, 2017

You do realize Town of Salem based it on a real party game, right? One that is referred to as "Werewolf" and "Mafia" and has links to at least the 80s.

If anything, Mabinogi is more like the original version in digital form, which if you ask me, is enough.

No point in devising a minigame with as much depth versus a game that revolves around said concept.
    Imaizumi
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    idk about mafia but festia is not dead.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 5, 2017
    Pannya wrote: »

Festia is REALLY DEAD. I don't find a single player in there and i'm in Alexina. Sometimes i can find few players who spam Clobbermeister/Crystal Defender for few times and leave soon after it. If i would wait for someone to join into Martial Darts or Hammer Slam it would probably take me few hours or even days to finally bump into someone who will join too. People now just invite their friends over to play it because that place is empty.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 5, 2017
    I'm pretty late to the party. Coming back to check out new permanent content just to find no daily festia pug party is sad. Especially when most of its mini-games has no solo play. :(
    Danievictria
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    Greta wrote: »
    Pannya wrote: »

Festia is REALLY DEAD. I don't find a single player in there and i'm in Alexina. Sometimes i can find few players who spam Clobbermeister/Crystal Defender for few times and leave soon after it. If i would wait for someone to join into Martial Darts or Hammer Slam it would probably take me few hours or even days to finally bump into someone who will join too. People now just invite their friends over to play it because that place is empty.

i am not from that server o.O , there is quite a few parties doing daily runs on festia in mari, obviously they are not there all day, there is more stuff to do than festia...
    Greta wrote:
    People now just invite their friends over to play it because that place is empty.
    that is the idea genious lol.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    You do realize Town of Salem based it on a real party game, right? One that is referred to as "Werewolf" and "Mafia" and has links to at least the 80s.

I do know that, but that doesn't change the fact that in comparison, it feels like absolute lackluster to me. Difference in opinion. There was also that bug (or still is, haven't played the mafia game lately as I said) where it permanently resets your ingame status message and you have to manually set it again. That bothered me too. Good thing if they fixed that, though I don't care to test.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 5, 2017

I do know that, but that doesn't change the fact that in comparison, it feels like absolute lackluster to me. Difference in opinion. There was also that bug (or still is, haven't played the mafia game lately as I said) where it permanently resets your ingame status message and you have to manually set it again. That bothered me too. Good thing if they fixed that, though I don't care to test.

Town of Salem built on the concept, Mafia here more or less stuck to a more basic formula that befits what should be a simple mini-game in all honesty, and is probably much more accurate to the original concept than the clustercrap Town of Salem has become with 40+ roles.

It is just a pet peeve of mine, to essentially say one thing is a copy of another when Salem hasn't even originated the concept which is pretty recent on a time scale, but it depends on how much one gets out, really.

I am sorry if I got mad. :(
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Policroma wrote: »

A lot of people never went in the first place.

If anything, I've managed to get *more* people to play once they realize how many non-RNG prizes are available for simply sticking it out.

Also, there's *two* games you can play alone, but one of them is really long. That's why you get people with enormous stacks of tickets. They do one round of crystal defender then just stash the rest.

I know at least in Tarlach, I did see quite a few people there in the beginning for a little bit. Now I'm not sure how many people go since I myself don't.

I wasn't aware there's two solo games though, can't honestly remember which one it was I was doing. I'll have to try checking the other one out.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    No worries. But if anything, I'd have loved some more customization. Too many roles aren't good, but it also kinda feels like going back to the stone age if there's too little to me. That said, if we had lots of minigames to choose from than just this one, maybe it'd seem more appealing. I mean, we did, but then it got taken away at the end of the event.. :<
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

I wasn't aware there's two solo games though, can't honestly remember which one it was I was doing. I'll have to try checking the other one out.

Yeah, the other one puts you up against repeating waves of monsters of increasing size. It's like that one FSN event where you have to protect a crystal in the missle. This time without crazy AOE superpowers. (Well, at least ones that aren't available to players.) Also... no pets! You get bags of money depending on how well you do. It's not horribly difficult to get a good payout, but it's LONG.