Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Change Inventory Search Effect!

BloonkBloonk
Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
edited June 9, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
IGN: Bloonk
Server: Alexina
Here's my suggestion to improve the inventory search system!
Take a look. see if u can find the Average Firewood in my inventory!
G1vQYEV.jpg

If u have keen eyes, maybe you saw it. but chances are it took u a little while. and thats a 1x2 item. if it was 1x1 it would be even harder, even when highlighted.
How do we make it better? simple! take a look at this photoshopped image i made!
8a336NA.png
so much better! with a black overlay on all items that don't match the description, it suddenly makes it much easier to find whatever item i want in my cluttered inventory!

Comments

• MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I like this very much.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 9, 2017
    This is a good idea, but i would suggest you to change the interface color to something darker, because that greenish interface color does really blend in with white item highlight. Oh and also you should make your inventory more organized, it's so messy. Just a suggestion xD
    Bloonk
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I never ever use the search feature because of exactly this reason. In your case I found it very easy to spot the average firewood, but usually it's not so easy.

One suggestion from me though: I would prefer if this system would highlight the cell in question in an even more distinct matter, by making the cell's color that the item is on in a color contrastive to the item itself. Because if in this case you were searchinig for a pure black/white item, you could still have trouble finding it. That's just me though.
    Bloonk
  • BloonkBloonk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    Greta wrote: »
    This is a good idea, but i would suggest you to change the interface color to something darker, because that greenish interface color does really blend in with white item highlight. Oh and also you should make your inventory more organized, it's so messy. Just a suggestion xD

it's true. after posting this i changed my interface to electric gray, and it is substantially easier to find stuff, but it's still not as intuitive as i wish it was. i originally got the idea from how World of Warcraft does it:

0doL2C3.jpg

and even on their black background it helps a ton.
    Greta
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited June 13, 2017
    As someone who does use the darker background already, I still support this. Can we also remove the case sensitivity of the search?