Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hydra Transmutation Training for Master

YmetheFirstYmetheFirst
Mabinogi Rep: 705
edited June 9, 2017 in Help
I'm currently working on the master title and it is going to take some time to get that done. I don't mind the part where you have to put the hydras down/use the skill, but the long task of applying it to 8 or more powerful enemies at once is bothering me. I have x2 training available while doing this since I'm on the right talent for it.
Currently I am at:
-Using the skill successfully. (6786)
-Apply it to 8 or more powerful enemies at once. (3785)
-Training 278.59/460.00

I've done some searches around and am finding previous threads dated years ago that it was best done on sulfur spiders shadow mission. With the difficulty set onto Int, this gets the black sulfur spider to be Strong for me. Everything below those particular spiders are around my level, so they're not going to work. I'm only able to get the task done a little bit when I get to the big center room about 10+mins into the run. At the end of this room, I'd net on average 8 training done per wave, which totals for 40 training per 5 waves of spiders. The numbers came from only being able to hit the 8+ spiders about 4 times while on x2 training, before they all die a quick death. On Adv difficulty, everything would be all out of place for me to get anything out of the hydra training since they're all mainly awful, and I don't have access to armors/equips that changes my CP to affect the monsters' difficulty. At the end of each run, it takes about 20+ minutes if not less to do it all.

The center room is the only way for me to get any training done as the other rooms have the mobs spawning farther apart from each other with a variety of Strong and Similar with the latter being more dominant in numbers. I haven't ranked much in Enthralling Performance and was wondering if it would be worth it to use this to help with those rooms. So should I try that?

TLDR: Am I doing this right by sticking to this method, Sulfur Spiders SM, or is there something far better to do in terms of time efficiency? It seems no one have posted anything relating to Hydra training in quite a while, so it's hard to keep updated with what seems to be working.

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 10, 2017
    Hydra mastering is very painful.
    One of better training methods has to be Iria: Episode 4's The Completed Charm mission. This method may need some -CP equipment tweeking to get the training methods you want. The enemies are varied with varied CP so you may end up training multiple methods at once. This is one of the best ways to train Hydra since when an enemy falls, another will respawn in a specific small area and end up crowding around there. The most difficult part of doing this method is the multi-aggro and ally npcs running around. But there's usually enough monsters in the spawn area to kill. Crisis escape, lullaby, shadow cloak, elf hide (very effective since hydra doesn't initiate combat mode) and reindeer hide will keep aggro in check.

Good luck with mastering Hydra. You are very close!
  • YmetheFirstYmetheFirst
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    I've been on and off of Mabi around that time, the Meowbingo (whatever it was called) event, when people were able to get that mission stuck due to server lag or whatever, which in return causes the monsters to constantly respawn, while the quest itself won't be completed. I thought they fixed that already, no? I didn't mention that above, since I already knew that was the case years ago, and that everything should work as intended. With that being the case, then I'll probably be flying through that scenario fast before getting much done on the hydra training. I'll try and get back to that episode to try it on a busy channel, and see what happens. It's been a busy day for me, so I wasn't able to reply on time.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    The method will still work without the monster-stuck-glitch. Its just a bit (actually a lot [or even infinite {can't divide by zero}], since the glitch makes everything a zero risk scenario) more dangerous.