Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Musical Knowledge and Composition Books

kittymeowkittymeow
Mabinogi Rep: 310
edited June 10, 2017 in Help
Hello! I've been having a hard time attaining these books and was hoping to get some tips as to how to get them (and maybe some emotional support because it's been really draining I just want to make rank 1 scores ; v ; )? Or if anyone is willing to let me borrow their books if that's possible ^^? Thanks for clicking c:

Aurorriette
Alexina

Comments

• MrazeMraze
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    If you hop onto the wiki they specify which and where to obtain the books for that specific rank.

Was there any specific book/rank you required? I personally just finished the last few of composition and all, which included about 4 hours of L-Rod exploration at different sites around Courcle along with cutting a deal or two to get the books that are sold via Ducats (never got into commerce unfortunately).
  • kittymeowkittymeow
    Mraze wrote: »
    If you hop onto the wiki they specify which and where to obtain the books for that specific rank.

Was there any specific book/rank you required? I personally just finished the last few of composition and all, which included about 4 hours of L-Rod exploration at different sites around Courcle along with cutting a deal or two to get the books that are sold via Ducats (never got into commerce unfortunately).

It was the Soundbox Heart of the Instrument book as well as Innocence of Lute ^^
    Congratulations on your completion!
    Mraze
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    "Innocence of the Lute" was the most annoying one to get for me. Think it took me 50+ runs to get it with little to no reward, save the minute amount of exploration EXP compared to now. "The Soundbox: Heart of the Instrument" took me maybe about 20-ish of Barri Adv for 3, but I think I got lucky on that one and it was pre-revamp and both runs were done on a Tuesday.

If it helps, trying running the dungeons on Tuesdays, if possible, since that's the day for dungeon drop bonus, which not a lot of people know about.
  • kittymeowkittymeow
    Falcondae wrote: »
    "Innocence of the Lute" was the most annoying one to get for me. Think it took me 50+ runs to get it with little to no reward, save the minute amount of exploration EXP compared to now. "The Soundbox: Heart of the Instrument" took me maybe about 20-ish of Barri Adv for 3, but I think I got lucky on that one and it was pre-revamp and both runs were done on a Tuesday.

If it helps, trying running the dungeons on Tuesdays, if possible, since that's the day for dungeon drop bonus, which not a lot of people know about.

Oh gosh, the grind is real
    I'm glad you were able to get them eventually!
    Thank you for the tips c:
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Yes, it is VERY real. Think since the revamp, I'm already up 5 Barri Advanced runs for Soundbox and 25 runs for Innocence since my return a month and a half ago, and haven't had either book drop on me, not to mention that the Barri Adv passes don't drop as often as I remember.

Trying to see just how bad it is to get the danged thing to drop to determine the current market price while running for glowing pieces in Karu and just random pass runs for Barri.
  • kittymeowkittymeow
    Yes, it is VERY real. Think since the revamp, I'm already up 5 Barri Advanced runs for Soundbox and 25 runs for Innocence since my return a month and a half ago, and haven't had either book drop on me, not to mention that the Barri Adv passes don't drop as often as I remember.

Trying to see just how bad it is to get the danged thing to drop to determine the current market price while running for glowing pieces in Karu and just random pass runs for Barri.

rip rip rip
    it doesn't help that all my friends have left since I've gone, so I can barely solo those dungeons ;;;
    and as far as I've seen, no one's posted the book in the market either :o
  • MrazeMraze
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Mraze wrote: »

It was the Soundbox Heart of the Instrument book as well as Innocence of Lute ^^
    Congratulations on your completion!

Thank you! I'm at the same spot for musical knowledge though. I've actually been doing fishing at Port Cobh for a couple of weeks now which supposedly drops the Heartbox also, however there has been none in sight :(

Regarding the Innocence of Lute, I had similar experiences to @Falcondae , had to do many runs and that 1 end chest reward wasn't helping (since all my friends left me too in Mari D: ).

Wishing you all the best to find them!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 12, 2017
    "Innocence of the Lute" was the most annoying one to get for me. Think it took me 50+ runs to get it with little to no reward

Funny thing happened to me with that book. 4 years ago when i was newbie, i spammed Karu dungeon with bf for some reason i don't remember anymore and unintentionally got like 3 Innocence of the Lute books in like 5 runs. Used one myself, gave other to bf and 3rd was sold to someone lol.
    "The Soundbox: Heart of the Instrument" took me maybe about 20-ish of Barri Adv for 3, but I think I got lucky on that one and it was pre-revamp and both runs were done on a Tuesday.

Another funny thing i remembered about this book too. I got it accidentally as well. Like 2 years ago my friend asked me to run Barri Adv for 3 because her bf was trying to get a book. I wasn't unaware what book is it and also they didn't say anything about giving that book if i get it. So i did my very first Barri Adv and i opened chest just to find that book. I picked it up and noticed that this book is actually useful and kept it in bank when time came when i needed it myself.

I guess i was REALLY lucky on those books. I wan't my luck back on Math Adv... I need Hellhound Skull :(