Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Memento questions

RedhenziRedhenzi
Mabinogi Rep: 590
edited June 13, 2017 in General Chat
Can we sell the echo stones? and is there a limit to how many time we can do the dungeon daily?

Vizzi
Alexina

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    No limit to doing the dungeon.

And by sell, you mean trade to other players?

I think so.
    If only because I've heard "they become bound to your character upon equipping them", and I don't know why you'd have to say that if they weren't tradeable otherwise.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    They said in the stream that they are bound to the character, so they cannot be sold.
    Crimsọn
  • RedhenziRedhenzi
    Aww I was hoping Memento would be another way to generate in-game gold helping out the game economy and give the players something to do and work for other than spamming daily shadow missions for gold. If it's true that you can't sell/trade echo stones I see another empty server no one uses in a few months like Fiestia. Please, Nexon make the echo stones tradable...
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    I'm sort of under the impression that it's tradable until someone equips it, because neither the GM or CM seemed too clear about it.

If anything, we'll find out when the update comes out.
    Leinei
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited June 13, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    They said in the stream that they are bound to the character, so they cannot be sold.

It's only bound when the player equips them. When they aren't equipped, they can be traded between players. That is unless NA decided to change that.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Falcondae wrote: »
    I'm sort of under the impression that it's tradable until someone equips it, because neither the GM or CM seemed too clear about it.

Things that go into the Me tab can't be traded though right? Because they said that they'll usually go straight into there once you get one, though they can be put into normal inv as well. So I don't think they'll be tradable.

In any case, I don't think that's going to stop people from running it, especially when it gives you stats, and they can each be upgraded 30 times - which means 30 runs per stone, and I believe there's no guarantee which color you'll get at the end. And each dungeon I believe gives different stats on the stones (I think the harder dungeons give better stats? I may be wrong about that, it was late when I watched the stream lol.)
  • RedhenziRedhenzi
    I hope people are right and they are tradable, if not it will be a huge disappointment and people will stop using the place once they get their personal stones upgraded. which like I said for most that will take a few months, then another dead server with little purpose and no help to the game economy.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    During the steam they said it goes straight tot he "Me" tab if possible so I'm assuming they're not tradeable at all.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    During the steam they said it goes straight tot he "Me" tab if possible so I'm assuming they're not tradeable at all.

That doesn't mean untradable. Belvast seals can be placed in the Me tab, and they are tradable.
  • RedhenziRedhenzi
    edited June 13, 2017
    I hope that's not the case and I wish game companies would realize game gold is just as important as people spending cash. If the people who buy gacha's ect have no one to sell to, its a dead end, no economy loop. Some people don't get in game marketing or they just can't do it so they need another source for making game gold. Spamming shadow missions gets old very fast and that's the only way a lot of people make game currency. It would have been nice to have another source/option. ;c So many unsure answers guess we just have to wait and see. Thanks for all the replies. ^^
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Falcondae wrote: »

Things that go into the Me tab can't be traded though right? Because they said that they'll usually go straight into there once you get one, though they can be put into normal inv as well. So I don't think they'll be tradable.
    There are a few exceptions, one of them being the Red Wings of the Goddess from G1 to G3 and the Belvast Seals. So there is still the chance of being tradable, which I hope is the case.

Redhenzi
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 13, 2017
    Redhenzi wrote: »
    Aww I was hoping Memento would be another way to generate in-game gold helping out the game economy and give the players something to do and work for other than spamming daily shadow missions for gold. If it's true that you can't sell/trade echo stones I see another empty server no one uses in a few months like Fiestia. Please, Nexon make the echo stones tradable...

INB4 BEST ECHO STONES = GACHA STONES. :*
    badnewsbarrettNamiriZeo
  • RedhenziRedhenzi
    " INB4 BEST ECHO STONES = GACHA STONES. " :

Prob so but people could still upgrade and sell/trade good stones to those not looking to drop 50m on "the best" Many things that can be obtained in game show up in many gaxha's so they could do both.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Rhey wrote: »

INB4 BEST ECHO STONES = GACHA STONES. :*

Would be nice if they could just leave Echo Stones out of things like gachas. Since putting such things into gachas only just ends up killing the need to actually run the new content.
    Redhenzi
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    You guys are wondering about whether if echo stones would be tradable or not while I'm freaking out here on what kind of Bard reforges you can get for Blue Echostones... really hoping it gives out PE or at least MK (normal, excellent, or inspiring) playing effect...

Would be nice to have the whole data of what reforges you can get and such...
    Zeo wrote: »
    You guys are wondering about whether if echo stones would be tradable or not while I'm freaking out here on what kind of Bard reforges you can get for Blue Echostones... really hoping it gives out PE or at least MK (normal, excellent, or inspiring) playing effect...

They'll probably release them in the patch notes maybe?
    Zeo
  • RedhenziRedhenzi
    Zeo wrote: »

Yes it would be nice to have more answers, the stream just created more question for me.
    So I just watched part of the stream again and when Nkeona (apologies if I spelled that wrong) hovered over the stone, it showed her username and then "only item," so -username's only item-, so I don't think they'll be able to be traded.
  • RedhenziRedhenzi
    So I just watched part of the stream again and when Nkeona (apologies if I spelled that wrong) hovered over the stone, it showed her username and then "only item," so -username's only item-, so I don't think they'll be able to be traded.

Yes I watched it too and she said it locks to the char but that's after it's equipped, so we're not sure if its tradeable before its equipped.

Yes I watched it too and she said it locks to the char but that's after it's equipped, so we're not sure if its tradeable before its equipped.

Ooh I see, my mistake.