Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Go on steam guys

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
in Town Square
The devs of Pay-day 2 are giving away free copies of the game until June 21st.
Kill-Me-Baby.jpg
[Deleted User]

Comments

• watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    steam is a awful program that steals your information and makes you sign contracts. the game your want isn't yours to keep, dont say oh its not ours to start because you sign the contract and you are the one who is supporting this mess.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Well, true. But PayDay 2i is free now so. Well, we don't own nit, but it's free to access.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 12, 2017
    Never had Steam and i don't know if i will ever have it. That program is for people who have money to waste on mostly silly games in there.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    watercat0 wrote: »
    steam is a awful program that steals your information and makes you sign contracts. the game your want isn't yours to keep, dont say oh its not ours to start because you sign the contract and you are the one who is supporting this mess.

Isn't that every online software store though?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited June 12, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »

Isn't that every online software store though?

Yes. Well, so some extent.
    Some stores offers download if the runtime and executable. Offline games, of course.

And indie games generally do offer off-site play. Steam, does not, regardless of title.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    TNinja wrote: »

Some stores offers download if the runtime and executable. Offline games, of course.

And indie games generally do offer off-site play. Steam, does not, regardless of title.

This is the only thing that just infuriates me about steam. No matter what game you run, steam has to be running as well. Even if you're offline, it just needs to run no matter what.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    This is the only thing that just infuriates me about steam. No matter what game you run, steam has to be running as well. Even if you're offline, it just needs to run no matter what.
    That doesn't seem to be the case for me. I just direct launch my games, and Steam is almost always off for me. Only time it's on is if I want to do other things.
    Negumiko
  • BuffalosBuffalos

It's annoying as hell, but that isn't stealing my personal info as advertised by watercat.
    Falcondae wrote: »
    That doesn't seem to be the case for me. I just direct launch my games, and Steam is almost always off for me. Only time it's on is if I want to do other things.

It's probably running as a background process then.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Steam does feature a "offline mode".

I'm not sure how the process works.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Falcondae wrote: »

I can also confirm direct launching games downloaded through steam works. the game still downloads onto your computer so why wouldn't it direct launch, just check your steam folder. playing games through steam or while it is running has never caused me any lag issues or major problems.
    Greta wrote: »
    Never had Steam and i don't know if i will ever have it. That program is for people who have money to waste on mostly silly games in there.

so you are making a assumption about a program you have never used before. there are lots of free games on steam as well and I have found a lot of free or fairly cheap great games there that I would have likely never found if steam did not advertise them. it is up to the players how they spend their money, nobody is forced to buy anything.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Negumiko wrote: »

I can also confirm direct launching games downloaded through steam works. the game still downloads onto your computer so why wouldn't it direct launch, just check your steam folder. playing games through steam or while it is running has never caused me any lag issues or major problems.

I remember directly launching and having steam still pop up first and had to enable offline mode before I could do anything. I don't use steam or play steam games too often so I don't know how to play the games without the steam client legally.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Steam does feature a "offline mode".

I'm not sure how the process works.

First gotta launch the steam client with a steam account. Then you have to go through options to restart steam into offline mode. Reason why you need to still connect and login is to verify your steam library through steam's DRM. Once you're in offline mode all online-only functions are disabled through the client: no store, community page, or update downloads for games.

Sometimes there are games that don't use Steam's DRM, and you can just launch them directly without ever launching steam.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Negumiko wrote: »

I remember directly launching and having steam still pop up first and had to enable offline mode before I could do anything. I don't use steam or play steam games too often so I don't know how to play the games without the steam client legally.

you can access any of the games you have downloaded through steam by going into the steam folder on your computer which should look something like this:
    steam_games_by_kittykira-dbcl7xe.jpg

all games you download from steam are in there and most can be launched without steam running. the game is on your computer playing it through steam is just a convenient shortcut to it but going directly to the game folder to direct launch it is possible anytime. mabi chose to remove their direct launch so in this case you would have to use steam to play mabi however I won't blame steam for mabi's poor decisions.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Ever since steam direct, there will be less developers who will upload their games to steam because it will cost money for them. Remember nothing good comes from steam now, there is just junk games, steam direct will not fix those issues.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    To be fair, Greenlight were responsible for some of the great indie game swe have now like Risk of Rain.

That, was Steam's credibility who boosted the game's popularity.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I got that permanent copy of Payday 2 for free on Steam (to the first 5m who claim it), and I'll probably never play it. :/

That's literally 80% of my steam library, dude.
    [Deleted User]
  • watercat0watercat0
    I got that permanent copy of Payday 2 for free on Steam (to the first 5m who claim it), and I'll probably never play it. :/

that money would be used for mabinogi, you could have help fund the game but no you wasted money on games you never play.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

that money would be used for mabinogi, you could have help fund the game but no you wasted money on games you never play.

Yes, waste it on Gotchas which you "love" a lot :^)
  • BuffalosBuffalos

Actually I've only paid for five of my Steam games. The others were free titles I've picked up or gifts from friends. Played through most of 'em too.
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    classic watercat0