Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alchemy Needs a Revamp and I have some ideas.

BorrivaBorriva
Mabinogi Rep: 670
in Feedback and Suggestions
I've been an Alchemist since I started playing Mabi, and I feel like the other combats are leaving it in the Dust. I'm a Grandmaster Battle Alchemist and Vates. Alchemy needs more range, a wider selection of combat skills and a few over all changes. I'm going to list them in bullets to try and help. It's going to be a bit lengthy but I hope you read and consider all of the following;
* Make the bonus damage for Alchemy Skills except for Life drain to be based on your Max HP, MP, or Stamina. It's really annoying to gain a base stat that gets weaker the longer you fight. Especially since Alchemy is currently so weak in the grand scheme of things.
* On the Alchemy Bubbles overlay during Golden Time show Golden Times Current Duration in Seconds. Also have Golden time increase the users Critical Hit rate during it's duration.
* Change R1 Summon Golem's shell to that of a Crystal Golem so that an R1 Golem can be distinguished from R5. Also port the AI select-ability from pets to the Golems so that if you need to defend yourself the Golem isn't dead weight. Also grant it some Magic defense and Protect.
* Water elemental "Lightning Rod", I'll call it "Hydro Ray". Same range, Cool Down, and Charge Time mechanics, But Lower base damage. Cost 5 Water Crystals some amount of MP and Stamina. Deals more damage with you MP stat. Ranking it raises MP. Deals More damage under the effects of Rain Casting. Master Title can give 10 Water alchemy damage and like 50MP.
* Wind elemental Tornado, No name other than "Tornado" came to mind. It would cost 5 Wind crystals and some amount of MP and Stam. Only Cast-able under the effects of Rain Casting. Take 3sec to charge at R1, attack like Sakura Abyss but the Drawback would be it ends Rain Casting after effect concludes. Maybe have a 5sec attack duration. and Master Title would give 10 Wind damage and 5sec of added duration. If elemental wave is charged this attack can be used immediately.
* Decrease cast time of Rain Casting to 3secs but have it still take 10secs to fully form the storm cloud. But this way Rain Casting is still usable during combat.
* Earth/Fire elemental attack, uses 3 Fire and 2 Earth crystals. I'll call is Magma Burst. It has the same range as Flame Burst but has a 30Sec Cool Down. It would apply a Damage over Time effect with a twist. The next alchemy skill that lands, excluding Shock and Hydra, will land a Critical hit and the DoT effect will end, but the target will incur added Explosion damage.
* Water/Fire elemental attack, uses 3 Water and 2 Fire crystals. I'll call is Steam Burst. This will be another Pressure build like Heat Buster but require twice as much pressure. Has the range of Shock wave with less damage. Instant load time with no Cool Down. While the skill is loaded you can move, and if you're struck it counter attacks with x2 damage, but the skill gains a 20 ~ 30sec Cool Down. Can be used immediately while elemental wave is charged.
* Cosmetic changes, add a tab in the Character Window to display your current total non-variable bonus Alchemy damage totals. And reveal Shock's Min and Max damages. I don't care how weak shock is. And Yes I know shock is strong because it can hit infinite targets but it's damage is lack luster for what you have to do to attain the skill. I just don't feel like doing Quantum Mechanic equations to find out what my damage is with unknown variables you must figure out yourself.
Zeo

Comments

• ArchmagickArchmagick
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Alchemy is never going to compete with damage skillsets. Imo, it needs to be a largely utility class and it does an okay job at it in certain niches, but isn't universal. So what I would do:

- Alchemy skills scale with MAX HP/SP/MP
    - Frozen Blast gains % success rate based on HP/MP/SP, to a cap of 90%, but DURATION scales with enemy combat power.
    - Flame Burst adds a slow and a DOT burn based on HP.
    - Sand Burst with the Master title works in a small cone around target.
    - Wind Blast is an AOE rectangle, and applies a stun similar to Charge (think LRod or JBlade)
    - Shock duration is doubled, as is bolt number and speed
    - Rain Casting should lose its persistent aggro effect, but periodically drop lightning bolts that stun enemies within the cloud and cancel aggro (technically it would aggro the cloud)
    - Summon Golem should have a better AI, and have a large Stomp/WM radius against enemies that come into its radius.
    - Heat Buster should have a bigger KB effect.
    - Water Cannon needs to have an explosion effect that lowers enemy attack speed and skill load speed in an AOE.
    - Hydra needs a larger AOE, maybe a slow and the magic debuff needs to persist for 60 seconds after enemies walk out of hydra, however, it should count as an attack for stuff like Lullaby and the like.
    - Life Drain should have a LONG (say, 60-120 sec CD) but it should deal % max health damage (that ignores def/prot) to all enemies (say, around 10%), can't be used on the same enemy more than ones, and applies overheal as a heal over time.
    - Barrier Spikes should apply 3 at once, and should scale with the HP of the user.
    ZeoRainthesword
  • BorrivaBorriva
    I've considered things like that too. Maining Alchemy I've learned that it can be powerful bit only when combined with other alchemy skills. So it would be nice to not have my strongest skill be a basic alchemy. Also its been a long time since alchemy has actually gained some attacks.
    * Mana Crystallization could use a change. The Ice Spear, Fireball, and Thunder crystals are lacking in utility. Do to low power, long load times, and no way to modify damage. Maybe also add in a way to make Alchemy crystals that can be enhance your attack power.
  • KodoraKodora
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    its better than what it was before the revamp. Be happy.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Kodora wrote: »
    its better than what it was before the revamp. Be happy.

What's your point? The same can be said about Melee, and it got a revamp.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    While I will agree that alch probably needs some tuning we all have to admit that fighter needs something the most
    KadalynYangKoete
  • BorrivaBorriva
    Well yes there are a lot of talents that could still use some tuning. And I have ideas for some Melee classes. But currently I'd like to see alchemy get some much needed love. But I'm biased I'm an alchemist after all. Actually I have two gripes. The first being how expensive Alchemy is. I wouldn't mind paying so much for cylinder repairs and crystals if alchemy was better.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I support this and it is something that would make alchemy bit more usable... I love the idea... especially for the damage being scaled off max HP, Mana, and Stam instead of your current (so that way you don't do less damage as you start to run out of HP, Mana, and/or Stam from using skills)
    Kysirai wrote: »
    While I will agree that alch probably needs some tuning we all have to admit that fighter needs something the most

I agree, I feel like alchemy and fighter need the revamp the most plus puppetry may need a slight revamp (no one really uses it except for Act 6: Crisis now)
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited June 19, 2017
    i wish someone would marge my post onto this one- i be fairly happy, (of course i didnt ask the poster and that be rude)

edit: of course i asked for things that are broken to be reviewed.
    alchemy is one of the most BROKEN skillset, probably 1/3+ of the skill set doesn't work, the weapons are off or broken. even viviace has NO noticeable increases to alchemy even if it gives same load time as mage skills.
    items and skills involving placement haven't been allowed in most new content.
    and some of alchemy mastery ranks cant be fully completed due to the last patch.

im not even asking for a upgrade or a new set of anything, i merely requested to fix whats broken or doesn't work the way it should...
    so i 100% agree. the entire subject of alchemy needs to be reviewed by the staff, and patched. - i find this to be a great deal of an issue to suggest anything smaller then a patch <3 <3 <3

the only revamp i like is for tower cylinder to be usable with the new skills regarding elemental wave or golem. the fact the tower cripples you is enough to gain same excess as a cylinder. - i be thankful with jsut that, everything you have said would be a blessing to me. I hope the people in charge read this comment and know the urgency of how much i support what this guy has said and wish to offer as a suggestion.
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
    Archmagick wrote: »
    Alchemy is never going to compete with damage skillsets. Imo, it needs to be a largely utility class and it does an okay job at it in certain niches, but isn't universal. So what I would do:

- Alchemy skills scale with MAX HP/SP/MP
    - Frozen Blast gains % success rate based on HP/MP/SP, to a cap of 90%, but DURATION scales with enemy combat power.
    - Flame Burst adds a slow and a DOT burn based on HP.
    - Sand Burst with the Master title works in a small cone around target.
    - Wind Blast is an AOE rectangle, and applies a stun similar to Charge (think LRod or JBlade)
    - Shock duration is doubled, as is bolt number and speed
    - Rain Casting should lose its persistent aggro effect, but periodically drop lightning bolts that stun enemies within the cloud and cancel aggro (technically it would aggro the cloud)
    - Summon Golem should have a better AI, and have a large Stomp/WM radius against enemies that come into its radius.
    - Heat Buster should have a bigger KB effect.
    - Water Cannon needs to have an explosion effect that lowers enemy attack speed and skill load speed in an AOE.
    - Hydra needs a larger AOE, maybe a slow and the magic debuff needs to persist for 60 seconds after enemies walk out of hydra, however, it should count as an attack for stuff like Lullaby and the like.
    - Life Drain should have a LONG (say, 60-120 sec CD) but it should deal % max health damage (that ignores def/prot) to all enemies (say, around 10%), can't be used on the same enemy more than ones, and applies overheal as a heal over time.
    - Barrier Spikes should apply 3 at once, and should scale with the HP of the user.

This I would love to see, once I title all my druid skills I want to go over to alchemy with a full skill reset and I would love all of this.

(Rip Aussie Latency)