Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

An old man's dream...

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited June 12, 2017 in General Chat
Young grasshoppers...let me tell you of a time long ago. There was a race held back then in Erinn. Millitians far and wide came to participate. It was an Amazing Race. Spirits of winners were high and losers soured. Nonetheless, everyone had fun. I also met a cute and funny gal once upon a time. The first time I had the most fun in Erinn. She wore a Summer '08. I've sought after this long gone sentimental dress and the amazing cap to once again smell the scent of its nostalgia. Just once...I dream to see it again.

cameron.gif
  1. NEXON...45 votes
    1. Please?
       44% (20 votes)
    2. Let dreams be dreams.
       56% (25 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Sure, lets bring it back. ^_^
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm left confused here.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm left confused here.
    That's what she said.
  • GretaGreta
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I'm left confused here.
    That's what she said.

Excuse me?
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'm left confused here.
    That's what she said.

giphy.gif
    JJEREMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
  • GreaGrea
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    I wouldn't mind the event, but they would have to restrict so much for the event to work. (Race running speed,titles,mounts,equipment,music buffs,speed potions)

Would be interesting if they did let those work, but that's the issue I see.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Grea wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the event, but they would have to restrict so much for the event to work. (Race running speed,titles,mounts,equipment,music buffs,speed potions)

Would be interesting if they did let those work, but that's the issue I see.

Just one default running speed with a temp boost zone layed out within the tracks or short-cuts?

And that summer 08' has been ducking for me for over 5 years already. :(
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 12, 2017
    or they can just re-release last year's monster urn that had the 08 wear in it because money > revamping an old event for nexon

well I mean that's just my guess. reselling old gacha that already exists is easier and more profitable than paying someone to revamp a racing event to make it fair for this day and age of pets and speed buffs

they'd also need to revamp the summer 08 and amazin cap to be wearable for giants or otherwise it's unfair? yeah let's have an event with prizes only 2/3 the population can enjoy
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Arjune wrote: »
    or they can just re-release last year's monster urn that had the 08 wear in it because money > revamping an old event for nexon

well I mean that's just my guess. reselling old gacha that already exists is easier and more profitable than paying someone to revamp a racing event to make it fair for this day and age of pets and speed buffs

they'd also need to revamp the summer 08 and amazin cap to be wearable for giants or otherwise it's unfair? yeah let's have an event with prizes only 2/3 the population can enjoy

Yeah! Giant lives matter! :(
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    How about them pvp tournaments in sen meg? Let's have those again ;)
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    It doesn't necessarily have to be the racing event or a limited sale gacha, it could be some other event. Let's take Romantic Autumnal dresses for example, they were in gacha and cost a ton, but one simple fishing event made the outfit obtainable. Same with 2012 wears we got in the winter. Some outfits that came from gachas we get from events in NA (and unfortunately vice-versa). Might be we'll get a new event for 08 wears? :)
    CarlizeArjune
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Jesus Christ people, you can't just say "That's what she said" on just any comment to imply an unintended double entendre of a sexual nature. That's wasting a good phrase on stretches.
    GretaTwelie
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Aell wrote: »
    It doesn't necessarily have to be the racing event or a limited sale gacha, it could be some other event. Let's take Romantic Autumnal dresses for example, they were in gacha and cost a ton, but one simple fishing event made the outfit obtainable. Same with 2012 wears we got in the winter. Some outfits that came from gachas we get from events in NA (and unfortunately vice-versa). Might be we'll get a new event for 08 wears? :)

I like this idea

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Jesus Christ people, you can't just say "That's what she said" on just any comment to imply an unintended double entendre of a sexual nature. That's wasting a good phrase on stretches.

But literally that's what she said! XD
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,560
    I'm left confused here.
    That's what she said.

last night
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 14, 2017
    I'm left confused here.
    That's what she said.

last night

What...? I don't get these "that's what she said" joke after someone saying "i'm confused".

Just concentrate on OP thread for gods sake.
  • ChattiChatti
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    Hardlyarhi is selling the summer 08 on mari @Rhey
    8c6b8725f6502a0ae6f3c74c9628b6d5.png

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Amazing Cap looks amazingly terrible. (I still have it, even that longsword)
    It's time to
    Let.... it.......go......
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ya'know what old event I hold dear?
    Even though the rewards aren't anything I can remember.

73ecdc74c5.png

The Santa's Helper Event.
    Back in December of 2008.

I liked how when you were currently helping one of the differently colored Santas, you had a colored santa's helper outfit displayed, even though you were still wearing whatever you had on under it. (sort of like Style Tab, though this was way back in 2008 before that was a thing)
    Aeren
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I would love for the iria treasure chest event to return. Now that is real nostalgia there.
    Aeren