Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Grade 30 Echostone Effect

StyrmlingStyrmling
Mabinogi Rep: 550
edited June 20, 2017 in General Chat
So I actually reached Grade 30 on an Echostone and realized there's a neat little effect you get when you have it equipped.
Makes you wonder if this effect can stack with multiple Grade 30 Echostones.

Edit: I have a better image upon request.
The effect follows you, similar to the Shadow Effect on MapleStory.
http://imgur.com/a/xEHbP
badnewsbarrettKokoroAellZeoVimi

Comments

• AroAro
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    Is that under your feet?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    You should post a picture with your character and such to show relative size, location, etc.
    CarlizeZeo
  • KazukixdKazukixd
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Your luck is unreal. :#
    Policroma
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    edited June 20, 2017
    Wow congrats on the grade 30 stone!

I'm at 25 but I'm really scared to go further because my friend told me that the stats will reduce by 4 for each failure even beyond the stats that you received from ranking up. Is that true?
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Kokoro wrote: »

I'm at 25 but I'm really scared to go further because my friend told me that the stats will reduce by 4 for each failure even beyond the stats that you received from ranking up. Is that true?

I don't believe so... if it fails at 25 > 26, the grade level 24's stats will reroll but you don't lose the stats for each fail, it will drop down a grade by one if you're at 25+...
  • KokoroKokoro
    edited June 20, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »

I don't believe so... if it fails at 25 > 26, the grade level 24's stats will reroll but you don't lose the stats for each fail, it will drop down a grade by one if you're at 25+...

Yes this is what I thought but my friend kept saying he lost more stats than he gained so I'm scared of trying.

Edit. Okay we did another test and you only lose the stats that you had received upon rank up if you go down a rank. He must have just been scatterbrained the first time. Phew!
    Zeo
  • StyrmlingStyrmling
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    Yes this is what I thought but my friend kept saying he lost more stats than he gained so I'm scared of trying.

I can assure you, your friend is mistaken. When you awaken your Echostone, it goes up a random amount. When it drops, it will go down the amount that it went up from X Grade to Y. So for example, your Grade 26 Echostone goes up 6 Stat points. If it fails to go to Grade 27, it will drop by 6 Stat points.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Styrmling wrote: »

I can assure you, your friend is mistaken. When you awaken your Echostone, it goes up a random amount. When it drops, it will go down the amount that it went up from X Grade to Y. So for example, your Grade 26 Echostone goes up 6 Stat points. If it fails to go to Grade 27, it will drop by 6 Stat points.

Thank you!
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    But once the grade drops and so do the stats, is the stat you roll random again? Example 25->26 fails, loses 6 Int, roll 1-7 gets roll 2 and may fail again? Or is it fixed to receive 6 Int again?
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Aell wrote: »
    But once the grade drops and so do the stats, is the stat you roll random again? Example 25->26 fails, loses 6 Int, roll 1-7 gets roll 2 and may fail again? Or is it fixed to receive 6 Int again?

It's random.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Styrmling wrote: »
    So I actually reached Grade 30 on an Echostone and realized there's a neat little effect you get when you have it equipped.
    Makes you wonder if this effect can stack with multiple Grade 30 Echostones.

Edit: I have a better image upon request.
    The effect follows you, similar to the Shadow Effect on MapleStory.
    http://imgur.com/a/xEHbP

Which stone is that? And which one shuld I go for if I want hydra reforges?
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    Black Echostones for Alchemist reforges.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Aell wrote: »
    Black Echostones for Alchemist reforges.

thnx m8.