Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why we need 2 be able to equip 0/0 & Expired items

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
in General Chat
For the sake of fashion. Especially rare non-repairable/event stuff.
Plus plat hammers and/or buying another pair(I.e wings/sets) is way2expensive.
Magic powder and equips that breaks while worn ignore stats but their appearance is still valid.

p.s. Pons/prem subscriptions just 4 the fashion tab is not worth it.
ba8.gif

2BAD4U
-That tail will expire.
-That wig is UN-repairable.
-That outfit will expire. And un-tradable so no 2nd pair 4 U.
-That flute is 1/1 and irreparable. With no fashion slot for weapons it won't last longer than a few hrs of afk.
-IRL is 2Broke4Fashion tab/Premuim subscriptions.
  1. Fellow Fashionogis~Why should U care?34 votes
    1. It shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to look Fabulous!
       53% (18 votes)
    2. Everyone wulda had a (Fashionably functional)Yui!
       47% (16 votes)

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    They gotta con money out of us somehow mate.
    You also can't use weapons in the style tab anyway. I think it would be nice to still be able to equip broken weapons and just have them have no statistical effect, but clothing wise, nah. You can wear broken clothing so long as you don't take it off but Expired clothing and deliberately unrepairable clothing were designed that way intentionally for reasons.
    The system coulda been done better but its a system thats a part of the game.
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 24, 2017
    Giegue wrote: »
    They gotta con money out of us somehow mate.
    You also can't use weapons in the style tab anyway. I think it would be nice to still be able to equip broken weapons and just have them have no statistical effect, but clothing wise, nah. You can wear broken clothing so long as you don't take it off but Expired clothing and deliberately unrepairable clothing were designed that way intentionally for reasons.
    The system coulda been done better but its a system thats a part of the game.

There is enuf incentives for the (Top 10%)whales to hunt for a clean version. let the rest of us have our fashion-free(less perks) identical alternative. :(

Also let those who stick around keep their exclusive event wear as a gesture of gratitude.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I think an easier suggestion would just be for them to stop making things that can't be repaired. Whether or not they'd do this for things already in the game, Idk, but it'd be nice for things in the future.
    CarlizeZeoSaiDanievictria
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I think an easier suggestion would just be for them to stop making things that can't be repaired. Whether or not they'd do this for things already in the game, Idk, but it'd be nice for things in the future.

Please no. This is how most event items should be done.

Why though?
  • RheyRhey

Why though?

tenor.gif
    CrimsọnZeo
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited June 25, 2017
    S..so..you want them to completely remove a game mechanic just cuz you don't want to work for gold to buy new items? The "top 10%" only exists cuz in this case a lot of them worked to get there. This mechanic exists solely for gold generation and trade. If an item, say SAO Yui (Cp version), becomes rare, it's an extremely old item and all their durability is wasted away. I personally think it adds a touch of realism. Everything breaks over time. As for items like event stuff, I can completely agree that there shouldn't be items that can't be repaired. Especially considering how trash some of those items are in the first place. As far as "pons just for the fashion" if you don't like it, bless your items. I personally see nothing wrong with donating $1.20 just to enjoy a mechanic that makes my life a little easier. Fashion is this games bread and butter, you can't expect them to make it that easy especially when hundreds/thousands already pay millions to get their best look. Not everything on any MMO is free.
    GretaJJAeolys
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    style tab is cheap

$30 spent on nothing but pon for use on style tab can easily last 2+ years!

though be nice if 0/0 weapons and shields could still be equipable since they wont give us a style slot for them
    Aeolys
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    S..so..you want them to completely remove a game mechanic just cuz you don't want to work for gold to buy new items? The "top 10%" only exists cuz in this case a lot of them worked to get there. This mechanic exists solely for gold generation and trade. If an item, say SAO Yui (Cp version), becomes rare, it's an extremely old item and all their durability is wasted away. I personally think it adds a touch of realism. Everything breaks over time. As for items like event stuff, I can completely agree that there shouldn't be items that can't be repaired. Especially considering how trash some of those items are in the first place. As far as "pons just for the fashion" if you don't like it, bless your items. I personally see nothing wrong with donating $1.20 just to enjoy a mechanic that makes my life a little easier. Fashion is this games bread and butter, you can't expect them to make it that easy especially when hundreds/thousands already pay millions to get their best look. Not everything on any MMO is free.

100% agree with this post.
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    All expired and 0/0 items should automatically destroy themselves >:)
    Aeolys
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

Why though?

If event items are made irreparable, they're more likely to be appreciated if they return. Not only that, but it's just a good practice for when OP event weapons come out; such weapons should not replace ordinary gear.

Why should event items be permanent?
    Aeolys
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 25, 2017
    This thread :| none of this even matters when plat hammers exist and are thrown at us constantly either through free events or gacha

if it can't have a plat hammer used on it well then they did that for a reason. I'm still salty they can't be used on wavesweeper,s but I guess that's what repair protections are for
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    OP is right, realism doesnt make a good game, money pits dont make a good game, not everyone can afford to spend money on gachas and other bs, op weapons arent an excuse, just dont make op weapons, problem solved, and I realy love how everyones like "that stuff is that way for reasons" but then gives no explination, "because reasons" is NEVER an answer, thats part of the problem with this game, everyones a buncha kiss ass boot lickers, they know no matter how shitty they make things, people like u guys will still buy it over and over again, and no matter how valid someones point is when making any sort of negative claims, there will always be waves of people jumping up to defend their poor waifu nexon
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    If you hate the durability system that much, don't play. Simple as that. Why you're complaining about a core mechanic is beyond me.

The style tab is so inexpensive and is the perfect solution to your fashion durability problem. Seriously, 12 pons is a mere $1.20 (cheaper with discounts). In a free to play game, its chump change compared to the other things you can do with your money.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    As a guy who issaying this as a fashionogi (who literally have almost everything in game) player, I do think fashion stuffs should be bit more common and accessible so common players can actually get them and enjoy them... but that's it. I personally don't mind paying VIP service or pons to get the Style tab as long as it mean your stuffs won't lose the durability there but I do wish they'd add in the accessory (for things like halos and flying puppets) and weapon slot (for things like pillows, puppets, bags, etc) just purely for cosmetic only in Style tab.

I agree with this... unrepairable items trigger me... though I feel like they should make the items be tradable as well. I'm still obsessed with how DevCat made the Two-Toned Cupid wings be an untradable item you get from Eweca Orb but at a low rate... just why?
    badnewsbarrett
    I think there needs to be a better way than just "put money into the game for style tab" because not everyone can or wants to pay for that. Just because it's cheap for some doesn't mean it is for others. Some people have to save that money for other necessities, I think people tend to forget that... Also, yeah, the fact accessories and weapons can't be equiped in there doesn't help either.

Also @Zeo the two-tone Cupid wings not being tradable makes no sense to me either. I saw someone wearing a pair not too long ago and it took me forever to figure out what they were because they were such a pretty color, I thought maybe they had been a normal pair of wings released. My guess is because people want wings like that, though, they figure more people will pump money into the game for a chance to get themselves some.
    Zeo
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 25, 2017
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    All expired and 0/0 items should automatically destroy themselves >:)

94749db1c33a42e183efc99fa25ebb12.gif

Not even gunna let me use a hammer to revive it bruh?

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 26, 2017
    I think the style tab being required to equip certain things like tails is kind of dumb, however being able to equip 0/0 items for looks seems overpowered lol take some care of your items! It serves an incentive to not just blow up expensive items with enchants or idle and repair at ferghus when you don't feel like buying style tab that month. Expiring items expire for a reason, letting them still be equipped literally defeats the purpose. You could just ask for items to not expire.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited June 26, 2017
    Blortad wrote: »
    OP is right, realism doesnt make a good game, money pits dont make a good game, not everyone can afford to spend money on gachas and other bs, op weapons arent an excuse, just dont make op weapons, problem solved, and I realy love how everyones like "that stuff is that way for reasons" but then gives no explination, "because reasons" is NEVER an answer, thats part of the problem with this game, everyones a buncha kiss ass boot lickers, they know no matter how shitty they make things, people like u guys will still buy it over and over again, and no matter how valid someones point is when making any sort of negative claims, there will always be waves of people jumping up to defend their poor waifu nexon

I gave a pretty good reason, gold and market generation. And "realism" doesn't make a good game, it makes an enjoyable one. If I can associate in one way or another with a game, I enjoy it a lot more than I if I'm playing Elder Scrolls and eating potatoes to survive a daedric attack, Cuz logic. I do love tho that the person that is talking about excuses provides none for anything in his/her post and is also the only one throwing words and insults. Why isn't an overpowered weapon, WHICH by the way, doesn't exist on any scale in this game, it's the reforges in most cases, an excuse? Why isn't it okay for people to defend their games developer? The only person I see not giving proper explanations of anything so far is you Sir or Madame, dont come in here throwing words if you can't meet your own standards.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 27, 2017
    I am a firm believer that paying for cosmetics (and conveniences [to an extend but that's another story]) in a free to play game is okay. Otherwise, it becomes paying to win/proceed/skip. Paying for gachapon for fancy clothings (thats what people go for, featured items) and the style tab is absolutely fair; because they do not impact your ability to play the game. Paying for the style tab to avoid durability loss just to look nice falls under this.

I can smell what the future hold so I'll respond to them now:
    Anyone who argues "I dun wanna pay" needs to remember that this is a free to play game.
    "It should be free because they get most of their money from gachapon sales"; that's like saying "I want free keyboards because the electronics stores get most of their money from laptop sales." Just no.
    "Sometimes you get package deals like that"; you, the consumer, do not decide the discount deals, the sellers do.
    AlmostNotsuper