Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Was Our Dance of Death Nerfed?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
Just an observation I only just now noticed.

At rank 1 Dance of Death, the base damage of the skill is 220 for us, right?

Is that what it is in other versions of Mabi?
Looking back on older videos and the gameabout for KR Mabi... ours looks like it was nerfed slightly in the damage department.
The gameabout page on it shows that r1 is 250 base damage.

This video matches that, showing it doing 250 to the enemies it hits.

And this one's even weirder, doing 275 on a non-crit!

But ours is 220.
Weird!

Comments

• SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Maids and Butlers came nerfed - So why not!

I cannot say however, but it appears to be nerfed that way. Even Rank F doesn't match its base damage.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Oh wow... really?

If that is really the case... kinda getting sick of us kept being shafted for NA Mabi...
    TheDumbOneCrimsọnVimiRadiant DawnTwelieSherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    There is a high chance it could have been from KRTest, where things can change any time before being put out. (You used to be able to Leap/AS without cooldown at first there and other things as such.)

I wouldn't know anymore tho.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    More proof that KR hates us.
    TheDumbOneRadiant DawnSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    At the very least, I found out why the 2nd video was doing 275 damage per hit normally.

It seems that the Bhafel Huntress Arrows, that normally boost damage by like 15%, affects even the damage of Battle Dance.

A friend tried it out for me, and she was doing 253 damage on a non-crit.
    So it's 220 x 1.15 = 253.

I'm guessing it works with Sharp Arrow Bundle, since the person in the video was using a Demonic bow for a 10% bonus. (250 -> 275)
    You can do that now, too, turning 220 into 242.

----

Actually, finding a slightly more recent video of KR mabi, it seems they do have the same r1 damage for the dance that we have.

(doing 220, and 253 for normal hits, since one person is using a normal weapon and the other is using a bhafel hunter/huntress)

I'm guessing that they rebalanced the damage for some reason between when they got Memento and when we got it here recently.
    Bringing up the damage for rF from 50 to 110, and making the spread lower from rF to r1 by capping at 220 instead of 250.

I still don't think the damage really warranted being lowered in the end.
    Not like the lower ranks having 110 damage instead of 50 really mattered, since you're only using it at those low ranks if you're training it, and if you're training it you're going to want to use enemies pre-killed with party finish rule set to "Anyone".

Well that clears that up I guess?
    VimiSugarAngelGretaJJCrimsọnZeoSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Good to hear, i almost really started to think that this must be either hax or KR actually hated us lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Greta wrote: »
    Good to hear, i almost really started to think that this must be either hax or KR actually hated us lol.

-whispers- ...kr still hates us... :p
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

-whispers- ...kr still hates us... :p

Wouldn't be surprised honestly :(
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Just got to read what Iyasenu said regarding the Dance of Death's skill... seem like the damage is the same as what KR have so we didn't really get shafted which is a good thing... phew!
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Whining over 30 flat damage. The hell is wrong with people nowadays lmao.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 5, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    Whining over 30 flat damage. The hell is wrong with people nowadays lmao.

You probably forgot that if you count that 30 damage on each hit it kinda makes some difference there. Just saying.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Not really. Just bone dragon.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited July 5, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    Not really. Just bone dragon.

I think rank 1 Dance has 10 or 11 damage ticks. That missing 30 damage is another 300~330 flat damage on targets with unbreakable defenses. It could make a huge difference to people who don't have access to ten bone dragons in the Sidhe dungeon.
    Sherri