Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Livestream coming

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited July 4, 2017
    ShouK wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »
    What is the Grandmaster Renewal and Boost Season stuff, exactly?

here is the Korean post about Boost Season if anyone is curious: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885497
    ...anyone who understand korean would kindly translate that for us?

I used my phone to Google translate, because there's images it can't translate those :( But it's broken down into three parts for the event.

The first part is called, and this is a direct translation: "Bold Skill Training 2x & Rank Up Experience Add 30 Experience." So I'm not really sure what that would be? It's an image underneath so that's all I know for that.

The second part is a daily quest and the rewards it says are:
    - Combos card / Expiration date 30 days
    - Comprehensive skill training potion (1 day) (event) / 7 days
    - Special weakness potion weakness S (event) / validity period 7 days
    - Production failure potion (event) / validity period 7 days
    - AP 10 potions / No expiration date

The quest resets at 7am and it says none of the items can be traded.

And the third part is called, again direct translation: "'Boost skill boost up!' Complete your goal!" And underneath it lists the prizes you can get each time you complete the quest, so I'm guessing it's another daily. But since it's an image I can't translate the prizes =(
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    "Rank up Experience Add 30 Experience" most likely means that you'll instantly gain 30 experience for the next rank in that skill after ranking it up.

Which means that if you have enough AP, you could just rank skills and use AP training immediately afterwards. Use AP to win!
    Vimi
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    XCalibie wrote: »
    "Rank up Experience Add 30 Experience" most likely means that you'll instantly gain 30 experience for the next rank in that skill after ranking it up.

Which means that if you have enough AP, you could just rank skills and use AP training immediately afterwards. Use AP to win!

People's total levels are going to be off the roof, now.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 4, 2017
    Vimi wrote: »
    July 5th

Highlights:

* Grand Master Renewal update
    * Boost Season
    * Renewed Erinn Beauty Box

And my favorite:

* Hairstyle Storage and Reversion Coupons

giphy.webp

AW! As soon as I saw Hairstyle Storage, I was going to use the heavy breathing cat! XD
    Vimi
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    I just see this as one step closer to the Giant Revamp. ouo
    XiokunNilremKimberly
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Nearly wrote: »

We're @Nearly there.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Nearly wrote: »

We're @Nearly there.

srcstc.gif
    Iyasenu
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    XCalibie wrote: »

I'll keep my expectations low, but I really hope that's the case.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Leinei wrote: »
    July 5th

Highlights:

* Boost Season

And my favorite:

giphy.webp

AW! As soon as I saw Hairstyle Storage, I was going to use the heavy breathing cat! XD

I'm telling you it's not what you guys think and are going to be very disappointed.
    badnewsbarrett
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    Gaea wrote: »
    July 5th

Highlights:

* Boost Season

And my favorite:

giphy.webp

I'm telling you it's not what you guys think and are going to be very disappointed.

Please enlighten us then o3o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited July 5, 2017
    Valenth wrote: »
    July 5th

Highlights:

* Boost Season

And my favorite:

giphy.webp

You will see today if they decide to reveal that to us, or by tomorrow when we get the update. I can't make conclusions because NA has released things to us differently before. But if they release it like KR did, I won't be wasting any money on it.

That said I probably won't be wasting money on it. There is a thread I posted about this when I discovered it on the KR website.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Negumiko wrote: »
    What is the Grandmaster Renewal and Boost Season stuff, exactly?

anyone else notice the livestream will be with Saygo and Mewlynne this time? it should be interesting to see another member of the mabi team :)

glad I'm not the only one who noticed. kinda interested in seeing another member of the mabi team.

as for the update, does the grandmaster system also feature grandmaster ace talents? like grandmaster druid for example? I mean, I don't really expect it to, but it would be pretty neat.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    July 5th

Highlights:

* Boost Season

And my favorite:

giphy.webp

Hmm, Rydian tells me that it will revert the hair into its coupon form that is untradeable, and is consumed upon reusing it, acting as a temporary solution. I mean, most of us were asking for pons, so I suppose this would depend on the price of said coupons.

With how often some change their hair, I'd hope it be at most 4k NX.
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    July 5th

Highlights:

* Boost Season

And my favorite:

giphy.webp

Hmm, Rydian tells me that it will revert the hair into its coupon form that is untradeable, and is consumed upon reusing it, acting as a temporary solution. I mean, most of us were asking for pons, so I suppose this would depend on the price of said coupons.

The fact that they're even giving us the option is nice so I'm not gonna complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm just glad i might actually get to change my dowra hair into something new rofl
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390

The fact that they're even giving us the option is nice so I'm not gonna complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm just glad i might actually get to change my dowra hair into something new rofl

Same. For those of us that have very expensive hairstyles, this gives us a chance to try the new ones while still keeping the old one. Even if it costs NX I'm glad there's gonna be a way.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    July 5th

Highlights:

* Boost Season

And my favorite:

giphy.webp

For me, it depends. It seems like something that would have already been available in the first place during the first beauty gachapon, while Nexon locks more and more customization options behind intolerable RNG, pushing gold prices up, and paywalls for functions that I would normally expect would at least come for free considering the rates, the gold, and everything else. Of course, I cannot say , asthe NX price are unknown for now.

I can't say I am suppose to be glad when anything is "an option" though, but rather a viable or fair one. (If they sold the coupons for 50k NX, or $50, then I would suppose it is an option, but an unreasonable burden). I would've like to believe that the suggestions put forth regarding wig slots, permanent unlocks for pons, and so forth have been suggested in many branches, but Nexon repeatedly takes the worst way by monetizing every little function that would've been free under previous directors.

badnewsbarrettVimi